Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hmm....What to do

Reaction score
I have a great thing that is quickly becoming a problem......

First a little background:
I have been in an LTR with a HB9 for about a year and a half now. She is awesome, period. However she is only 19. I am 24 and am going to the other side of the earth to pursue my PhD. Hawaii is far far away from the East Coast.

The problem:
What should be done about the situation. I really do love the girl, and she loves me. It's the best when you can have sex with your best friend. She is in college, and doesn't want to leave the area, even though she's at a two year school and will be transferring after this year anyway. I am lost on what to do. Either I go or I stay, but in either case I will end up losing something I love. I have proposed possible solutions (like her transferring or finishing up school than coming out to Hawaii). She seems to want me to change my plans, but to work with neurosensory biology in elasmobranch fishes that's where I have to be. I guess I don't know what to do. I have no fear of not crushing it if it ends. I just don't want to lose the jewel I have found.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask her to come along. Usually I'd go with the ol' DJ mantra of "other fish in the sea" and "you have oneitis" but I'm burned out on that (thus the lack of posts of late).

If this person is a keeper -- and there aren't many out there -- see if she can join you in Hawaii. Check on out-of-state waiver plans for her or other financial assistance. See if the UH offers her major and so forth.

If she can't come along, stay in touch, e-mail, write letters, and so forth and see if you can keep the fire burning. You might date others now and then being so far away, but in the end you might end up with her.

Hawaii, I've heard, is perhaps the best place on Earth for beautiful women! :D

All is not lost, but I'd definitely put out the offer for her to come along. If she says no, go to Hawaii anyway and focus on that Ph.d., and all-important career.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with WestCoaster to follow your career. If she truely loves you, she'll find a way to follow you. There's nothing more fiercely determined and resourceful than a woman who's going after her man.

EpsilonArmati

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, here's a question:

If the situation was reversed, and it was his girlfriend who's going far away, what would be the recommendation then?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the situation if the roles were reversed.

A MAN needs a good career (and I'm not being old fashioned here) to be not only a bread winner, but also to meet his goals and satisfy the need to be a professional. Most men I know have this desire and not the desire to be a house husband.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever happens YOU MUST GO.

if she wants to be your woman she will follow you.

i can't understand these american b*tches.

in my country a b*tch follows the man wherever he goes.

especially the younger ones.

i cannot name a b*tch that i know who wouldn't kill to go soak up some rays in Hawaii with a dude who has his eye on the ball

YOU ARE THE PRIZE

Lost In Translation

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right Lost In T.

Only in America would a broad pass up a chance at Hawaii to follow a guy who is getting a freaking Ph.d. in a difficult field, and who appears to be on the fast-track to success.

Instead she's going to stay on the Least Coast at some crappy college and plod her way to class through the snow, wind, rain, and humidity.

A clear example of how the American women mind-set is skewered.

This woman -- all 19 years old of her -- should be lucky our Ph.d. candidate ever glanced in her direction.

You're right, he's the catch.

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At 24, it is right for you to put your career and future first. I know this girl might love you and all of that but she's only 19 and trust me (I'm 31), a 19 year old girl doesn't have a clue about what she wants. If she really loves you and its fate for you two to be together and all of that Daytime Soap Opera type of sh*t, then she will find a way to be with you or then again the distance thing might f*ck up the program. The best thing for you to do is not to be surprised if things change because I can tell you that they almost certainly will and you should keep your eyes open for other opportunities when you get to Hawaii (I'm sure she probably will too).

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for the checkmate

I think you should do what a woman would typically do to a guy in this situation and LJBF her....If you have the balz to LJBF her then:

1. You will tame her

2. You get the satisfaction of nexting her

3. LJBFn her could be the thing that could force the issue and make her show her true hand...

Looking back, I was in a similar situation 2yrs two this date...I told my then Cu*nt gf at the time that I was comitted to my career and that I was going to call the shots with regards to locations...we split up one week later....the only miscalculation i made was that our relationship would deteriorate so quickly...but heres reality:

If you want to feel the flames of hot women then at times you are going to have to be a courageous risktaker and accept the statistical odds that when you play with fire you get burnt on occasion but it is worth it when you finally get what you want...

So in conclusion I suggest you say what the f*u*ck and LJBF this girl.........You have nothing to lose and everything to gain