How 2 rid of acne?

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have bad acne just some that flares up every now and then on my beard outline (don't have one yet, but if i did, it'd b right there ;) ) My doctor said to make sure that after i sweat a lot to try and clean my face as soon as possible. Anyone have any tips?

RazzleDazzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't touch your face, beard, or head with your hands. This has really helped my acne problem. Hair has a lot of oils on them so when you touch them and then open skin your transfering a lot more than you think. Since your beard outline seems to be getting the most acne you may want to wash your face whenever you think you need to, i.e. after a workout. after sleeping. etc.

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go see a derm, and he will help. If you want to get rid of acne for good that ask to be put on accutane but that does have side effects. If you want more info, or you want some cheap method go to acne.org and try the regime.
JW

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) don't touch your face

2) wash your face, but not too often as that may irritate the skin and the skin will then produce oil (don't use regular soap for your face)

3) I highly recommend ProactivSolution (www.proactivsolution.com/). For a long time, nothing worked for me. I saw dermitologist (?) and nothing worked. But a friend recommended this for me. After 2 to 3 months I feel that confidence of having a beautiful face again. Of course, I did it in conjunction with:

4) a "good" diet, by that I mean I avoid as much as possible foods such as French fries, spicy stuff, etc. I was told by the dermitologists that diet doesn't affect acne. But I don't think it was coincidental that whenever I ate fried or spicy stuff that acne began to show up, and I'm not taking any chances!

Good luck.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I should add that I wouldn't recommend Accutane. That was recommended to me by the derms, but one of those side effects, I've heard (I can't confirm for sure), is sexual side effect!

Again, I stand by my recommendation, (see above). I still use it. It definitely changed my outlook, both physical and emotional.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of acne for good that ask to be put on accutane
Not true. There is NO cure for acne; not even Accutane. The only way to stop acne for good is to grow out of it. Accutane TREATS acne until you would grow out of it yourself - thus preventing scars and emotional damage. But the side effects often don't counter the benefits for some people.

I suggest trying a prescription grade benzynol peroxide topical cream first, and use it GENEROUSLY twice a day. If that doesn't work after a month, have your dermatologist put you on antibiotics like tetracycline for a couple of months. THEN if that doesn't work and you REALLY want your acne to go away sooner, try Accutane.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was told by the dermitologists that diet doesn't affect acne. But I don't think it was coincidental that whenever I ate fried or spicy stuff that acne began to show up, and I'm not taking any chances!
I think the only truth to this is that eating specific foods won't give you acne, as opposed to eating less healthy in general which will.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
there's these acne pills at GNC. I think the brand is bio remedy. they work well. don't stop taking them if tyou don't get instant results, they need to be in your system.

also, get some sort of salicylic acid cream or gel to put on your pimples before you go to sleep. it works like magic.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hygiene is number one priority. Change your bed sheets very often! This is the thing that helped me the most.
If you use hair gel, try a different brand. I had kind of an allergic reaction to a very cheap one, which really damaged my skin.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
Not true. There is NO cure for acne; not even Accutane. The only way to stop acne for good is to grow out of it.
Well, I'd better grow out of it soon, because I'm already 24! I don't have a terrible case of acne, but it is noticeable. Right now I'm using Aveeno acne treatment soap, which although it doesn't get rid of blemishes, it does help them to dry up and go away quicker. Also I use a moisturizing cream from Neutrogena, after I wash, although I'm debating on whether or not this just undoes what the soap is supposed to do.

Actually I'd been prescribed Erythromicin (I don't know if I spelled it right) before, which was some kind of liquid topical solution I would put on my face, and although it still didn't go away completely, it did reduce it considerably. I should see about getting my prescription renewed.

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was told by the dermitologists that diet doesn't affect acne. But I don't think it was coincidental that whenever I ate fried or spicy stuff that acne began to show up, and I'm not taking any chances!
Actually. I read in this months mens health mag, that a study was done that proved eating unnecessary carbs can casue acne. Foods like coke, mcdonalds, etc.

Kingz28

Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to use all those stupid acne products.. it would get rid of them, and they would come right back..

one day i said to hell with it and let them go away naturally... and now its been months since i have had a noticeable pimple or zit on my face. I don't really get it... but whatever, as long as it works.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by superman0
Actually. I read in this months mens health mag, that a study was done that proved eating unnecessary carbs can casue acne. Foods like coke, mcdonalds, etc.
It can vary from person to person, but it's been proven that food doesn't cause acne nor cause a flare up of it.

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ofus posted this link earlier..

http://www.acne.org/twicedaily.html

I used this regiment for about 5 months ago when I started getting adult onset acne...

ADULT ACNE IS A B*TCH

I used that regiment for a month and its gone..

The website states that diet doesnt influence whether or not you get acne...personally..the more greasy food I would eat..the more acne would return..

Just my experience