Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with American "Sayings"

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey im 22 and i was born here in the us but im a little embarrased to not know these sayings everyone uses. id appreciate it if you guys give me the definition for these sayings a dont get...

Catch 22-

Cloud 9-

Tunnel Vision-

Double Standard-

i know there are a few more out there i dont know but thats all i can think of for now. thanks.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ken785
Catch 22-
A catch22 is something that happens when you need one thing to do something else, but you can't do that without the first thing.

For example, when you're young, you want to buy a car. But you have to have a job to afford a car. But you can't get a job unless you have a car to drive to work.

A happy place. When you're "on cloud nine", that means that you're very happy.

Tunnel Vision
Tunnel vision is where you are focused on one thing and paying no attention to anything else.

Double Standard-
Double standard means that you have one set of rules for one person or group of people, and another set of rules for a different person or group of people. So if I work very hard at my job, I might not get any recognition at all, but if my boss's daughter doesn't choke on her own drool, she might get a big promotion.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ken785
"and what not"-
Basically is just a generic term meaning, "and whatever" or "and stuff" or "and everything else I haven't mentioned". For example, "That restaurant has all kinds of stuff -- fries and salads and soups and whatnot."

"hot flashes"-
This is what happens to (typically) menopausal women when their hormones cause their bodies to feel extremely hot even when the room temperature is fine.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Basically is just a generic term meaning, "and whatever" or "and stuff" or "and everything else I haven't mentioned". For example, "That restaurant has all kinds of stuff -- fries and salads and soups and whatnot."

This is what happens to (typically) menopausal women when their hormones cause their bodies to feel extremely hot even when the room temperature is fine. [/B]
aHHH...i see..

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We use z's and not s's like

critisize, realize

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are a few more phrases you may want to know:

Angry Dragon- Ejaculating in a girl's mouth and then hitting her in the back of the head, forcing the come out of her nose so that she look like an angry dragon breathing fire.

Donkey Punch- Having anal sex with a girl and punching her in the back of the head to make her pass out. Said to induce a clenching of the anal sphincter in the unconscious girl.

Rusty Trombone-When a girl licks a man's ass and reaches around to the front to masturbate his penis. So called because it appears that the girl is blowing into the ass and manipulating the penis like a musical instrument. Also may refer her to performing oral sex on a man right after he's engaged in anal sex.

Strawberry Swirl-

Pearl Necklace-

You can find the answers here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com

Eric Clapton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Snatch, over hear we just call it violence against women. ;)
You Redcoats are so proper, and that is cool, is it true you all detest us Americans these days?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not true, we are much closer to American culture than say our French neighbours.

I'm sure snatch isn't a wife beater, and rough sex is fun, but punchin them out so their arse tightens up, that's a Rapists MO.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snatchmaster
Here are a few more phrases you may want to know:

Angry Dragon- Ejaculating in a girl's mouth and then hitting her in the back of the head, forcing the come out of her nose so that she look like an angry dragon breathing fire.

Donkey Punch- Having anal sex with a girl and punching her in the back of the head to make her pass out. Said to induce a clenching of the anal sphincter in the unconscious girl.

Rusty Trombone-When a girl licks a man's ass and reaches around to the front to masturbate his penis. So called because it appears that the girl is blowing into the ass and manipulating the penis like a musical instrument. Also may refer her to performing oral sex on a man right after he's engaged in anal sex.

Strawberry Swirl-

Pearl Necklace-

You can find the answers here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com
mint.:crackup: :up:

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal favorites are the Dutch Oven and the Rodeo.

Look them up

Eric Clapton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Not true, we are much closer to American culture than say our French neighbours.
In what ways, if you permit my asking, I've always wanted to visit England, and hope I'll be able soon. Or maybe the differences would be simpler to elaborate upon. Whichever you choose, I suppose. Thankyou.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know where you get the idea the Brits hate the yanks. I don't think as a nation we hate them at all. We share a language and many aspects of our culture are shared.

Whereas, the French are only 20 miles across the channel and we've always been at each others throats.

Some people may be anti Bush and anti Iraq, but no more than anywhere else.

Coolage

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, I think the Brits like us but think they are a little better, classier, etc.

Last edited: