Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey guys I need advice on stores for clothes shopping

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
I'm very excited that next month I can finally do some clothes shopping and change my entire wardrobe (been a fuvking year). I believe a man should have casual, work, and going out clothes. I'm good with casuals but I need help with work and going out clothes.

I need you to recommend (I'm going to a big city next month to buy all this) stores that are not too expensive, but not like GAP or anything either.

I need dress pants for work and going out
Nice jeans for going out
Peacoat
Dress shirts for work
Going out shirts for clubs
Dress shoes
Navy blue suit (for job interviews)
and nice sweaters and anything else you may think of that would look nice on an early thirties man. I'm not skinny or fat, so I can't fit into stuff like Guess (or any other store that caters to very skinny guys). I'm 5 11 196 lbs.

I buy casuals at like Buckle and Hollister and all that. Gym clothes at adidas. Need help in work and going out section. Any stores reasonably priced? I'm close to the Sacramento and Bay Area.

Hope I didn't put this in the wrong section thread.....

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweaters:
JC Penney has Sweaters on Clearance from as low as $9.99 each. Place quantity of 3 (or any combination totaling $25+) in cart and apply either code ITSOVER or CLEAROUT for $10 off $25 = $19.97 for 3 Sweaters. Select in-store pick up to save on shipping, otherwise shipping starts at $5.95

Jeans:
JC Penney has Arizona Jeans on Sale from as low as $13. Add quantity of 2 to cart and apply $10 off $25 code ITSOVER at checkout, making your total from as low as $16 for 2 pairs. Select in-store pick up to save on shipping, otherwise shipping starts at $5.95.

For going out clothing you need to be more specific. As a 19 year old I go out but its probably in different clothing than in what you go out in.

I don't know how long these deals last but they're pretty good.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
banana republic(shirts and pants), express (shirts and pants), aldo (shoes), Armani Exchange (casual), diesel (jeans casual and some dress), marshalls (though you have to dig like a dog to find good stuff.

some people may disagree but i believe the more expensive things do generally reflect their value to some extent.

Nemic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in IT, where I have to goto customer sites (hospitals) to do my job, which occasionaly includes training. I just had a shopping spree the past week and changed a large portion of my wardrobe to update my looks, with the help of a trusted friend & my very fashion saavy sister.. I try to find things that I can use for multiple situations, as I'm on a budget :p

Look up Mens fashion in google, theres tons of good articles on the little details. The stupid stuff I took for granted is important. There are even articles on what style/cut of jeans & what to wear based on your frame/height. Stuff I knew nothing about.

I feel like my 'Business Casual' Attire is okay. Nice properly fitted button up shirts that I can wear with a tie as needed. Slacks/Khakis I've had good luck from Kohls finding them on sale. I was informed this past week however, You don't wear Khakis when "going out", which I did for a long time.

American Eagle has some Great Jeans, and a huge variety to fit your style/body type. Got 2 pairs from there, and by far are my favs.

Macy's, I got a New Peacoat here on clearance, and that single item has DRASTICLY changed how people I interact with daily perceive me. I've always been a leather coat guy, and my new peacoat has just blown me away with the compliments I get now wearing it. Express has some good peacoats for men, if you can find them on sale.

Hollister/A&F, My recent experiences have found my favorite casual going out button down shirts are from here. The fabric is very high thread count, and looks very stylish and fits me well. They are overpriced normaly, but had everything on sale past week, so I feel like I got some very quality items that are fashionable at reasonable prices. Careful here though, as you can fall into the 'college' look instead of smart casual very quickly with all the t-shirts, logo jackets and sweaters, etc.

Buckle is another place to pick up some more snazzy dress items to stand out more. they have some pretty nice Belts there that you can get to have fun with your outfits, and lots of over the top shirts. Pricing can be ridiculous though.

Department stores, JCP, Macy's, Dillards, etc all have good shoes. I'd say try them on at a dept store, then check zappos.com to find better pricing. I found my excursion into Dept stores in general didn't have the fashion style of looking modern clothing with most of the stuff. Stick to business Casual attire from these places, but you can get some good sweaters to work with your dress shirts to give you that sophisticated/preppy look from dept stores.

Kohls - always something for work here, occasionally good stuff for casual
Hollister / Abercrombie & Fitch - Casual going out shirts
Macy's - Coat selection is usually very good, some good work clothing.
Dillards - Dress Clothing & Shoes
JCP - Like Kohls.
Express - Coats and Casual/Going out shirts.

Change it up and be amazed at the responses you get from people you know. I can only imaging how it will work with strangers ;)

Edit: I'm 6'3, 205lbs. I never thought I'd find items that fit me in Hollister, but I'll be damned if the Larges from there didn't fit me better then most shirts in my entire wardrobe. Just remember nothing baggy (so I've been told over and over)