"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Hole!

damage_plan

New Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
41
I'm kinda in a hole right now in one of my classes. There's only about 7 people in there and I'm always nervous and quiet. I've read the DJ bible but no matter what I cant seem to stay calm and relaxed. And the others in the class already know each other from band and they're mostly juniors and seniors so they dont really say anything to me. I'm trying to get out of my hole and become more social. Any ideas on what I should do?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Band F A G S

Im prolly gunna get flamed cuz of all the nerds on the forum, but hey

band fags arent worth your time
 

damage_plan

New Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
41
I hear what your saying but I dont wanna be so quiet anymore. There's this one girl in there who I occasionally talk to and one time we were kinda joking with each other and I called her a Band geek. She didn't really mind that much. But yeah they are band geeks
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
simple.

breathe.....

SING!!!! haha that should be a funny icebreaker.:D
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Go to class drunk


OR


Just start slowly. Try to do something that makes you uncomfortable at least once a day. Eventually you'll become used to socializing and won't feel shy.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Yeah man, alejandro is right, just breathe.........(not in a deepy stalker kinda way) just take some deep breaths. If you feel out of your depth, just think "i have as much right to be here as anyone else".Simple.
 
Top