"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Hmm........getting even and not letting them know about it?

BornWinner

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
I was just wondering here, I read some tips over the internet and I come across articles which talked about getting even against those who have done you wrong.

I understand that, but the question now is whether we should let our enemies know that we are the ones who are exacting revenge towards them.

If you let them know, they will make sure you pay for the price for what you have caused them.

But if you do something discreetly behind them, they might probably think that you're unable to get even with them since you didn't let them know it's you who did it and might probably think you are useless. Hmm.....

So the question now is, to let them know or not let them know??
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bsmooth

New Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Midwest
RE:

ignoring your enemy is much more effective than letting them know you are getting revenge on them.

" I know longer mind because you no longer matter..."
 

Alonso

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Plenty of people here will tell you that revenge is a futile quest (and I don't disagree with them).

But if you're hell-bent on it -- there is something to be said, from mythology and otherwise, for the concept of Nemesis. I.e., there can still be some satisfaction in having your foe suffer even when he doesn't know why he's suffering. The hope would be that the suffering would make him reflect on his ways and (even if he didn't know it was you, as opposed to the random fates, that was persecuting him), he would come to regret his bad behavior (including toward you) that screwed up his karma and led to his present suffering.

I predict though that no matter how you play it your revenge isn't going to be near as satisfying as you'd hope (and might even get you in trouble). What, specifically, are you planning to do?
 

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Revenge

The best revenge is to live well.

If you can't manage that you won't be able to manage any other form of revenge either....
 

BornWinner

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
It looks like some of you didn't understand my question

My question is very simple and you dont have to answer anything else

The question is this : To let them know you're getting even on them or don't let them know.? That's all!

I was just wondering why some of you divert the topic and discuss whether getting even should be done or not. Hmm.......
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Re: It looks like some of you didn't understand my question

Originally posted by BornWinner
My question is very simple and you dont have to answer anything else

The question is this : To let them know you're getting even on them or don't let them know.? That's all!

I was just wondering why some of you divert the topic and discuss whether getting even should be done or not. Hmm.......
We're diverting the topic because it's stupid and childish, and stupid and childish things have no place on DJ Discussion.

If you must exact revenge on someone, assuming it's for something significant and not just "This guy STOLE my girlfriend (you weren't man enough to keep her)" or "This b!tch led me on (again, you just weren't man enough)", then YES, you let him know you're doing it. And you do it to his FACE. Otherwise, you're a pu$$y in addition to a moron.

Women exact revenge behind people's back.
 

BornWinner

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Some people just don't know what is self respect

Originally posted by squirrels
We're diverting the topic because it's stupid and childish, and stupid and childish things have no place on DJ Discussion.

If you must exact revenge on someone, assuming it's for something significant and not just "This guy STOLE my girlfriend (you weren't man enough to keep her)" or "This b!tch led me on (again, you just weren't man enough)", then YES, you let him know you're doing it. And you do it to his FACE. Otherwise, you're a pu$$y in addition to a moron.

Women exact revenge behind people's back.
Anyone who has integrity and is man enough knows, that getting even is the best way to solve thing. On top of that, swallowing what others have done wrong to you is stupid and childish, stupid and childish and have no place on DJ discussion. :rolleyes:

Only a person who is a moron believed that getting even is *****. And by the way, women learn it from men to exact revenge behind people's back :D Perhaps some of you here need to learn more about life before trying to give advice or criticize others.
 

Alonso

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Alonso
Plenty of people here will tell you that revenge is a futile quest (and I don't disagree with them).

But if you're hell-bent on it -- there is something to be said, from mythology and otherwise, for the concept of Nemesis. I.e., there can still be some satisfaction in having your foe suffer even when he doesn't know why he's suffering. The hope would be that the suffering would make him reflect on his ways and (even if he didn't know it was you, as opposed to the random fates, that was persecuting him), he would come to regret his bad behavior (including toward you) that screwed up his karma and led to his present suffering.

