Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help Plz

Ak89

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you guys give me some ideas or drills that i can do without going to a gym. Like sit ups, push ups, etc.

Any sites or anything....

I'm 6'1 168lb, i'm skinny with pencil arms i have no muscle at all.

Any help would do........

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
push ups, pull ups, bodyweight squatting etc wont get you 'big'. You'll need to shift some iron.

The site that was linked here seems alright though.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
Dude that site looks awsome man thanks... i'm always looking for full body-weigth excercises to help me with Break-Dancing...

As to DJ Ben who said you need to pump iron... you obviously don't know anything about full body workouts...

Iron is hard on your body where body workout is easier on your joints and better for you... Plus in the end your normally more flexable and mobile then a bodybuilder with weights... Different styles... Think jackie Chan, Jet Lie, or A pro-surfer... there fit and can do tightass things... but they don't neccesarily lift weights...

Not that weigths are bad... just another avenue... matters on what your loking for....

Mobility speed, strength, endurance...

Or a great body.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
Here's something to ponder DJ Ben...

At the time of the Cavemen most of them had the body build of a world class Athelete today... Do you think they had weight benches?

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capi Crimini
Dude that site looks awsome man thanks... i'm always looking for full body-weigth excercises to help me with Break-Dancing...

As to DJ Ben who said you need to pump iron... you obviously don't know anything about full body workouts...

Iron is hard on your body where body workout is easier on your joints and better for you... Plus in the end your normally more flexable and mobile then a bodybuilder with weights... Different styles... Think jackie Chan, Jet Lie, or A pro-surfer... there fit and can do tightass things... but they don't neccesarily lift weights...

Not that weigths are bad... just another avenue... matters on what your loking for....

Or a great body.
pfft, good job showing how little you know about weight training. Bodybuilding is not the one and only use for weight training. ALL pro athletes lift weights, pal, and if not all, then most. And who says that you can't do whole body work with weights? Ever hear of squats? deadlifts? pull ups? pushups with weight on your back? power cleans? jerks? snatches?

Worse for the joints? Hah, good one. It STRENGTHENS your joints if you do it correctly. If you suck, then you're gonna mess up your joints, but that's YOUR fault, not the weight's fault.

You want strong, flexible, durable? Ever heard of Mike Mahler? www.mikemahler.com. You gonna tell me he's not strong, flexible, or mobile? Watch this:

http://www.mikemahler.com/photo/indo_milpress.jpg

http://www.mikemahler.com/photo/sots_press.jpg

http://www.mikemahler.com/photo/indo_frontsquat2.jpg

Also, let's take another example, San Diego Padres shortstop Khalil Greene. If you know anything about baseball, you know that the shortstop position takes speed, flexibility, arm strength, durability, and quick reaction time. Khalil Greene, the Padres shortstop, is an avid weight trainer who has been seen putting up 350 pounds on the bench press rather easily.

So tell me, buddy, should he be one of the worst shortstops because he's too big and bulky? Not when dude's making Plays of the Week every week for some insane diving/throwing play, and drawing comparisons to Ozzie Smith, the greatest defensive SS of all time, and he's only a ROOKIE. Strength? When the SHORTSTOP is hitting some of the longest shots on the entire team, you know he has strength.

Even beyond pro athletes and other dudes who practically do it for a living, to act like bodybuilding is the only use for weight training is extremely ignorant. If you really think working with weights can't build strength, flexibility, and speed, when done right, you are DELUDED.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
Even beyond pro athletes and other dudes who practically do it for a living, to act like bodybuilding is the only use for weight training is extremely ignorant. If you really think working with weights can't build strength, flexibility, and speed, when done right, you are DELUDED.
Not that weights are bad... just another avenue...
I didn't say that they were bad... you know more about exercise then me... I'm going on my own comparison...

I used to use weights... but then after I started B-Boying... I barely used weights and got better results then before... I've gone laz on both of them for a while... But am starting back up... and I much prefer no-weights more when I can do it.

If you just weight trained without streching (which would be considerd a no-weight) you'd end up pretty messed up unventually... Unless there is some special technique I don't know of.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To begin with, the guy sounded like he didnt want to be skinny and wanted some muscle on him. Best way to do it? Weight training. It's VERY hard to gain good muscle by doing bodyweight only excersizes. It'll also take a long time.

Or a great body.
HAHAHHAAHHAHAA, ROFLMAO

One word. Bruce Lee. He saw weight training as essential. He didnt work some body parts because it would mean a slight reduction in mobility if you'd call it that, IE the arms. He wouldnt be able to tuck them in so easily.

