Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Homecoming...

Enigma2517

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was planning on going to homecoming this year. Didn't decide exactly with who. Maybe this OK chick or just go stag and hit on chicks there. There is this one other girl I have a semi-oneitis on but my friend told me she already had a date for homecoming. Or so I thought. 2 weeks before the event and she STILL doesn't have a date. Today at least 3 people came up to me and asked me if I was going to ask her to the dance. Pretty sudden...don't know where that came from. Neway, this chick kinda played games with me and we got some distance between us since the first time we hooked up. I think thats ok though because I've been giving her absolute minimal attention lately (ganji games sort of) so I think the balls back in my court.

Now here's my question. I didn't want to look so incredibly AFC that I would jump on the oppertunity the first time I saw it. She obviously wants to go pretty badly if shes telling all her friends to ask me. At the same time, I would like to ask her to the dance. The question is, how do I play this off. When people asked me if I was taking her I wasn't really prepared so I just said I was planning on doing something else and didn't specify what (oohhh the mystery :D ). However, now I've gotta act before its too late. How?

I typically overanalyze wayyy too much so I won't even try to run over a thousand different scenarios. I was just thinking something along the lines of...hey...got a date for homecoming yet? No...man thats too bad. People keep telling to ask you...how random. I probably would too but I gotta get some stuff figured out first (i.e. I'm taking somebody else to another school's homecoming just as a friend or whatever). Let me get back to you on that.

Or I dunno...whatever. Think its too obvious putting it out there that i know shes been telling her friends to ask me. Confidence booster or mystery killer? Beats me...who cares...lets just hear some suggestions :D

Thanks in advance

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. she is dying to go to homecoming with you... therefore has rejected anyone else who asked her

2. she is desperate to go to homecoming, and no one has asked her yet, therefore you are being used as an ego booster for her.

CHOOSE.

then act accordingly.

1.ask her out, sweep her off her feet

2.ask out the next hottest chick... and next that biatch.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you need to move fast. Move like your ass IS on fire. But don't act like your ass IS on fire.

See, most people have dates for HC up to 1 MONTH IN ADVANCE!!! OMG! But this nonconformist (assuming she's not ugly...cuz that would also explain it...) is still dateless 2 weeks before HC!??!

hmm....subtlety my friend. Women are subtle as hell, esp. the hot ones since they need to do a lot of rejections and since a few are from AFC male tampons, and they still wanna leech of...I mean, they still wanna keep a good friend, uh, they do it subtlely. "LBJF" = "HELL NO I AIN'T SLEEPIN' WITH YOU C0CKBITE!"

Anyways, I know yuo've read stuff about acting "Desperate", "disinterested" and even "cool." Now I want you to forget all that **** for the next 48 hours, ask her out, and get this chick off your mind cuz you will either:

A) Be rejected. :(
B) Be ....not rejected. :)

But don't let this "patience" sh1t get in your way man. I will laugh at you, kick you in the nuts, and laugh at you some more if some guy steals your date. However, if you get rejected, I will pat you on the back, congratulate you on having balls, and tell you to move on to greener pastures with sexier cows with bigger udders.

Bad analogy, but you need to go ask now. Hesitating when all lights are GO isn't "smooth", "suave", or "mysterious." That's just stupid.

good luck buddy.

Last edited:

Enigma2517

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear ya...feel the same way pretty much. Its just weird how I told all her friends that I wasn't interested and then turn around the next day and ask her out. I just know if I were her I'd probably see this sudden change of heart as...ohhh he knows I like him now and he's going to take the oppertunity to jump on me.

Or maybe its something else....I don't know...I just have this feeling that by submitting to these signs I'm letting her lead me around again...and theres no way I'm going back to that. Then again, that could just be my ego talking and I should forget about it and just ask her...whats the worst that could happen eh ;)

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Dude, you need to move fast. Move like your ass if on fire. But don't act like your ass if on fire.

But don't let this "patience" sh1t get in your way man. I will laugh at you, kick you in the nuts, and laugh at you some more if some guy steals your date. However, if you get rejected, I will pat you on the back, congratulate you on having balls, and tell you to move on to greener pastures with sexier cows with bigger udders.

Awesome words of wisdom there. Especially the latter part. I find that I always felt better later when I go for it, even if I get rejected, because then you got your boys to prop you up for being a man when they were to scared to do what you did.

In your situation, dammit you gotta ask her. You've played the game for long enough, and at this point it's really not about giving in, it's about reaping the freaking benefits!

Here's what you do. You take her aside form her friends (don't worry, they WILL be giggling, but don't worry), start chit-chatting a bit, and in a confident, cool tone, end the damn suspense already.

Remember that asking her out is NOT to give her the power again. You can still show her through your actions that you won't let her push you around. Good luck and let us know what happens.