I predict though that no matter how you play it your revenge isn't going to be near as satisfying as you'd hope (and might even get you in trouble). What, specifically, are you planning to do?
Bud, I at least answered your question (in tandem with disapproving of your overall approach). My answer was that any revenge (if you take the risk of seeking it) should be impersonal. No one else has told you different (admittedly, because they've been belittling your revenge quest as childish -- I predicted that).

If you're bent on revenge, go the Greek way (um, just as to revenge, not as to other Greek practices), become an anonymous Nemesis, see what happens, and report back. You still haven't let us know who you're wreaking vengeance on, or how, or we could give you better advice.

At a minimum, don't commit any obvious violations of law.

That what you're looking for?
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Re: Some people just don't know what is self respect

Originally posted by BornWinner
Anyone who has integrity and is man enough knows, that getting even is the best way to solve thing. On top of that, swallowing what others have done wrong to you is stupid and childish, stupid and childish and have no place on DJ discussion. :rolleyes:

Only a person who is a moron believed that getting even is *****. And by the way, women learn it from men to exact revenge behind people's back :D Perhaps some of you here need to learn more about life before trying to give advice or criticize others.
There are very few things that justify personal vengeance. Why don't you tell us what wrong was done to you that's so severe as to mandate personal vengeance. This isn't a criticism, yet. I just really want to know what it is that you want to exact vengeance for.

And why you have to act behind their back, rather than let them KNOW that you're even. That's the whole point behind revenge, isn't it? To let the other person KNOW that you're even?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Sqiuirrels he is referring to his latest thread on "my girfriends bros are going to beat me up if i leave my g/f"
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Sqiuirrels he is referring to his latest thread on "my girfriends bros are going to beat me up if i leave my g/f"
File a restraining order, see if you can get a CCW permit. That'll change things real quick.

I can't find the thread. But either way, if you're going to "get even" with someone after the fact, then you want them to KNOW it's you. What good is getting even if they think it's just some random punk? There's no dignity in that.

Learn to defend yourself, one way or another. Best not to get even, but to drop them when they come for you. By all means necessary.

BTW, how old are you? And why are your girlfriend's brothers going to beat you up if you break up with her?
 

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
708
Reaction score
1
Location
UK
This guy is a total troll, I suggest you put him on ignore. I think he's yet another incarnation of IntermediateDonJuaner, posting on revenge to 'analyze' people's reactions. A very warped little world.

Revenge is pretty much the only thing he ever posts about, and it's always the same old same old.
 

BornWinner

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Who is IntermediateDonJuaner

Originally posted by bp1974
This guy is a total troll, I suggest you put him on ignore. I think he's yet another incarnation of IntermediateDonJuaner, posting on revenge to 'analyze' people's reactions. A very warped little world.

Revenge is pretty much the only thing he ever posts about, and it's always the same old same old.
IntermediateDonJuaner???? Who is that?? Is IntermediateDonJuaner a person who has the same beliefs as I do?? Man, I really need to talk to IntermediateDonJuaner if I have a chance
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Re: Who is IntermediateDonJuaner

Originally posted by BornWinner
IntermediateDonJuaner???? Who is that?? Is IntermediateDonJuaner a person who has the same beliefs as I do?? Man, I really need to talk to IntermediateDonJuaner if I have a chance
Could you possibly make it any more obvious that you're trying to play off that connection?

LOL
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Yo, focusing on the bad things that happened in past with spite is not healthy. I don't know if your relgious or not, but learn to forgive people, if only in your mind. Understand why they did, and if it was with malice in their heart, well they're not as happy and content a person as you are...

Take solice in being the better man, living a good life, no reason to keep bottled emotion raging inside of you to the point where you would want revenge.


I had two buddies in Highschool, they both drove $hitboxes. Well there was a snowball fight one snowy afternoon, and insults were thrown around, and one of my buddies kicked the other ones car and put a huge dent in it...Well the other guy went and put a dent in the other guys car. So they are both pissed, and getting madder and they're screaming at each other kicking the [rap out of each others car. (Actually a hysterical scene to tell you the truth) But the point is that they accomplished nothing and both their cars looked like even bigger $hitboxes at the end of it......
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top