Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How active are you?

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
School is out for me for a week and I've seen positive results just from better eating. Weighed myself now and I'm down to 241 lbs...down from 250 approximately 3 weeks ago. I'm not starving myself, I'm eating better. I've basically cut all junk food out of my diet (except graduation weekend) and have been eating 4-6 (I try to get it 6 but sometimes its not possible) small meals a day, about half of them being protein shakes mixed with Flax Oil (I only take the oil with it twice a day) and all that. So I've been seeing some weight loss.

However the amount of cardio I do is almost laughable. Two weeks ago, I did it three times of 20 minutes of HIIT. Week 2 I did it twice because it was graduation. This week, I have yet to do anything. The reason being that earlier I've been busy and now I go to a gym that has no cardio like a stair stepper. I hear that 20 minutes of HIIT for three times a week is the best and I did do that but I'm seeing weight loss without it. But I want to get in shape and lose more fat which I'm sure HIIT will do.

Anyway, I can't just do wind sprints for 20 minutes because I know deep down I could probably only do 2 minutes of them. So I will have to resort to reasonable alternatives. Any ideas? I thought maybe an hour after eating if possible, I'd do a brief (3-5 minutes) of high intensity cardio. Would that be a good idea?

This post mostly goes to the people that have lost fat weight. I've been feeling more energetic and that may be helping my metabolism out but I was wondering when you were losing fat weight, did you just eat right and lift weights or did you do cardio? If so, what did you do? I want to get down to my desired 200-205 by August 21st (if its more, its got to be because of muscle weight) and while I'm on my way of doing so, I'm sure probably by 230-235, I will level off because I will have lost all the fat weight I could w/o cardio. Since I have no access now to a stair stepper (the old way how I did HIIT) what did you do?

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I ask whats on the thread and all that is because after I get done lifting weights...I do nothing the whole day. I walk around and stuff to get to one spot to another but as a whole, I'm fairly inactive. Which is why I inquire about the brief sessions after eating a little while. I don't want to eat before because that probably leads to muscle being burned or something.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find out if any Ultimate Frisbee leagues or pick-up games are played in your area. Starting June 2nd, several friends and myself who play Ultimate will be starting League play which lasts several months. That means we play Sunday, Monday and Wednesday of every week, usually from 7-10PM on each of those days. Coupled with weight-lifting in the days, that can be a pretty active routine.

Ultimate is supreme for Cardio.

strong like bull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i hit the gym 3 days a week. i play pickup games of bball, usually very faced paced games of 4v4, throughout the week. sometimes ill play at night after hitting the gym. sometimes ill play on days off. it drains me a bit, but as long as i eat a big meal and rest a while in between lifting weights and playing ball, im good to go.

for what its worth, im in a slightly different situation than you. im thin, but my goal is high endurance and stamina. ive been lifting for a while and im getting stronger, stamina needs to be increased.

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score

One of my older friends whom I played football with use to be very fat. He worked out and everything. But in about 4 months he cut it down and he was a freaking monster, he was ALL muscle. He even won best figure for his senior class. I asked him after football practice one day how he did it. He said everyday he would run like 3 miles. It worked for him, plus he said he continued to work out.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just that I've been wondering how people stay active after lifting weights. Last night I played DDR at an arcade and although I sucked badly at it, I passed a level and I started to break out a sweat. It made me want to play the game more. I bet if I got a PS2, DDR MAX, and a pad, I could do some activity but I'm not sure because its not really a sociable activity. I would go swimming but I talked to my friend who is a lifeguard and some pools opened up last weekend and said the oldest people there are 12 or 13 with the exception of parents. So no luck there and my friends basically stay inactive so who knows.

Rashad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think motocross is a very good method, which is overlooked a lot.. (as long as you ride hard) and also, trials bikes...VERY Effective!

i myself could use a little more cardio and a little less food:rolleyes:

donny osmond

Don Juan
Reaction score
"It made me want to play the game more. I bet if I got a PS2, DDR MAX, and a pad, I could do some activity "

Do NOT do that.

