help staying awake

thebob

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it's important to get sleep etc, but...Sometimes exams don't wait for sleep.

So, is there anything I can eat/drink (or anything I can do, for that matter) that's legal and at least semi-healthy (i.e. not pop or coffee) that would help keep me awake for studying? I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.....

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
coffee won't help you grow

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. Exercising regularly will increase the amount of energy you have throughout the day. It will also help you sleep better when you do go to bed.

So, one word. Exercise.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
red bull

Kendog

Don Juan
Reaction score
so you dont want caffeinne? HMM. caffeine is master. Try somse ephedra but BE CAREFUL ephedra is not for foolish ppl and can casue death with overdose.

who knows, try budgeting your time better so you dont have to stay up overnight. Ive heard some soldiers on watch duty put some tobasco sauce in their eyes to keep them open, try it!

Lingham

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excercising and eating VERY LIGHT and eat mostly raw living foods. You will have way more energy. Or don't eat at all just drink juices for a day or two and you will have increased energy. Eating and digesting heavy foods puts your body out.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some nature-stores (don't know the english name, the stores with energy drinks made from roots and stuff) have energy drinks that help a lot. Ask there.

Otherwise, taking a break every hour and breath like this 15-20 times (preferably if you go outside and do it). Make sure you have your back straight and your head looking straight forward.

Inhale 2x
Hold breath with air in lungs 8x
Exhale 4x
hold breath with no air in lungs4x

4X stands for counting (1, 2, 3, 4).

Eat healthy and drink alot.

Energy drinks are good, red bull sucks, you just pay for the brand, you can get exact same product with same taste for a third of the price of a Red Bull.

When you study, keep a good posture and take deep breaths instead of shallow ones.