"Hopeless romantics" narcissistic, delusional all about me types.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I've began to be very skeptical of this type.

I remember the first hopeless romantic type I dated. I never experienced anyone be so infatuated with me before, and be so into the fairytale clichés. I knew it was too good to be true, but I gave into the fuzzy warm feelings and believed in the hype. Needless to say the whole thing ended in a trainwreck and I got hurt pretty bad. Lesson learned.

I think believing in the saying"nothing good in life comes easy" helps with keeping your guard up with these types.
Chalk it up as a learning experience. These types never change. Be thankful you didn't end up going further with the chick and possibly marrying a delusional, dream world living, flighty chick. Same chick would most likely decide based off her fairytale world of all about me "true love" when she decided to leave for her next victim that she could claim "emotional" etc. "abuse" because you didn't live up to her delusional ideal and get half. You dodged a SERIOUS bullet. Let some other dude catch that.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very similar to the situation with my ex. We knew each other for a year prior, but when we finally had secks, the relationship got super heavy super fast. Ofcourse I fell in head over heels and it flamed out after about 4 months. Somehow, I made it last an extra 3 months, which looking back, was absolutely agonizing...

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Very similar to the situation with my ex. We knew each other for a year prior, but when we finally had secks, the relationship got super heavy super fast. Ofcourse I fell in head over heels and it flamed out after about 4 months. Somehow, I made it last an extra 3 months, which looking back, was absolutely agonizing...
If a chick tells you she's a hopeless romantic she is giving you a blaring red flag heads up that she not only considers herself hopeless, holds no self accountability but let's "cupid", fairytale world, and or the zodiac stars take the blame for her delusional rainbow chasing nonsense in a day dream world that's all about serving her "perfectness" and insatiable yearning for "love".

These same types need the fuss to be all about them with you providing an endless supply of "romance" (you give she takes) till she finds the next "best prince charming" and or just decides you aren't really right to play the part in the whacked out Disney movie of her diseased mind.

Any "inconvenience" of reality not playing along with its "role" in her nutty fairytale and she's off to her next "prince charming" victim. rinse, cycle, repeat.

Last edited:

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
This is the case in my last situation. It's amazing how self centered and so involved they can be. I believe I was involved with a covert narcissist. Lack of empathy, entitlement, cold detached, aloof. Breast augmentation, veneers, hair extensions etc. I believe she was a chronic branch swinger. I'm cool to a point but I'm nobody's chump. Hate to break it to you but your not a supermodel.

yep. self proclaimed "hopeless romantics" have all those check marked.

the next "prince" or "prince's" are always lined up soon as reality dare interferes with the fairytale and the current "prince" in their whacked out minds.

might as well be juggling fine China while trying to walk on eggshells.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a chick tells you she's a hopeless romantic she is giving you a blaring red flag heads up that she not only considers herself hopeless, holds no self accountability but let's "cupid", fairytale world, and or the zodiac stars take the blame for her delusional rainbow chasing nonsense in a day dream world that's all about serving her "perfectness" and insatiable yearning for "love".

These same types need the fuss to be all about them with you providing an endless supply of "romance" (you give she takes) till she finds the next "best prince charming" and or just decides you aren't really right to play the part in the whacked out Disney movie of her diseased mind.

Any "inconvenience" of reality not playing along with its "role" in her nutty fairytale and she's off to her next "prince charming" victim. rinse, cycle, repeat.
Not sure I would say she was this extreme, nor did she ever claim to be "hopeless romantic", but the general situation about her coming on super strong, then changing gears certainly fits the bill. It was like the emotional high was gone, so let's take a step back. When she took that big step back, I should have taken two steps back. It is funny that I remember thinking before that happened.. "I wonder if this relationship will flame out" because she came on so strong once we got secksual... lo and behold, I should have trusted my gut...

And to add, she is a huge disney, hunger games, harry potter, and all other things fantasy fan... Probably also a point to add to the OP. Be aware of women that are huge fans of fantasy novels, TV, etc.!

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure I would say she was this extreme, nor did she ever claim to be "hopeless romantic", but the general situation about her coming on super strong, then changing gears certainly fits the bill. It was like the emotional high was gone, so let's take a step back. When she took that big step back, I should have taken two steps back. It is funny that I remember thinking before that happened.. "I wonder if this relationship will flame out" because she came on so strong once we got secksual... lo and behold, I should have trusted my gut...

And to add, she is a huge disney, hunger games, harry potter, and all other things fantasy fan... Probably also a point to add to the OP. Be aware of women that are huge fans of fantasy novels, TV, etc.!
Not saying yours was just if a chick happens to say she's a hopeless romantic be prepared for the bs.

yep! sounds like my ex. huge hunger games fan. good addition to the list if possible signs of a hopeless romantic. the novels, fantasy movies, tv

Milano

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its kinda funny how much we overthink this which most of the time does not do us any good. Categorizing women based on gut feelings etc. When the solution is always to get more girls into your life so that your mind can focus on the next date instead of how the last one went, thats the womans job. Its so hard to care!

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Its kinda funny how much we overthink this which most of the time does not do us any good. Categorizing women based on gut feelings etc. When the solution is always to get more girls into your life so that your mind can focus on the next date instead of how the last one went, thats the womans job. Its so hard to care!
nothing to do with over thinking. simply a heads up about chicks who are self proclaimed hopeless romantics. it's a discussion forum.

A man needs to be confident with or without needing some chick or chicks to "complete" him or use as security blankets.

Milano

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing to do with over thinking. simply a heads up about chicks who are self proclaimed hopeless romantics. it's a discussion forum.

A man needs to be confident with or without needing some chick or chicks to "complete" him or use as security blankets.
Everything is about over thinking, doesnt mean I dont agree with the thread.

LX12

Don Juan
Reaction score
This all comes down to maintaining a strong frame and not succumbing to the pitfalls of onetis. If you think for a minute you can let your guard down and "be yourself" you are in for a harsh reality. Its quite common for the Hopeless Romantic to become bored after the honeymoon period if her emotions aren't spiked and theres not a lot of polarity in the relationship. The need to always be gaming these hoes is vital.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
This all comes down to maintaining a strong frame and not succumbing to the pitfalls of onetis. If you think for a minute you can let your guard down and "be yourself" you are in for a harsh reality. Its quite common for the Hopeless Romantic to become bored after the honeymoon period if her emotions aren't spiked and theres not a lot of polarity in the relationship. The need to always be gaming these hoes is vital.
So in other words you advocate putting on an act and investing even more into a chick who's delusional so you can keep her. A strong frame doesn't put up with nonsense and gets rid of a delusional chick. not work harder to maintain things with some chick who's head is stuck in the clouds.

I'll pass.

LX12

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are not all "chicks" somewhat delusional and don't we all invest somewhat in maintaining and banging pvssy? It's your call to decide how much you want to deal with. It sounds like you have a reservation for bitter party of 1.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Are not all "chicks" somewhat delusional and don't we all invest somewhat in maintaining and banging pvssy? It's your call to decide how much you want to deal with. It sounds like you have a reservation for bitter party of 1.
Not by putting on an act of "game" let alone with a chick exhibiting a major red flag.

You simply don't waste time with chicks with major red flags. Don't know what you're on about with bitterness.

LX12

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Head in the clouds" and red flags are two intirely different things. I do agree with you in that if she's just plain crazy or shows signs of a cluster b personality disorder then by all means run and don't look back.

Cosmos15

Reaction score
At my age, 35. I have been around the dating scene for quite sometime and maturity has me now looking for something long lasting. Flings are tiring. I have been thinking a lot about settling down lately. The only missing thing is the right girl for me.