Hobbies to do alone

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since my last bad experience with that crazy woman I've met, I started to rethink my life habits and people I get involved with (friends, dating, etc).

On weekends its where I spent most time alone, I used to go to pubs, parties but it doesnt make sense to me anymore. I lose quality of sleep and it impacts my health in general, I never found any decent women on those environments, Im not drinking alcohol so I don't find any joy on those places... I see only people drunk and guys desperately trying to impress women. Its easy to me to go those places and find women and have sex, but I literally lost interest on those type of women... Its the same behaviors, dramas and the risk of experience another situation with a crazy woman like before.

Also, most of my friends are married or dating. The one that is still single he is not the kind of friend to invite to some other activities... He literally lives to go to parties and chase pssy.

I already have some hobbies I like to do as playing videogames, working out (calisthenics, walking in the sun), I'm doing some acting classes one time a week.

But I think I still need to find something that is pleasurable and can occupy my mind when I'm alone at home on weekends. Cause playing games the whole weekend is boring sometimes.

So any tips on that I would appreciate.

I would like to meet different people as well, but as I live on a small town it's a bit hard. I meet new people on acting class, but I would like to find more healthy people on my social circle.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Motorcycling.
Battōjutsu and other solo exercises from martial arts.
Reading.
Tinkering with vintage typewriters.
Writing fiction.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you bro, since being single and not really dating or drinking alone any more, I found weekends a lonely place. My friends are also tied up with kids or partners.

My weekends: Trading crypto, working out, long walk listening to a podcast, meal prep for week, invite a girl/fwb over (usually a Friday sometimes a Saturday), do laundry, clean/dust/vaccuum everywhere. Clean bathroom. Clean kitchen. Trim beard/pubes/armpits. Either work or set myself up for Monday (I do this on Sunday). Friday go with my friend and play with his kids/my godchildren in the park. Saturday morning take my godson to football training. The season has finished but Saturday afternoon usually watch football. Make phone calls to family (big extended family I do 1-2 each week). Go for a drive. Browse cars, houses, clothes online. Watch videos on YouTube.

I don’t watch tv or play video games. It’s not exciting, but I had to think of ways to fill the void my ex left while also keeping on top of life admin. I have a routine that works for me. I don’t really go out drinking and doing drugs any more, no gf to spend the weekend with, no dates to get excited for (just fwbs, no meaningful connection just sex and some company). It can be a lonely place just keep your mental health in check. Try to use the weekends well, I hope I gave you some decent ideas. I don’t think I have any actual hobbies.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you bro, since being single and not really dating or drinking alone any more, I found weekends a lonely place. My friends are also tied up with kids or partners.

My weekends: Trading crypto, working out, long walk listening to a podcast, meal prep for week, invite a girl/fwb over (usually a Friday sometimes a Saturday), do laundry, clean/dust/vaccuum everywhere. Clean bathroom. Clean kitchen. Trim beard/pubes/armpits. Either work or set myself up for Monday (I do this on Sunday). Friday go with my friend and play with his kids/my godchildren in the park. Saturday morning take my godson to football training. The season has finished but Saturday afternoon usually watch football. Make phone calls to family (big extended family I do 1-2 each week). Go for a drive. Browse cars, houses, clothes online. Watch videos on YouTube.

I don’t watch tv or play video games. It’s not exciting, but I had to think of ways to fill the void my ex left while also keeping on top of life admin. I have a routine that works for me. I don’t really go out drinking and doing drugs any more, no gf to spend the weekend with, no dates to get excited for (just fwbs, no meaningful connection just sex and some company). It can be a lonely place just keep your mental health in check. Try to use the weekends well, I hope I gave you some decent ideas. I don’t think I have any actual hobbies.
Thanks for your reply man!

Having a routine helps a lot like you mentioned.

Definitely it can be lonely. I also went from a abusive parents situation, so I don't have any contact with them. Still have contact with some part of family. Also I spend a time with my son 2 times a month and its quite good, we have a great moment together.

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take up a musical instrument. As an actor you already have an artistic mind.
If you're from Brazil you have a wealth of musical artistry and innovation through history to draw from. Plus it doesn't hurt your chances with women.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Collecting watches. Tinkering if you're mechanically inclined. Martial Arts. Watch movies that you like that not everyone else would appreciate. In my case I'm married but my wife doesn't like martial arts movies. I watch those alone when I get the chance. Usually it's movies we both like since most of the time we watch movies together.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like Murk, I’m not a drinker. Quit blazin ganja last year. It was just making me more bleak and depressed.
Now in my early 30s, I experienced all the loneliness there was and simply there was no more left. I think loneliness is a mindset that is embraceable but too much of it can be detrimental. At that point you are just reaping repercussions.
Living solo can get lonely. If you don't have friends or a girlfriend being alone for long periods will test your psyche like a mf’er.
Condition your mind for discipline is the m.o.

I personally believe forming a strong, foundational relationship with yourself is vital to enduring the highs and lows in life.

The only hobby that strikes a positive ripple effect for my mental is long distance walking/running for about 5+ miles.
I walk in a forest like trail park. The grasses and sage swaying in the breeze is hypnotic.
Walking outside to gasp fresh air is the essence of life besides getting pvssy. Walking desensitizes me from my darker impulses. Disconnect to reconnect.

"All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lifting weights/calisthenics is that 10% that tightens it all together.

Phone calls every 2 weeks with my inner circle to ask how they are. Speak on the phone daily with my mother. Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet.

I just got a $400 hepa bagged canister vacuum (got it for $80 second hand) and I been cleaning my place more than usual. Also cooking whole foods is top priority.