It will be expensive to buy a PS2, DDR MAX and a pad

It will be useless

It is anti-socialable

Why not just join a sports club? Whatever you are remotely interested in football, basketball whatever really as long as it is a TEAM GAME. None of this tennis s-hit.

F-uck your friends. All my friends were inactive 7 years ago - so i joined a football (soccer) club. I knew no-one there. I was crap at soccer. I got sweaty easily. Everyone there was older than me.

BUT.....

- I learnt a new game and gradually (after practice) became very good at it

- It was a TEAM GAME so it has vastly improved my inter-personal/ social skills

- After about 2 years i established myself as the leader (captain) of the team

- I got invited to numerous trials to show off my skills (including one for tottenham hotspur, a premiership side)

- I gradually became socialable with the rest of the team, started going out on the razzle with them etc. This led to many a hook-up (their girlfriends friends etc.)

- It gave me confidence not only in football, but in everyday life - i was the s-hit at football so why shouldn't i kick-ass in life?

- It gave me a sense of competition - all this s-hit about "boosting testoterone naturally" - get out on the field and put some tackles in/net some baskets/score some goals - if you don't feel pumped by that you NEVER will

The advantages are endless. You are lucky none of your friends are active - it would get difficult if you both went to the same club (making different friends/alliances etc.)

So, JOIN A CLUB - it may be hard at first, but what isn't?

Remember, 'Anything without a risk involved isn't worth doing'

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last year, just the techniquel side of things, I used to pull 18+ hours of training a week. Then there was another hour a day for BW stuff, plus the running and weight work...it all payed off, but then again, I didn't know what a social life was :p. That was all on top of 20hours a week at uni..and what do I do you ask...physics mwhaha

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering the massive underground community for DDR thats in the tens of thousands in the US alone, its not an anti-social game. Its a good way to show off to girls that you are brave enough to possibly humiliate yourself and you will be distinguished. The point is, its a good way to get exercise at home. I did call around to find some sports teams last year. There were none my age. The oldest one was this 14-16 soccer league that the people in charge stopped half season because they couldn't find another team to play outside of the couple they played already. So DDR to me would be great activity.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by es_mer8
Considering the massive underground community for DDR thats in the tens of thousands in the US alone, its not an anti-social game. Its a good way to show off to girls that you are brave enough to possibly humiliate yourself and you will be distinguished. The point is, its a good way to get exercise at home. I did call around to find some sports teams last year. There were none my age. The oldest one was this 14-16 soccer league that the people in charge stopped half season because they couldn't find another team to play outside of the couple they played already. So DDR to me would be great activity.
And ya damn right it's great for weight loss too. I dropped from 255-260 to 235 in about 5 months with only that. No diet change whatsoever. Just DDR and weightlifting, so I maintained all my muscle. This was with DDR USA for the old PS, so I didn't have this crazy ass hardcore stuff like Max300 on maniac.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: .

Oh, and...

Originally posted by mikel
One of my older friends whom I played football with use to be very fat. He worked out and everything. But in about 4 months he cut it down and he was a freaking monster, he was ALL muscle. He even won best figure for his senior class. I asked him after football practice one day how he did it. He said everyday he would run like 3 miles. It worked for him, plus he said he continued to work out.
Thanks for posting this one. I'm going to start running this summer once my damn bum heel gets better (has tendonitis I think). I'm sick of not being able to run!!!

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ultimate is fcuking crazy for cardio... I was playin beach ultimate a few weeks ago, i was breathless after like 30 mins of hard playing

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cominig from a guy who has been out of school a while, I have come across this problem of "staying active".

I leave for work in the morning at 6:30a, and get home at 5:00p. Head to the gym by 5:30p. Done there by 7:30p and back home.

So, I try to do some sort of active/social activty on the week-ends. I am a member of the local Adverture Racing Club. So, I meet all sorts of people and train with them on the week-ends. Run, Bike...

I've never done ultimate frisbee, but sounds fun...

Last night I went to the park with a hottie from the gym and did sprints...