I'm not sure if he didnt work his arms out at all, I'm sure he did but simply at a lower weight and higher reps. Again, I'm not saying this is fact. An educated guess.

He was also a small man. If he was taller, in his own words, he'd rule the word. He'd probably have made his arms would have been slightly bigger, he'd probably be less mobile according to your school of thought, but anyway.

Chan, jet 'lie'... I'm pretty sure they've visited the gym at points in their training too. Either way, they're not atheltes. They're actors. Sure they do MMA, but so what.

All pride and UFC fighters have seen the gym. Know it intimately, even the small guys. It's still essential.

Or a great body.
Also, as a funky little side note, try and find a few people in the olympics that havnt been doing weight training.

Cavemen had the body of dwain chambers, and the like? thats bull**** mate. I dont know what you've been reading, but a lot of the time they ate vegetables gathered by the women. The men would go on the hunt. If they got anything, it'd be a rare feast, not an everyday occurance.

Even endurance runners and rowers are known to hit the gym. Work your brain out. Check out some facts before you try saying you know more than anyone else.

If you just weight trained without streching (which would be considerd a no-weight) you'd end up pretty messed up unventually... Unless there is some special technique I don't know of.
Of course you stretch. But y'know. Thats STRETCHING. Not a bodyweight excersize.

PS here's a list of sports that use weight training:

Soccer
Football
Rugby
Spinting
Medium/Long distance runners
Basket ball players
Rowers
Tennis players
Cyclists
Long jumpers
Triple Jumpers
Shotput/discus
Boxers

... PM me if you want me to do some research and show you that almost every sport, at a competative level, uses weights.

Dont worry about giving me an apology son, just read a text book before you announce your false oppinions about me and my knowledge.

EDIT: One man to add to what Metalfortress said. Matt Furey. Took me ages to think of that guys name :confused: no idea why

Last edited:

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorta agree with Ben, the poster is pretty skinny. I'm 5' 7" and I weight close to him. He seems to want to bulk big. He'll get the most bulk by heavy compound motion. And that really requires a gym (or a fairly expensive home setup).

But he specifically ask for drills without going to the gym, that's what he wants... so I gave him the link.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure, not knocking you, but I was just making him aware of the situation. That the best road would be weights.

6'1 at that weight is pretty thin. All the press ups and sit ups, dips and chins, pull ups, hindu squats, hindu push ups, one legged squats, handstand push ups etc wont help put on mass anywhere near as good as weights and a good diet would :)

Just a shame someone had to start giving bad advice, thought I'd help keep the quality of info up.

And yeah, those handstand pushups are pretty solid. I tried them out a few months back, made my way up to about 2X15 between two chairs. It's a killer on my right rotator cuff though, so I'm back with military presses :\

But he specifically ask for drills without going to the gym, that's what he wants... so I gave him the link.
Best link I think anyone could have given :) It reminded me to keep doing push ups and one legged squats too! :)

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't say that they were bad... you know more about exercise then me... I'm going on my own comparison...

I used to use weights... but then after I started B-Boying... I barely used weights and got better results then before... I've gone laz on both of them for a while... But am starting back up... and I much prefer no-weights more when I can do it.

Uh, you said that they were basically only good for a good body, kid. The reason you are getting better results is from the ACTUAL BBOYING. Try mixing weights into your workouts!!

DJBen, as far as I know about Furey, he is a little extreme with his anti-weights stuff, but probably more because he markets bodyweight conditioning materials.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. No one gets to fureys size without weight training at some point. And I'm sure he still does the occasional compound lift - you cant sell your **** if you still go against the ethics outlined in your amazing book.

Jet is a fake man. Chan was, and still is the man. Back in his day he had the hardcore training, a good attitude, VERY funny and a nice bloke. The guy did all his own stunts - even falling off the top of a huge building, through a canopy, and onto the floor. HE learnt the way to fall and used it in film. Theres no knocking that guy

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude! metalfortress!!!

or... dj girevik right?? heh

anyway, khalil is the shyt. I was at the first game of the pirates series at petco, and he finishes the game with a diving catch/flip to loretta... I swear man, 1 a game. The guy is awesome!!!

North county San diego here.

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
Jet is a fake man
No he's not. He won 7 consecutive Martial Arts titles back in the 70's/80's I have read.

Think jackie Chan, Jet Lie, or A pro-surfer... there fit and can do tightass things... but they don't neccesarily lift weights...
I know for a fact that Jet Lee DOES lift weights. He hits the gym regular basis.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesnt hinder speed.

Lee didnt make his arms bigger because tucking his arms into his ribs became more awkward. Not as efficent.

Whoever says a big guy cant be as fast as a small guy is wrong.