Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Honestly, is there any place left for free speech?? (P.S. Not a political post)

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand this, why is everything becoming political these days? You may be part of a forum for years, and let's say you make a post which some members don't like. Next thing you know, you are either banned from the forum or your post is removed, without any explanation. There is no violation of rules either.

I honestly don't understand, is there any place left where free speech is allowed? where people could have varying viewpoints but still post freely how they feel without the fear of getting banned? I could understand if a post is spam and meaningless or uses alot of abusive words, that could be removed. But where do you share your free thoughts really?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about "politics" its simply that those in command decide a line for our thinking and when such line is not followed you face conseguences.

Think of "nationalism", you get bashed if you support it for your own country but then get bashed if you attack it when some other country that has to be supported does something nationalistic.

Think of money, you get shamed if you wanna keep your own money and then shamed again if you wanna give it to someone in need but thats not approved.

Think of body choice, you are part of a "community" from a point of view but those others are single people to whom you have no right to say what to do with their bodies.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
For example, if this forum wasn’t moderated it would devolve into utter chaos - it would be nearly impossible to find anything of value to read because everyone would be talking at each other instead of it being a discussion.

Even with moderation it sometimes can be a excrement show nonetheless. On the Internet everyone is a badass since they can mouth off with basically no consequences- like getting a well deserved ass kicking.

Add to that the fact that many posters here are aggressive types to be begin with (even more so then the genpop) and it would be verbal fight club.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
For example, if this forum wasn’t moderated it would devolve into utter chaos - it would be nearly impossible to find anything of value to read because everyone would be talking at each other instead of it being a discussion.

Even with moderation it sometimes can be a excrement show nonetheless. On the Internet everyone is a badass since they can mouth off with basically no consequences- like getting a well deserved ass kicking.

Add to that the fact that many posters here are aggressive types to be begin with (even more so then the genpop) and it would be verbal fight club.
That is why i mentioned in my post. People who post spam or are abusive should be totally banned. But banning someone because you disagree with their thought process? That i can never understand.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about "politics" its simply that those in command decide a line for our thinking and when such line is not followed you face conseguences.

Think of "nationalism", you get bashed if you support it for your own country but then get bashed if you attack it when some other country that has to be supported does something nationalistic.

Think of money, you get shamed if you wanna keep your own money and then shamed again if you wanna give it to someone in need but thats not approved.

Think of body choice, you are part of a "community" from a point of view but those others are single people to whom you have no right to say what to do with their bodies.
Nationalism, money, body choices...these are things that are visible and if you get shamed for it, i understand banning that person from that location. Bullies should be severely punished.

But on internet? You're just a nobody (unless if youre famous). Its only you and your thoughts. Why regulate that?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Because often people enter a space meant for focused discussion regarding a specific topic, and enter it with an axe to grind: they’re angry at the world and are going to make everyone miserable while they do it. The louder, more destructively and thoroughly they can do it the better.

This is a community dedicated to the pursuit of female sexuality. There need to be lanes and goal posts to keep it even vaguely focused.

There are some real bitter-Enders out there and we have several frequent posters that are megalomaniacal and will go scorched earth every time, insulting other posters in every way possible. They, however, know when to stop short of being banned because they need their platform to spout from. Other spaces like Reddit frankly are ridiculous - they know they can post most anything there so it’s no fun, Nvm that they’d get stupid unintelligible responses- so they chose to ply their wares here instead.

This is why there are rules on the forum. It’s part of what makes this space the last outpost of its type online with any readership.

Nationalism, money, body choices...these are things that are visible and if you get shamed for it, i understand banning that person from that location. Bullies should be severely punished.

But on internet? You're just a nobody (unless if youre famous). Its only you and your thoughts. Why regulate that?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand this, why is everything becoming political these days? You may be part of a forum for years, and let's say you make a post which some members don't like. Next thing you know, you are either banned from the forum or your post is removed, without any explanation. There is no violation of rules either.

I honestly don't understand, is there any place left where free speech is allowed? where people could have varying viewpoints but still post freely how they feel without the fear of getting banned? I could understand if a post is spam and meaningless or uses alot of abusive words, that could be removed. But where do you share your free thoughts really?
Yes the website happier abroad. The more weird theories you have the better.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
While sometimes watching a few folks going at each other is entertaining it can cause me to lose interest in a thread with page upon page of folks just lambasting each other.

The literal pissing contest. It’s not an exchange of ideas it’s folks trying to be “harder” than the next dude.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sheeple censor themselves so that they can fit in with the rest of society. Then they lambast anyone who breaks the stupid rules that they're following. It's a vicious circle.

Example: Today my gf started making a stink to me because I coughed on a train without a mask on after choking on water. She was literally hanging out around throngs of people hours earlier with no problem whatsoever and the only reason she suddenly cared was because the attendant asked us to wear the n95 mask the regs require here.

It doesn't have to make sense, and it doesn't matter if the rules are stupid, you just have to comply. All it takes is one karen to start the compliance circle and it just starts all over again.

But the pendulum is already swinging back towards freedom. There is something HUGE about to happen with twitter and the entire web of lies that is behind the censorship you're talking about. Musk's actions are opening a huge can of worms, and the karens are going to be exposed for the hypocrites and frauds that they are. Netflix has also told its woke employees to quit if they don't like free speech.

