Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with 'look'

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you stylish guys care to help me with my look please?

I can email you a couple of photos.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just post a link to your pics (try using photo bucket or MySpace) and we'll all give you help.:up:

dankane

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would need to see some pics of you to give you some real specific advice, but other then that, here are some tips.

1. Messy Hair, I mean don't spend time like making your hair look perfect, or using all kinds of products to make it stay a certain way. Just mess it up with your fingers like you don't give a **** how your hair looks.

2. Work with colors, for example I have these tan button down shirts, they are a very very light brown, with some red and brown designs. So underneath I wear a brown shirt, and then I wear some khaki shorts, with a belt. I tuck my shirt in, but I pull it out a little bit to get that messy look again. If you have a blue shirt, you could wear a light blue shirt underneath, or yellow. If you have a black shirt, you could do anything red works pretty well, so does yellow. White shirt, you can throw green underneath. Make yourself look appealing.

3. Wear a hat if it goes with your outfit. And it is all about your walk. Believe it or not the walk makes the style. Dress nicely to, buy polos, button down shirt, short sleeve, long sleeve, sweaters, khaki shorts, belts, clean up, shave, have your hair messy, I mean think about it, that is sexy. Make sure if you tuck your shirt in you don't look like a little preppy ***** though, untuck it a little bit, pull your shorts down, look good, but not like you care.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Style... pssshhff...

Everyone has their own identity. Clothes do not make the man. Develop your own "style". That is, pick some clothes that YOU like to wear and wear them. It doesn't matter what the name is on the tag, what matters is if you look "clean" or not. Even then, some guys go with the 5 o'clock shadow with a sport coat and it still works.

I have super wide shoulders for my size, short legs, and tiny feet. I have to get shirts in a size too large. So, I keep those shirts ironed and starched to compensate for the "frumpy" look. It works: it's hard to say that a wrinkle-free shirt with a starched collar and creases is "frumpy". And, most shoe manufacturers stop at 8 so I'm screwed there. But, I still get plenty of compliments on my "unique style". I "rock my styles". It's all about YOU, not the clothes.

Take a look at what you like to wear. Does it look clean and sharp? Make some tweaks and stop putting so much stock in clothes. Be a man. Be your own man. Don't wear the clothes everyone else does, wear the clothes YOU WANT.

In my opinion, women don't even see clothes. They see "shoes and watch". You could dress like a lumberjack (Hmmm... that sounds hot, I'll have to try that.), but if the ladies see a nice watch and cool shoes... you're golden.

Media and marketing would love to take advantage of you: you are their target audience. Companies make billions off of singles because they have cultivated the myth that you can't get laid without all the latest fashions. Wake up.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In an ideal world, yes, all chicks will "see" the man, his inner essence, his glowing confidence, his alpha ness, his burning incandescent inner fire and spirit. But let's look at how the real world operates. Bars and clubs are generally split 70/30 AT BEST, male-female. It is not uncommon to see 85/15 or even 90/10 male female ratios in night outings. Clearly, it's a buyer's market for chicks.

How do you set yourself apart? In relatively quiet bars, yes, you can spit a lot of verbal game and demonstrate value that way. In a club? Forget it. Your looks, your body language, dance skills, and your ability to escalate properly trump all. Clothing plays a very big role in club game. Is this "reality" a product of a marketing conspiracy by clothing companies? Perhaps in part. But that is the reality, my friend. All of the inner game in the world won't help you if you look unkempt, and you'll be facing a very long uphill battle even if you look "average", whatever that means. In reality, dressing sharply simply puts you in the game and hardly guarantees success. So why handicap yourself?

You don't have to spend a fortune to dress sharply. Let's put it this way. In most places, you HAVE to wear clothes, right? So make sure the clothes you wear are the proper size, fit, that the colors flatter your your eye and hair color, etc. I'd write more but there are a lot of books and magazines that can help you. Details, GQ, Esquire, among others are a good start for the sartorially challenged. Don't buy the outrageously overpriced labels advertised; but do look for clothes that are similar in appearance.

Wolf

Vulpine said:
Style... pssshhff...Everyone has their own identity. Clothes do not make the man. In my opinion, women don't even see clothes. Companies make billions off of singles because they have cultivated the myth that you can't get laid without all the latest fashions. Wake up.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are seduced through their ears, not their eyes.

So you, as a DJ, will have set yourself apart by approaching and talking. You wouldn't be one of the other guys just standing around "being seen".

It is when the women feel your awesome presence and hear your awesome voice that your clothes become "gift wrapping" for the women to unwrap to get at the gift.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I've said before regarding a lot of the things that guys feel are "necessary" to DJ'ing... it's more like "it can't hurt".

Having money, a good job, nice clothes, lots of friends, etc... "can't hurt" but they are not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

I have improved threefold over the last year, and yet my look/car/job/friends have not changed one bit.

