"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

help translating twisted ********?

Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Brazil
So 2 months ago I started on a weekly class and I got to know this girl. She's 24 and was married at the time.

Two weeks ago we were talking casually (we'd hardly talked before) and she asks me to "sit closer", later I learned she had split (for good). Kino and eye contact.

Last weekend she phoned me twice to call me up for two gatherings of our classmates I'd otherwise not know about. We talked quite a lot, light kino, plenty of eye contact, but I wasn't really sure she was interested and didn't have a chance to take her to a quieter place.

Monday we started exchanging emails, about 10 a day, mostly fluff talk, until yesterday she asked whether I had a girlfriend, to which I replied "no". Sure interest sign I thought. Then today she mentioned her ex so I asked if she was ready to move on and start fresh.

Then I got an email full of undecypherable ********.

Below I'll transcribe the most interesting parts...

On one hand I don't want to see him again, while on the other it was somewhat traumatic so I'm not really in the mood for a serious relationship with someone else... But I'm not too sure since I also miss that "special someone"... So, yes, I'm ready to move on, but I don't know if I want to do so now, and I haven't met anyone yet so it's hard to say.

How twisted! Can anyone make sense of that?

My own opinion is that she's interested, and can't say so directly but doesn't want to close the door on me hence the twisted email... Am I completely off?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
IMO this just comes down to: "Dude, I like you, you have an opening, use it but don't expect anything serious but boy can we have some fun if you just grab your balls"....
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
My own opinion is that she's interested, and can't say so directly but doesn't want to close the door on me hence the twisted email... Am I completely off?

NO!
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
rebound

it's possible you're just rebound for the aftermath of the break-up, in short just using you to raise her self-esteem.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

SLICK-RIC

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
44
REBOUNDING LIKE A MO-FO...

SOUNDS LIKE THIS GIRL HAS STRONG ATTRACTIONS FOR YOU...SEEMS LIKE U DID A GOOD JOB WITH KEEPING HER I.L. HIGH....
SHES BOUNCING LIKE A MO FO RIGHT NOW AND IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH AND MAYBE GET HER MIND OFF THIS DUDE....GO ALONG AND ENJOY THE RIDE, JUST DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN HER MESS CAUSE SHE SOUNDS LIKE SHES NEEDS SO TIME TO SORT HERSELF OUT....BE COOL....!!!
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Brazil
Thanks guys, you were a great help.

I'm still a little confused since she keeps saying she's "not one of those girls who have a different boyfriend each week" but oh well, we'll see what happens.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
I'm still a little confused since she keeps saying she's "not one of those girls who have a different boyfriend each week" but oh well, we'll see what happens.



She;s basically letting you know she doesn't sleep around. i.e. she wants someone around now - to ease the pain - to help her through this, to comfort her - but she doesn't want anything serious - and she doesn't want to sleep around with a bunch of guys she doesn';t know.


What this translates to -is that you get to have some serious fun with this girl - great sex, hanging out with a woman who want's to get over an ex.

No strings attached.

This is going to be some serious fun for you.

Just don't come on heavy or needy.

Be cool - see her when she wants to see you - and just know that nothing more will ever happen between the 2 of you. Sometime in the future she's going to end this - but in the meantime HAVE FUN.
 
Top