Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Honest Question about creatine

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel a little dumb and very hyprocritical asking this but here goes - as some of you may know i recently posted a thread criticising creatine and boy did i get **** for it. But a few things were posted that got me thinking - i knew that creatine is a natural hormone that your body creates but i have to admit that i didn't know that it was in mainly in meat.

Now, i am a vegatarian - i eat fish but thats it, could i actually be lacking 'home grown' creatine so to speak???????

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Borgia
I feel a little dumb and very hyprocritical asking this but here goes - as some of you may know i recently posted a thread criticising creatine and boy did i get **** for it. But a few things were posted that got me thinking - i knew that creatine is a natural hormone that your body creates but i have to admit that i didn't know that it was in mainly in meat.

Now, i am a vegatarian - i eat fish but thats it, could i actually be lacking 'home grown' creatine so to speak???????
Depends how much fish you eat. If you want go take it as a supplement, but don't go overboard. Creatinine (the byproduct of it) is dangerous if there's too much in your kidneys. So, chill, and take it wisely.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatinine (the byproduct of it) is dangerous if there's too much in your kidneys.
Though most Creatinine is pooped out..

BTW, being a vegetarian...not so healthy in general. There are alot more nutriants than creatine that can only be found in meat.

Amorican23

Don Juan
Reaction score
creatine is not a hormone. its a molecule that binds to phosphate in your muscles, and donates the phosphate group to ADP after ATP gets broken down to ADP during contraction. This regenerates ATP in your muscles, so they can contract longer and harder. creatine phosphate is in all your muscles all the time whether you supplement or not, its part of your body's natural mechanism to ensure that your muscles dont lock if you use them and consume your ATP stores, because it takes time for the muscle to catabolize glycogen as an alternate energy source.

supplementing with creatine has no real side effects. it had been used by olympic athletes since at leats the 1950's although it has only been marketed and sold in stores for about the past 10 years. as long as you are smart, cycle it, and stay properly hydrated, you have absolutely nothing to worry about when taking creatine. and it definitely will make a difference in your training.

Integrity

Reaction score
I agree. I used creatine for a month before when I first started working out and I was able to lift over my bodyweight in two months.

I then stopped for a year and a half and got back into working out in October. Now i'm struggling just to make it to 3/4th of my weight but i'm going all natural.

Creatine is good but you have to drink a lot of water. It also has risks and I don't feel comfortable taking the risks now.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Integrity

Creatine is good but you have to drink a lot of water. It also has risks and I don't feel comfortable taking the risks now.
Oh now people will go and talk about risk. What risk? Oh wait, you won't state any. There IS none.