"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Help with stuttering - just one small step to go

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Age
72
i've been a stutter'er for bascily 10yrs, started when i was 7yrs old. when i was first doing it, it was horrible, i was so bad that i took 5mins to tell a 20sec joke(i'm being serious).

the good thing though, was my class mates never made fun of me, they took it all serious which was good, cause it would have killed me if they made fun of me.

now i'm 17, and it's got better as the years went on, and now its ALMOST gone, theres just one thing that stilll bothers me.

bascily i dont stutter as in saying the start of the word over and over and over. but for some reason, my throat just locks up. this happens with any words, and it mostly happens when i have to ask a question.

i have tryed my hardest to say the word that gets blocked, but it doesnt work.say the word is "When", i will say in my head "just say it", but it never comes out.

i have found something that will make me say it more easierly and thats if i rub the side of my eye as if i got sleep in it(sounds wierd, but it works). and i also put words infront of the word i want to say which i know i never have troubles with.

i dont have troubles if i;m on a roll i.e doing a speach or something, it mainly happens when i have to start talking.

has anyone experienced this ? if so is there anyway u have overcome this problem ?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
Search the Name DaVinci ... In DaVinci's steps to become a Better DJ there is a link on stuttering.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Sorry dude, it's a medical condition (stuttering that is), it's something to do with the brain sending late signals.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
Confidence. Say it to yourself over and over. All the time. Look in the mirror, say the phrases you struggle with. Talk to people more, get more comfortable socially.

I used to be good at presenting stuff, and bad at socialising. I just practised a few words and got the balls up to make the change.

I sometimes struggle with words like break, and words beggining with br. I'm phasing it out though just by saying it all the time.

Sounds lame, but who's gonna know eh?
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
i do that with jokes too sometimes. i think it just takes practise.

as for stuttering, i just try not to give a shyt (as in pretend to be bored) and i can speak fine
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Sing your pick ups. Dead serious. I know this guy who can't talk without stuttering for his LIFE, but when he sings everyhting is normal.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
I do'nt have a stuttering problem, but I remember a year or two back when I'm asking questions in front of the class and I just open my mouth and I choke on air or something...then it happens again, then I say "nevermind" with no problem, but I can't ask the damn question.

Soudns kinda like your problem. I think you're just not comfortable speaking up, which can be correctly. Just sing gto yourself at home or something and start gradually to speak more when with your friends.

This is not a problem. Never view something like this as a defect of your person. It's a chance to get better.
 

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Age
72
its not a problem of speaking up, i can say a question in class, but for some reason i occastionly it just happens
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Sorry dude, it's a medical condition (stuttering that is), it's something to do with the brain sending late signals.
Ya man, i would suggest going to a doctor. There isn't really anything you can do about stuttering (That i know of)

I mean you can't predict it or prevent it. I know this one guy, really smart kid, ya know honors program etc. He has a stutter, and i really feel bad for him, mostly because he can't control it. He just doesn't let it get to him. You could try using it to your advantage.

But just go to the doctor see what he has to say.
 

AnkleBreaker

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
I stutter when im high but that has nothing to do with this i guess.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top