Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hmmm... got the cell#

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was suddenly dismissed from a job about a year ago. Liked a gal who was married at the time. Was told recently that she was suddenly let go, too and that her hubby had departed a while back.
I think she's a great catch, someone I'd like to take a shot at an LTR with.
I got her email address and sent her a quick note suggesting we exchange #s.
She took two weeks to write back, apologizing for not checking her email sooner. She gave me her cell#, which I've heard isn't the best necessarily, but hey - she wrote back.
Anyone have a read on this situation?
Should I wait some time before calling? Is it bad that I got a cell#?
I should also add that I think she is moving, so that may be one reason for the cell#.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have a read on this situation?

2 weeks to return an email? AFTER she gave you her email address? If you only waited a couple days to email her after you got her addy, then, yes, that isn't a good sign.

Should I wait some time before calling?

Yes, give it a couple of days.

Is it bad that I got a cell#?

No. Most girls I know don't give out there home phone numbers to guys until they're 100% he isn't psycho.
However, if the girl had a super-high interest level, then she would have sent you an email the same day you sent her one, she would have given you her home, work, and cell phone numbers.

Cheers!

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chewy it sounds like he has not had any contact with her in over a year since he left his job. I dont think he got her email address from her right before he emailed her. It sounds like it was one of those "out of the blue" emails.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it was an out of the blue situation. I had hardly thought about her until a female friend told me about her getting let go and divorced.
I asked this friend of mine for contact info, but she took too long, so I asked someone else for the info and got only an email address.
What I forgot to mention was that I got a one-day turnaround on the first email which was just a "quick hello" type email.
It was the second one suggesting we exchange numbers that got the two-week turnaround.
Anyhow, thanks for the input. I will wait at least a few days, and in any event keep the convo short and sweet.
Thanks so far...