Hooked up with mates ex.....ouch!

xBoost

Don Juan
Reaction score
First thread, w00t. Man I hope you guys can help out on this one.

Yup so pretty much I let my penis do the thinking last weekend and it landed me in a FINE MESS. This girl broke up with my mate about a month and half ago. He appeared fine with it but i knew deep down he was a bit cut up about being dumped. So anyway i digress, She throws herself on me when we were at the the clubs and I don't hold back. My friend sees this and is one angry motha. How should/can i make things right with this guy?

Oh heres the zinger. My other friend is ALSO angry at me because he was after the said girl I kinda moved in on. Didn't even really know that he wanted her, but then again deep down I kinda knew that he did like her. So there we have it. I have managed to piss two of my closest mates off all over this woman. And because of this debacle I won't be getting anywhere with her anyway. Life is one gigantic piece of crapola that you screws you over at every turn....any advice guys?

I mean damn! I was happier when I wasn't getting any action. At least I didn't have to deal with this stuff.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of your friends is valid in being angry, the other is not.

By screwing your friend's ex, you've crossed the unwritten line. It is "bro before ho" etiquette to at least get permission to bed the ex of a friend. He has every right to be angry at you, because you've just demonstrated that sex is more important than your friendship with him.

Your other friend, however, was just oogling a girl at a bar that you happened to be successful at picking up. If he was so enamored with her, then he should have picked her up. At the very least he could have told you that this girl was his target. He's acting like a spoiled little brat. Tell him to grow up.

xBoost

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm too right. But I didn't have sex with the girl. The title may have misled. "Hooked up" where I come from stands strictly for just making out in a club. So I DID NOT have sex with her. But I totally see what you mean, he is more pissed off than the other guy....but still this doesn't help me put things right. Just makes me feel worse about stabbing my friend in the back.

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ask yourself this...did the girl hook up with you because she liked you or because she wanted to mess with your buddies head....show more self control in the future, you'll get more chicks as well.

xBoost

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think is was a bit of both on her part. I am well aware that i f**ked up. Was hoping someone else had this happen to them and managed to patch things up with their friends. But it looks like all im getting on here "you f**ked up". My friends come before any girl, any day.....alcohol and piss poor judgment threw that out the window that night. I guess il just have to figure this out myself. No easy answers in life aye? End of the day the only person who is there to save your ass is yourself.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had it done to me before, and I didnt forgive my friend for 2 years. We grew up down the street from eachother but I didnt talk to him for 2 years. Coming from the otehr guys view, I bet he thinks you are really selfish and personally there would be nothing you could do to make me trust you again. No matter how sorry you would claim to be, I would still know if a fine enough piece of ass presented itself you would be selfish and ignore my feelings again. I had no problem getting over the girl but it took me a long time to get over her and my friend messing around

Thats just the feelings I had when it was done to me by a friend

xBoost

Don Juan
Reaction score
AHA! A little exchange of words was all it took. We realised our friendship was better than this and not worth risking over some chick. Thanks for the positive feedback (sarcasm). My advice for anybody else going through this same thing is to just get them to tell them why they are angry at you. Even if you both know what its about. It makes the other person feel better to just get it out of them. That and make it clear you still want to be friends, and make sure you never do anything f**king stupid like that again.

outies,
- xBoost