Get woke, go broke.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Elon is having trouble financing the deal now that his bank account has shrunk.

time will tell…

Serenity

Reaction score
The right to free speech does not extend to privately owned websites. There is no right to post on someone else's forum, only permission.

These days everyone acts entitled like it is their right to say whatever they want on someone else's website or forum, it is not, never has been and never will be. You can host your own website or forum to have total free speech (only limited by law), then you become the one deciding what stays and what doesn't.

If a free speech platform as you envision it, is in such a high demand there's little stopping you from setting up your own forum. Buy a domain name, find a server to host it, alternatively you can host it yourself and put some web server and forum software on it. In the past I've set up forum software hosted on my home computer, reachable from the internet, within a day. Sure, you'll have no users, but if it's that much in demand it shouldn't be hard to get a decent amount of people on it.

I do wonder how long it takes before the entire thing implodes. Haven't seen any forums successfully doing it besides 4chan, that would probably be the closest you'll get to a free speech forum and look at the rampant degeneracy they have. Almost like it isn't such a good idea after all...

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because often people enter a space meant for focused discussion regarding a specific topic, and enter it with an axe to grind: they’re angry at the world and are going to make everyone miserable while they do it. The louder, more destructively and thoroughly they can do it the better.

This is a community dedicated to the pursuit of female sexuality. There need to be lanes and goal posts to keep it even vaguely focused.

There are some real bitter-Enders out there and we have several frequent posters that are megalomaniacal and will go scorched earth every time, insulting other posters in every way possible. They, however, know when to stop short of being banned because they need their platform to spout from. Other spaces like Reddit frankly are ridiculous - they know they can post most anything there so it’s no fun, Nvm that they’d get stupid unintelligible responses- so they chose to ply their wares here instead.

This is why there are rules on the forum. It’s part of what makes this space the last outpost of its type online with any readership.
Oh reddit is crap, just utter crap. Your posts can be removed without any reason. It's just that, what is safe these days to post? Is it better to just join a forum, not contribute at all, and just leach information?

Serenity

Reaction score
Oh reddit is crap, just utter crap. Your posts can be removed without any reason.
Have you read the rules of this forum? There is a rule explicity making it clear that we can delete anything for any or no reason at all. Any third party you use to publish your opinions online has every right to delete it. That includes Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, this forum, any other forum and really anywhere that allows you to type something and make it visible to others through their website.

It's not just Reddit that can remove your posts without any reason, it's like that anywhere you go online. The only way to get control of it is to own the website you're posting on (probably why Elon Musk is buying Twitter).

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you read the rules of this forum? There is a rule explicity making it clear that we can delete anything for any or no reason at all. Any third party you use to publish your opinions online has every right to delete it. That includes Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, this forum, any other forum and really anywhere that allows you to type something and make it visible to others through their website.

It's not just Reddit that can remove your posts without any reason, it's like that anywhere you go online. The only way to get control of it is to own the website you're posting on (probably why Elon Musk is buying Twitter).
As a moderator, what would you prefer personally? Guys who contribute to the forum or guys who don't say anything and just leech from the forum?

Serenity

Reaction score
As a moderator, what would you prefer personally? Guys who contribute to the forum or guys who don't say anything and just leech from the forum?
I'd prefer having civilized discussions about anything and delete as little as possible. On this forum it's mostly uncivilized discussion (and spam) we delete. Political and religious discussion is against rules because throughout the over 2 decades this forum has existed people haven't been able to remain civilized when discussing it, there has been several attempts to loosen up and allow it, but it always causes far too many problems.

Of your alternatives I'll have to go with guys who contribute to the forum, there's still a whole lot that can be discussed without politics or religion in the mix and I welcome it even if I might strongly disagree.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd prefer having civilized discussions about anything and delete as little as possible. On this forum it's mostly uncivilized discussion (and spam) we delete. Political and religious discussion is against rules because throughout the over 2 decades this forum has existed people haven't been able to remain civilized when discussing it, there has been several attempts to loosen up and allow it, but it always causes far too many problems.

Of your alternatives I'll have to go with guys who contribute to the forum, there's still a whole lot that can be discussed without politics or religion in the mix and I welcome it even if I might strongly disagree.
Then you're one of the good moderators. Most moderators don't even wanna have any discussions at all. It's like "My way or the highway". And if the moderator is from reddit, then that way usually makes no sense. Healthy discussions without abuses should be part of every forum.

Serenity

Reaction score
Healthy discussions without abuses should be part of every forum.
I completely agree with that. I do come across a lot of opinions I strongly disagree with on this forum, but if it doesn't break the rules I will not use any moderator powers on it. I'll respond to it with my own arguments and point of view. Attacking someones argument is a perfectly valid way of discussing things, attacking the opponent making the argument is what we strike down on.

Reddit is a different beast, a lot of moderators spread across probably millions of subreddits. There's bound to be a fair amount of assh0les in there. Reddit is more like a huge collection of forums rather than a huge forum in itself, admins lay out some basic minimum sitewide rules, moderators can specify and enforce whatever applies to their corner of it.