"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Help with this bet I lost.

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
I lost this bet that I could get a specific girl to hook up with me by spring break. I lost it because I hooked up with some other chick for a while and completely lost interest in the first one. Oh poo. This isn't a bet I mind losing. Here's what I have to do. My friend gets to pick a chick at total random and I have to hit on her, get a number, whatever. I told her that the girl has to be hot. Shes bi so she'll know a hot chick.

Heres my plan. Hot chicks always get hit on. My game isn't incredible, thats why I'm here. Here's how I'm hoping the conversation will start out.

Me: Hey
Her: Uh, hi.
Me: Look, heres the deal, you see that girl over there? (point subtly)
Her: Yeah...
Me: Yeah, I made a bet with her, I lost, now I've got to hit on somebody she chooses. That's you. So what I'm going to do, is "chat" for a while with you. Make small talk, blah blah blah. Okay?
Her: Sure...

Then I'll sort of work my magic. I've got a good sense of humor and I'm pretty smart. I've been told I'm attractive as well, so it shouldn't be too hard. This is how I propose to get her number.

When the conversation starts to slow up...

Me: Alright, well I'm going to head out, but heres the thing, I've got to get a number from you. So just write your number down, and I might call you sometime. I mean hey, you're a pretty cool chick.
Her: Alright, you're pretty cool too. (writes her number down)
Me: Haha, alright. Yeah, I'll see you around. (Smile then walk away)



Thats just a guess on how it should go. Any ideas or critique?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
sounds like a great plan to me. I think you have a good chance of succeding.
 

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
A theater near you
Well... its good as long as you're not actually planning on hooking up with the target. Telling her about the bet makes it sound like a cop-out and that either you're not really interested or that you don't have the balls to talk to her without an excuse. She'll probably humor you but the interest level won't rise that much.

If you're still going out with another girl and aren't really looking to hook up with this one, you're plan is perfect. Stick with it. In fact, you could tell the girl that she could give you a fake number for good measure.

If you're single and actually want this target, I'd vary the line a bit. Instead of the "Im talking to you because she made me" bit, make it an issue of pride. For example:

You: Hi
Her: Er... hi
You: Okay, here's the deal. (point subtly to your freind) You see that girl over there?
Her: That one?
You: Right. She made a bet with me that I couldn't talk to a girl as hot (pretty, attractive, whichever word you're most familiar with)as you.
Her: Gosh- I ..uh.. thanks!
You: Now, if we can just make small talk for a while, it would really help me out. If you're good I might return the favor. (Flash a smile)
Her: Okay, Sure!
You: Excellent. So, tell me story. Something that happened to you. (you can replace that with a question or opener of your choice.)


Thats just What I can think of off the top of my head. You may be able to work something better out of it.

Oh and one more thing, you can exit when things slow up and come out fine, but what would be even better would be to find a good excuse to cut the convo off when it's at its peak. You'll leave a much more favorable impression and she won't want you to go.
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
That actually seems like a pretty good idea. I'll have to think of a better topic than "tell me a story" lol but thanks for the conversation editing. It should help a bit.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Things will never go as you plan. this is specific planning and could probably be no further from the reality of things. I'm not trying to rain down on your post, Just letting you know that it is unlikely that it happens like that or close to that.

You've got a plan and a general approach, no need to go into details and specifics.

Lik
 

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
Me: Look, heres the deal, you see that girl over there? (point subtly)
Her: Yeah...
Me: Yeah, I made a bet with her, I lost, now I've got to hit on somebody she chooses. That's you. So what I'm going to do, is "chat" for a while with you.

I wouldnt go with that. If some chick came up to me and said that I would tell her to **** off, and i certainly wouldnt give her my number. Snatche's idea would probably work better unless its a very hot girl where you should watch the compliments.
 

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
669
Reaction score
2
Location
Australia
Dont do this:

"Yeah, I made a bet with her, I lost, now I've got to hit on somebody she chooses. That's you. So what I'm going to do, is "chat" for a while with you. "

Seriously man, think for a second how YOU would feel if you were in the girl's shoes - IF some guy just came up and tried to "use" you for a bet. You would want no part in it right?

SnatchJP's idea seems friendlier and less of the "i'm-using-you-for-a-bet" kind of vibe, but there are no guarantees on how it'll work out.

Good luck :)
 

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
Originally posted by SnatchJP
You: Now, if we can just make small talk for a while, it would really help me out. If you're good I might return the favor. (Flash a smile)
Her: Okay, Sure!
You: Excellent. So, tell me story. Something that happened to you. (you can replace that with a question or opener of your choice.)
NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Girls don't have time for that if they're hot, they're busy being "social".

If its way after school, go ahead. ButI bet you $20 she'll think it's stupid. The answer will depend on her social place though.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
heck..it might be a lil more fun if shes got some friends with her
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
I'm with AC/DC on this one. Unless you look like a supermodel, no girl is going to be interested in being "used" for your bet.

The bottom line is, telling the girl that she's just part of a bet (even though it's true) is a cop-out. It gives you an excuse for approaching her, while also implying that you have no genuine interest in her. The real problem is, it also implies that you wouldn't have the balls to talk to her if you hadn't lost a bet.

Why don't you just be a man and approach her like any other girl?
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by blienk
I'm with AC/DC on this one. Unless you look like a supermodel, no girl is going to be interested in being "used" for your bet.

The bottom line is, telling the girl that she's just part of a bet (even though it's true) is a cop-out. It gives you an excuse for approaching her, while also implying that you have no genuine interest in her. The real problem is, it also implies that you wouldn't have the balls to talk to her if you hadn't lost a bet.

Why don't you just be a man and approach her like any other girl?
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
im justl ooking for a unique way of going about it...thats all...if shes hot..i figure shell get hit on all the time...
 

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
Originally posted by blienk
I'm with AC/DC on this one. Unless you look like a supermodel, no girl is going to be interested in being "used" for your bet.

The bottom line is, telling the girl that she's just part of a bet (even though it's true) is a cop-out. It gives you an excuse for approaching her, while also implying that you have no genuine interest in her. The real problem is, it also implies that you wouldn't have the balls to talk to her if you hadn't lost a bet.

Why don't you just be a man and approach her like any other girl?
this guy nailed it.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top