What improving your look could do is improve your own confidence. My suggestion? Go shopping with a woman. They will tell you what looks good, and what does not.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dankane said:
I would need to see some pics of you to give you some real specific advice, but other then that, here are some tips.

1. Messy Hair, I mean don't spend time like making your hair look perfect, or using all kinds of products to make it stay a certain way. Just mess it up with your fingers like you don't give a **** how your hair looks.

So your advising him to go for that crusty "I haven't taken a shower in 3 days look?? Nice.

2. Work with colors, for example I have these tan button down shirts, they are a very very light brown, with some red and brown designs. So underneath I wear a brown shirt, and then I wear some khaki shorts, with a belt. I tuck my shirt in, but I pull it out a little bit to get that messy look again. If you have a blue shirt, you could wear a light blue shirt underneath, or yellow. If you have a black shirt, you could do anything red works pretty well, so does yellow. White shirt, you can throw green underneath. Make yourself look appealing.

With all that brown on you could easily pass for a Safari Tour Guide at many theme parks.

3. Wear a hat if it goes with your outfit. And it is all about your walk. Believe it or not the walk makes the style. Dress nicely to, buy polos, button down shirt, short sleeve, long sleeve, sweaters, khaki shorts, belts, clean up, shave, have your hair messy, I mean think about it, that is sexy. Make sure if you tuck your shirt in you don't look like a little preppy ***** though, untuck it a little bit, pull your shorts down, look good, but not like you care.

Tuck your shirt in but untuck it. LOL Dude what kinda girls are you trying to attract? You sound like a self-described emo-clown.

Yendor: Post some pics up if you want some better advice. Its kinda hard to tell you what you need to work on without seeing what your working with at the moment. The only thing I will say is find a style that suits you! Don't cut your hair a certain way because its the "in thing" if it doesn't look good on you. Your look should center around making you feel confident and assured.

Get those pics up bro.

PIMP

dankane

Don Juan
Reaction score
no actually I mean like lets say I'm about to go out, I just take my hand and mess up my hair....

colors work wonders on your style

tuck in your shirt, but untuck it a little bit so that it overlaps your pants

i dont see the point in picking apart someone elses thread that is just trying to help, but i really don't give a ****,

im that much better then you, im not even going to waste my time stooping to that level

Jackman

Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on what kind of person you are, your age, where you like to go, what you like to do. Even the coolest style can look like ass on the wrong person, while others can wear anything and look good.

You just have to know what works for you.

Style isn't about designer tags and big bucks. It's about complimenting or clashing your own features and persona with clothing. I've found some of the coolest shirts at the Salvation Army. I mean, I've seen guys out there that look like Buddy Holly, but you wouldn't think dork when you see them because of the way they dress and act.

When I was younger, I had long hair and got this long black tribal tat going all the way up my arm. I used to go to rock concerts and all that sh-t. But now that I'm older, it's something I'm stuck working with, especially in the summer. So I learned to dress sharp and offset it in a unique way, kind of like Clooney in Dusk Til Dawn. I hit a jazz club these days and I stand out.

Basically take your features, both good and bad, and use them for unique results. Mix it up. Just remember to always look your age.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are seduced through their ears, not their eyes.

I have to disagree with this statement. I feel they are seduced thru their eyes mostly.

The guy that can put on a deep stare and great smile and she's attracted to him ..look out ..that's when she becomes *confused*

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dankane said:
no actually I mean like lets say I'm about to go out, I just take my hand and mess up my hair....

colors work wonders on your style

tuck in your shirt, but untuck it a little bit so that it overlaps your pants

i dont see the point in picking apart someone elses thread that is just trying to help, but i really don't give a ****,

im that much better then you, im not even going to waste my time stooping to that level

I picked apart your post for a specific reason. Its because you were giving him advice based off of how YOU do your hair, how YOU wear your clothes and how YOU color coordinate your wardrobe. Were they all terrible tips? That's for each to decide, but the point was that without seeing a picture of Yendor and what he currently is working with, its baseless to give him tips that are SO specific.

I love your cliche response: your that much better than me? Why because you gave out advice based on what supposedly works for you? Umm, ok whatever makes you feel good...

PIMP

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks everyone - great feedback.

Those websites to host pictures are blocked from work. I can email you guys if you pm me.

I have had a couple of different styles in my time. I have always been described as having the 'preppy' look. I now work in the corporate world so am trying to be conservative yet still have some creativity.

I have massive sideburns and a goatee at present just for something different. A friend of mine loves it but she is not my type (rock, alternative, druggy type girl) whereas I am a more laid back reading, sport and chill out type person.

thanks

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yendor28 said:
Those websites to host pictures are blocked from work. I can email you guys if you pm me.
So this implies that you are reading and posting on this site from work???:eek:

You better stop before you get fired, nowadays it's really not that expensive to get a broadband internet connection at home.