Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HIIT Question

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of the last week of a very successful bulking cycle.

Next week, I start cutting. Now, I have Diesel's cutting guide and a couple of other things (like this From the bodybuilding.com forum) and I definately wanna do some HIIT.

The thing is, I'm not sure what the best time is to do this HIIT when I work out.

Not like a time of day thing, but should I do it before my workout or after my workout? or does it even matter?

Personally, I'm leaning towards after because this stuff is supposed to make you dead tired and I don't want my workout as a whole to suffer.

Thanks in advance,
--Mike

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lemieux66
I'm in the middle of the last week of a very successful bulking cycle.

Next week, I start cutting.
Perhaps you should wait a few weeks and then go into a cutting cycle..no?? It will give you time to lower your calories gradually in order to get it to a cutting level. It will not be as healthy for your metabolism if you just jump straight into a cutting cycle.

The thing is, I'm not sure what the best time is to do this HIIT when I work out. Not like a time of day thing, but should I do it before my workout or after my workout? or does it even matter?
Personally, I used to lift 3 days (Mon, Wed, Fri) a week and do HIIT 3 days (e.g. Mon, Tues, Thurs). If you decide to do HIIT the same day you do bodybuilding...then I found it better to do HIIT after muscle training.

Also, if you do it this way, you will need to note that your heartrate will be higher after muscle workout too...therefore when undertaking HIIT do not exceed 80% maximum heart rate. I say that because I found it quite easy to push myself further, if I wanted to, but I did not and kept my heart rate to around 160bpm (220-your age and 80% of that figure).

Good Luck,

Anakin

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: HIIT Question

Originally posted by anakin

therefore when undertaking HIIT do not exceed 80% maximum heart rate.
This is ABSOLUTELY WRONG !!!

If what you are saying is true, then it isn't HIIT training. YOU SHOULD BE ABOVE 80% OF MAX DURING YOUR INTERVAL BOUTS.

I say that because I found it quite easy to push myself further, if I wanted to,
pushing yourself further is kind of the whole point behind HIIT. That's how you make progress, not only in fat loss, but also in cardiovascular health.

D