Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How a wingman works!

Nohitme Highmnu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am writing this, because I need to get written down how a wingman works to help a friend get the girl, just as the wingman should have all the help and support of the guy doing the PU.

I was at the bar last night with a few buddies, one of whom I've tried to explain the benefits of having / being a wingman, explaining the subtleties of social proof and all. But he just does not get it, even when I told him that I would demonstrate by being his wingman to help him out a little bit.

This is going to be a list of the 'duties' of the wingman, and also, because it is just as fitting, a list of responsibilities that the guy with the wingman should do out of respect for his wingman. Because, there is little benefit if the Red Baron allows (helps even) his wingman get shot down. (by the way this is what happened last night... I let him approach a group of these fine asian girls that he had already met, as I was following behind to join in and try to hold off some of the c*ckblocking. So, he doesn't introduce me, and finally when these asian girls shut me out of the circle, THEN my buddy says, "oh, this guy is cool, he's with me." I was like WTF.

Anyway, enough rant, we'll start with proper technique when you have a wingman.

The guy with a wingman should :
1. let the wingman know if his services are needed for the next target, provided that it is not obvious given the situation.
2. keep an open space in the conversation to allow the wingman strategic positioning.
3. leave when he is shot down, and NOT bring the wingman with, the wingman can still make this an opportunity... it is up to him to decide when it is better to cut losses.
4. introduce the wingman to the group if the situation warrants it.
5. keep the wingman in a good light, bad talking your wingman is an invitation for disaster.

That is all I could get for now... I'm sure there is more that could be added, but this is the more important part of the post anyway..

The wingman should :
1. Primary responsibility is to make sure that the potential **** blocker (CB), no matter how beastly (yes, you may have to hit on an Ug Monster, but that is part of the game), will not get the opportunity to do the ****blocking. (2 on 2 scenario)
2. Be on best behavior, you are there to help the main man, not hurt him.
3. Not try to outdo his buddy.
4. Be c&f to the things the target plus CB say, not for what your buddy says... (exceptions are in obvious setups)
5. know when to leave, sometimes the wingman gets shot down first, sometimes the main man gets shot down first, and the wingman takes it home... but more likely, when one gets shot down they are both done for.

Once again, this list is shorter then I had hoped... so, tell me what you guys think. I do have to say this though, if you can approach multiple women on your own then do so without a wingman... I am certain that there are benefits. Overall though, the real important part is that the guy and his wingman are a team at that point, and should act as a well oiled machine... and, should know when to get in the way, and when not to.