Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Holy Metrosexual

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went for some dinner after work on the weekend at the next town to the one I live in, the restaurant is new, I guess you could call it a "trendy" place. I've been there once before at lunch time during the weekday mostly didn't notice anything too alarming, a lot of women, office type workers. Saturday early evening the second time walk in and sit down start to look around. I felt really out of place 90% of the guys in there were metrosexuals/hipsters some with their girlfriends/wives.

Its truly apparent many of todays men are "feminized" the way they dress the way they present themselves, I was getting looks from the guys because I sure in the hell don't look like them, thinking to myself you guys are closet gays. The women that were giving me the looks I gave it right back, sorry b*tch I'm not a guy you can manipulate like your boyfriend. I quickly ate my dinner and got out of there is was quite apparent I was cramping the style.

Todays society is taking the wrong turn the male is loosing its testosterone, when I was growing up in the late 80s early 90s it wasn't like today. Women prefer their men girly.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of married men are gay..... I've had gay acquaintances tell me most married men are on the downlow, not surprised all

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don’t prefer their men girly. They just settle for the girly ones. Like some guys who settle for fat chicks. It’s a buffer. They know Chad and his muscles won’t give them any attention, so they settle for the secure soy boy who won’t cheat on them.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
But that's how hollywood, fashion industry promotes them and the male fashion models. Slim guys, heavily air brushed faces in slim suits. I posted a thread about this before. Like you go in the mall and the suit stores like Men's Warehouse etc, their male models are slim, mid 20s, heavily air brushed and wearing tight suits.

The younger NHL players since I watch hockey a lot wear these slim suits and dress metrosexual as well.

Then why do people on here tell me to dress more manly for my age and not like I'm in college, especially when I go on dates with these older women? They say women that age think I'm a joke dressing like a kid.

BondJamesBond424

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honest question : How exactly does a "metrosexual" dress?

I've heard the term before but never got a clear understanding of what one is or how to spot one.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been flamboyant or effeminate straight men since time immemorial. This is not a new phenomenon. And yes they can attract women. It's an archetype in the Art of Seduction. The Dandy I believe. Not a look or persona that's my cup of tea, and it generally only works up to a certain age. I'm just telling you this to allay your fears of the downfall of society. It's nothing new. Sure, you can tell yourself "I'm manlier" but that's solipsism, chicks will go after what they like.

OP mentioned the 80s, which is funny, that was one of the most androgynous decades ever.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are Chads in disguise my friend

You even see it with emo fagg0ts. The best jawlined and tallest emo gets all the girls

Fashion sense is irrelevant in attraction

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went for some dinner after work on the weekend at the next town to the one I live in, the restaurant is new, I guess you could call it a "trendy" place. I've been there once before at lunch time during the weekday mostly didn't notice anything too alarming, a lot of women, office type workers. Saturday early evening the second time walk in and sit down start to look around. I felt really out of place 90% of the guys in there were metrosexuals/hipsters some with their girlfriends/wives.

Its truly apparent many of todays men are "feminized" the way they dress the way they present themselves, I was getting looks from the guys because I sure in the hell don't look like them, thinking to myself you guys are closet gays. The women that were giving me the looks I gave it right back, sorry b*tch I'm not a guy you can manipulate like your boyfriend. I quickly ate my dinner and got out of there is was quite apparent I was cramping the style.

Todays society is taking the wrong turn the male is loosing its testosterone, when I was growing up in the late 80s early 90s it wasn't like today. Women prefer their men girly.
Not sure why but your post sounds really butthurt.
So men are feminized, that's actually in your favour. Less real competition.

But there is indeed a problem with this: women might begin to get used to these "men". Their perception could change despite the fact that inherently they want to be dominated. And they need a real man.

And after all, even while looking at the "bright side", I have to agree somehow. I am dissapointed with a lot of our fellow "men" these days.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure why but your post sounds really butthurt.
So men are feminized, that's actually in your favour. Less real competition.

But there is indeed a problem with this: women might begin to get used to these "men". Their perception could change despite the fact that inherently they want to be dominated. And they need a real man.

