Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey cripple, how's your arm going?

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 weeks ago, I broke my upper arm (humerus, a bit above the elbow) while arm wrestling.
I'm currently wearing a HSS brace like this, for at least 3 more weeks:

http://www.supportsusa.com/donjoy/Shoulder/humeral_stabilizing_system.htm

One of the girls I had met from online, we'd had 1 get together before it happened. She seemed to be pretty into me.

But, she was pretty unsympathetic about the injury after it happened, and about a week after, sent me a text saying she was going to date her friend. I wasn't too upset and deleted her number without responding.

Then out of the blue, I get this message last night:

Hey cripple, how's your arm going?

I obviously didn't have her number saved, but she was the only girl who I'd told about the injury before I deleted her number. It was either an ill-conceived attempt at humour or an attempt to be deliberately cruel.

Either way, I didn't care and didn't respond. As I only associate with positive people.

Another illustration of poorly bred women in today's society, and how (a lot of) women who spot any sign of weakness will ruthlessly kick you to the kerb.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just sounds like she's busting on you, just like they teach guys to bust on girls here. She may not be worth pursuing, due to the "dating her friend" business. But I wouldn't take offense to the remark about the arm.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Another illustration of poorly bred women in today's society, and how (a lot of) women who spot any sign of weakness will ruthlessly kick you to the kerb.
And then re-contact you for some banter when they have a slow night.

IT seems that underneath is the belief that you would be so thrilled to hear from them again that you will spring to attention.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Females who pour on the sarcasm and wisecracks are gross.

davewe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I love sarcasm and wisecracks. Anyone who uses the term "cripple" in any context is politically incorrect, meaning I'd check her out.

OP: In all likelihood it didn't work out with the "friend" so she's coming back to you. Your decision as to whether that's a good thing or not.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sarcasm and wisecracks are very unfeminine.

Chicks dig that though, so they project that onto us and think we like that from them too.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is bad news. I'd ignore that text, if you felt you had to respond, text her this...

"The arm is doing great, the fingers even better. Your replacement is enjoying them quite nicely."

I know it sucks to have a broken arm. But remember, men of action tend to break things. Be proud you are a man of action. Forget that gal, she's not worth your time.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
She is bad news. I'd ignore that text, if you felt you had to respond, text her this...

"The arm is doing great, the fingers even better. Your replacement is enjoying them quite nicely."

I know it sucks to have a broken arm. But remember, men of action tend to break things. Be proud you are a man of action. Forget that gal, she's not worth your time.
Yeah, maybe she was joking, maybe not...

If you do that sh!t by text, you've got to be careful.

Personally, I agree with your interpretation.

Never responded to the text since I saw no need to entertain her on a slow night, and I deleted the message as well.

Since I never responded to her original message and my profile has disappeared from the online dating site (hidden it while my arm is broken), she is probably wondering what the hell happened to me. Let her wonder...

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
It was either an ill-conceived attempt at humour or an attempt to be deliberately cruel.
OMG

In all honesty you sound like an uptight wuzzy. Some peoples sole purpose in life is to be offended by other people.

Dont be one of those. Lighten up.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Throw something ignorant right back at her..."It's kinda hard to jerk off. Are you offering your assistance?"

Go right for the kill/f**k. If she resists, just break contact and don't answer. That's what I'd do, anyway. :p

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logic1 said:
OMG

In all honesty you sound like an uptight wuzzy. Some peoples sole purpose in life is to be offended by other people.

Dont be one of those. Lighten up.

^^

Great advice.

Don't be so stiff.

Don't be easily offended by other people.

This will transform your life.

Where's Mr. Positive? Hasn't he kicked in yet?

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
^^

Great advice.

Don't be so stiff.

Don't be easily offended by other people.

This will transform your life.

Where's Mr. Positive? Hasn't he kicked in yet?
Mr.Positive said:

Meh, if it had been a girl who I'd been banging for a while or a friend (someone worthy of my time), would have been different.

But some girl who had blown me off earlier...?

I know what you are saying, but for me since I didn't give a fvck either way, my self-respect comes first.

And I demand the same from others. I didn't see any point in responding and providing her with entertainment, especially when I had voluntarily put off seeing 6 other girls while my arm heals.

PS - I'd try to be not so stiff, but my left arm has been bent in a 90 angle for 3 weeks now in a cast or brace, and at least 3 more to go. I can't help it!

:D

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
At least you can walk...try shattering a femur. :D

Going up and down stairs on crutches and having your parents bathe you with a hose...now THERE'S some fun.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Throw something ignorant right back at her..."It's kinda hard to jerk off. Are you offering your assistance?"
I kind of like that line, it's funny, and establishes a sexual frame.

I still think she was just joking.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Hey cripple, how's your arm going?[/B]
If this crack came from one of your male friends would you have posted here?
I doubt it because it would be simply good natured ribbing, and probably taken as such.
So why get pissy because some random woman says it?
I take the position that every 'dig', insult, provocation and smartazz remark from a woman is a golden opportunity for you to get the upper hand by exercising your awesome sense of humor.

She ,"Hey cripple, hows your arm going?"

You reply ," No worries .My substitute arm is hard at work right now. She has sharp nails however....wink . You wanna come by and join in ?"

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I still think she was just joking.
She was, but she's not in the position to make that joke. That is reserved for best mates or lovers.

We Aussies love our black humour. Recently we have a few natural disasters destroying some of our states and pretty much a few days later, the black jokes started to come in waves. Mates rib on each other all the time, it's the tradition. When I go out with mine, everyone is a target. I've had a broken arm before like runner83 and copped a lot of sh1t for that from my mates. If I were runner83's mate, I'd be saying something very similar to her.

However, she was some random chick from an online dating site that ditched him. She doesn't have that privilege. She's a social retard for not knowing this simple rule.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:

Go right for the kill/f**k. If she resists, just break contact and don't answer. That's what I'd do, anyway. :p
^ Thread winner :cool:

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
However, she was some random chick from an online dating site that ditched him. She doesn't have that privilege. She's a social retard for not knowing this simple rule.
Yeah, she was originally from Tasmania, I think that may have explained it.

squirrels said:

Yeah, might have tried something like this if I could have given a fvck...but as I didn't, the number is gone again.

Also agree, arm sucks especially since it's the one I write with, but beats a leg.

Meh. Case closed.