PE work to make the unit bigger 30 minutes a day. yoga stretch routine for pelvic floor health (better EQ)

I purchased a high end 77” Sony oled 4k hdtv with a Sonos sound system and hardly turn it on. Never played video games as an adult. I will maybe watch an episode of a series once a week buts that’s it. Only have the screen for when I have female company.

just avoid things that annihilates memory and cognitive function/mental acuity and you will have enough ammo for social proof to hopefully gather a social circle.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always wanted to try painting, but I never seem to get around to it.

Free_Agent

Don Juan
Reaction score
My hobbies? I have guns and fast cars but in the end I prefer to work on my businesses and build / fix stuff. Bought a house, gutted it and now I'm getting ready to start rebuilding it. Built an awesome food truck which I have someone to run. Traveling has it's moments but I've traveled so much it started to become unfulfilling

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The shooting range is a great place to be.
Gun clubs are a surefire way to expand your social circle.

If you are not into firearms or you have local laws that prohibit them, archery might be an option.
Hi Sparta,
I now have to be very careful about Rifles...the Pubic Serpants and their new rules,took all my Guns away a couple of years ago,well almost all LOL and I have also taken up archery,I get a lot of satisfaction making the Arrows,I recently found a road killed Wedgetail Eagle,whose tail feathers make great flights.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Golf. To me this is the best of both worlds. I play in a corporate league once a week with a good friend from work, and a variety of others in my company. But I also spend quite a bit of time practicing on my own at the driving range or putting green, which can occupy my mind for hours at a time.

Volunteer work. I was invited to join the board of directors at a non-profit, and while of course the meetings are a group event, I spend plenty of time on my own reviewing the financials each month since I'm designated as the treasurer/financial expert on the board.

Reading, personally I would replace some of the time spent on video games with reading. Of course I'm biased since I probably haven't seriously played a video game since I was 15. I'd imagine the satisfaction/fulfillment of finishing a book is a bit better than beating a mission/video game.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Sparta,
I now have to be very careful about Rifles...the Pubic Serpants and their new rules,took all my Guns away a couple of years ago,well almost all LOL and I have also taken up archery,I get a lot of satisfaction making the Arrows,I recently found a road killed Wedgetail Eagle,whose tail feathers make great flights.
Good morning (by now i guess) Scara!

We still have our guns here and i enjoy them a lot. I have some Glocks, AR15s and an AR10. I take tactical shooting classes frequently with actual operators from US Marine Raiders, SAS and other special forces. Its allmost as much freedom as in the USA but not quite.

Its a shame what western politicians do to our countries. They take away our freedom one slice at a time and the sheeple just dont bother.

I have been shooting a recurve bow a few times 20 years ago and with my son i recently revived that hobby. I bought a little recurve bow for his birthday and one for me. We shoot in front of my house until we are solid upt to 20 meters. Once we are good enough, there are a lot of 3D shooting parks here in the woods with foam-animals, that will be a great adventure for the boy.

I once thought about reloading my own ammo but decided against another hobby. I guess making arrows falls in the same cathegory?

Good to read from you, have a nice day.

Greetings from Austria

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Sparta,
That really cool. I plan to take up archery this June. What is the learning curve?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pandora,
It's actually not bad exercise,lots of walking and to draw the Bow takes quite a bit of strength,just make sure and use a wrist protector,Getting into the knack of drawing the Bow String rather than the arrow takes a while....I use an English Long Bow,the natty compound Bows are far more efficient,but just don't seem right...Will you be Hunting with it?

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pandora,
It's actually not bad exercise,lots of walking and to draw the Bow takes quite a bit of strength,just make sure and use a wrist protector,Getting into the knack of drawing the Bow String rather than the arrow takes a while....I use an English Long Bow,the natty compound Bows are far more efficient,but just don't seem right...Will you be Hunting with it?
Yes I agree that that compound bows are to advanced. I want to feel like an tribal warrior or at least Robin Hood. I don't think I will be hunting with it.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good morning (by now i guess) Scara!

We still have our guns here and i enjoy them a lot. I have some Glocks, AR15s and an AR10. I take tactical shooting classes frequently with actual operators from US Marine Raiders, SAS and other special forces. Its allmost as much freedom as in the USA but not quite.

Its a shame what western politicians do to our countries. They take away our freedom one slice at a time and the sheeple just dont bother.

I have been shooting a recurve bow a few times 20 years ago and with my son i recently revived that hobby. I bought a little recurve bow for his birthday and one for me. We shoot in front of my house until we are solid upt to 20 meters. Once we are good enough, there are a lot of 3D shooting parks here in the woods with foam-animals, that will be a great adventure for the boy.

I once thought about reloading my own ammo but decided against another hobby. I guess making arrows falls in the same cathegory?

Good to read from you, have a nice day.

Greetings from Austria
Hi Sparta,
Yes it's morning down here and Bluddy cold too...I enjoy your Posts,My sons also enjoyed Archery with me...great bonding experience...I have a compound Bow too,if your Lad has problems stringing his bow,make a simple gadget to assist him,you'll find it on the Internet,just a short length of timber 35mmX20mm couple of feet long,and a few bent nails,it really helps,
We have lots of Rabbits here,and I tried the Bow on them,very difficult to hit,on the miraculous occasions when I did connect,they just carried the arrow down their burrow,seemed a bit cruel so I gave that away LOL.
Yeah,your Rifles are the Cats Whisker!...I have used an Anshluss .22 rimfire,looks and feels so nice...Back in the day,went on a Kangaroo drive with a Guy who had a Mannlicher centerfire,such a beautifully balanced work of art,very interesting rotary magazine,only ever saw the one....I used to reload Shotgun Cartridges,even cast my own lead Balls,using a Ball Bearing as a model,after accidentally double loading the Powder on one,I gave that away too,lucky I was using a sturdy English,Greener,else I might have blown my head off LOL,
Good Luck Scarra.