And after all, even while looking at the "bright side", I have to agree somehow. I am dissapointed with a lot of our fellow "men" these days.
Other cultures have shown if the laws and social norms change that the people will change. Why is ours immune to it?

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score
In The Netherlands, we're I live is the same happening. Especially in supermarkets it's totally funny to see this. The woman is the leader and the metrosexual is following her and confirming all things she says (Vegan, Bio, Eco, Low-Carb, Diet, Tea with horrible sweet taste, Coffee not made from coffeebeans.....etc.). It's like the boss and the slave on their way in the supermarket. I think women who fell for this kind of metrosexual men are or 1) totally insecure and are together with this man because they can control him totally or 2) they do what society "prescribes": the sweet nice man, who is caring at maximum level, like they see in female movies.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In The Netherlands, we're I live is the same happening. Especially in supermarkets it's totally funny to see this. The woman is the leader and the metrosexual is following her and confirming all things she says (Vegan, Bio, Eco, Low-Carb, Diet, Tea with horrible sweet taste, Coffee not made from coffeebeans.....etc.). It's like the boss and the slave on their way in the supermarket. I think women who fell for this kind of metrosexual men are or 1) totally insecure and are together with this man because they can control him totally or 2) they do what society "prescribes": the sweet nice man, who is caring at maximum level, like they see in female movies.
And whom is she giving her vagina to?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Guess it's a Dutch thing. I go food shopping and I usually see ladies, not many dudes with them. Men do seem to cook more around here than the ladies. Perhaps it's reverse The Netherlands? I do not see anything wrong with the lady or the dude shopping for food or leading in what to get. It rare that both cook, so maybe she cooks he just eats? Nothing wrong with low-carb dude. I never heard of coffee not made from coffee beans, so IDK on that one. But low carb high protein and/ or vegan are a plus. I wish more ladies around here would follow that. Then we'd not have such a overweight problem in the US.

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score
And whom is she giving her vagina to?
This type of woman is not-sexual anymore after she "got the guy" (when relationship started), while dating she will give her v*gina, I had a girl who always had metrosexual men before me, I broke up with her because of almost no sex and also less other fun.

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess it's a Dutch thing. I go food shopping and I usually see ladies, not many dudes with them. Men do seem to cook more around here than the ladies. Perhaps it's reverse The Netherlands? I do not see anything wrong with the lady or the dude shopping for food or leading in what to get. It rare that both cook, so maybe she cooks he just eats? Nothing wrong with low-carb dude. I never heard of coffee not made from coffee beans, so IDK on that one. But low carb high protein and/ or vegan are a plus. I wish more ladies around here would follow that. Then we'd not have such a overweight problem in the US.
What you see in the supermarket is that the woman bosses the guy, he's like a puppy dog, total metrosexual.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
What you see in the supermarket is that the woman bosses the guy, he's like a puppy dog, total metrosexual.
Depends. I cook and have been cooking for years, so I cannot say I experience this. However, if the female is the cook, then it would make sense for her to pick out the ingredients for the food that they eat. That would be a logical conclusion to derive from said situation.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This type of woman is not-sexual anymore after she "got the guy" (when relationship started), while dating she will give her v*gina, I had a girl who always had metrosexual men before me, I broke up with her because of almost no sex and also less other fun.
Lack of sex leads to lack of bonding. Low fun. And increased tension. Therepist often offer a "30 day challenge", where the couple is asked to have sex whether they want to or not. The reason is because sex naturally fosters connection and bonding. And deepening feelings. It's natural. In modern times women have been taught to use sex as leverage or control. Contrast to the old days where women were encouraged to "make love" to their men.

Prettyboy Dee

Banned
Reaction score
Girly or not, aesthetics wins, you can be a pretty boy like me or a more masculine rugged attractive, either way, if you got the looks or the swag you will slay.......

You should ask those "girly" guys for some advice
Lol

Your also making HUGE assumptions based on visual things instead of actually knowing what's going on......your on the outside looking in.

And yes, some girls have a preference for those type of guys