Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help on my appearance - inlcudes pics

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You heard it more than once...get some muscles under those clothes. I also suffered from semi-kyphotic posture and have gotten better after doing proper exercises.

Go to a hairdresser and get a nice haircut. Most of them have seen it all and have encountered people who have hairdo problems. I have to say that your newer pictures shows much improvement compared to that old nerdy "Hitler" haircut.

Try consciously erecting your posture and you will feel better about yourself. You will then get use to this posture and stick with it.

Invest in more than T shirt and jeans. I don't care how much you paid for those jeans. Spend on something like a decent suit or a sports coat.

Once you get these suggestions under your belt, don't be surprise if chicks start talking to you, stud.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aztec
You heard it more than once...get some muscles under those clothes. I also suffered from semi-kyphotic posture and have gotten better after doing proper exercises.

Try consciously erecting your posture and you will feel better about yourself. You will then get use to this posture and stick with it.
yea, used to have a real posture problem myself and still to some extent when sitting, especially at the computer.

You are gonna feel ridicously erect when you first try and correct your posture (getting someone who knows a bit about it like a physiotherapist to help makes a lot of difference), which for me eventually changed into unusually manly erect ;) before realising that having a good posture is not all that unique and doesn't stand out as much from others as I thought. still there are many people with poor posture and correcting that really does make a difference.

Sitting in meditation helped me a lot in that as well, as sitting regularly in half lotus and particularly full lotus helps keep the spine naturally erect without any directed effort and goes a long way towards establishing a habit of it.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't grow your hair too much

Long hair will only make you look skinnier. I always look bigger with shorter hair -- makes the rest of my body look larger by comparison.

You can be really good looking if you follow the other suggestions here.

Thing is, you don't have to work out that much to get results. Lifting once a week is enough. In fact, I got better results from lifting once a week than with more frequent workouts. Muscle is built between the workouts, and if you train too often, it gets broken down.

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with his clothes, can someone elaborate?
The jeans look good (although you shouldn't waste your money on ralph lauren jeans, I mean it's a good brand, but just don't buy their jeans, you can get the same looking pair from express or any other place for like $20 and no one will tell the difference), and the shirt isn't "baggy", he won't look good if he wears tight shirts, as he's not exactly "muscular", it would look phoney.

I agree with the posture though, and you should work on your confidence.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Don't grow your hair too much

Originally posted by Bonhomme
[BYou can be really good looking if you follow the other suggestions here.

Thing is, you don't have to work out that much to get results. Lifting once a week is enough. In fact, I got better results from lifting once a week than with more frequent workouts. Muscle is built between the workouts, and if you train too often, it gets broken down. [/B]
forget that and look up Diesel's guide for bulking up in the fittness forum.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by m4a1
I don't see anything wrong with his clothes, can someone elaborate?
The jeans look good (although you shouldn't waste your money on ralph lauren jeans, I mean it's a good brand, but just don't buy their jeans, you can get the same looking pair from express or any other place for like $20 and no one will tell the difference), and the shirt isn't "baggy", he won't look good if he wears tight shirts, as he's not exactly "muscular", it would look phoney.

I agree with the posture though, and you should work on your confidence.
the shirt looks like he could stick five arms in them and still have room to spare. Bloody wizard's sleeves. Doesn't have to be slim fit, but something that at least accentuates one's shape is always preferable to baggy clothes like that.

the jeans are nice but you do seem to wear them a bit high.

all in all, there's potential though.

saki

Don Juan
Reaction score
jus get a little more meat on da bones. But the way you look now shouldnt prevent you from getting chicks. but like someone said, mess up the hair a bit, it looks like grandma combed it before church

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should try to put on like 20 pounds before you go to college
That's the problem, I am a junior in college.
You should wear your pants so they ride at the top of your hip bones
Why is everybody saying stuff about my jeans. They were down over my hips.

I'll definantly start working out, or at least start thinking about it.

The dress code is pretty strict at the university I go to, no jeans, collard shirts that are buttoned (no t-shirt showing) no hair over ears, etc. So I tend to go a head and look nice, ascroft black slacks, nice izod collard shirt or something. Bascily business casual w/no tie.
spiked up, with some blonde spray on the top
I'm probably wrong, but for some reason I was under the impression that the frosted tips went out a few years ago?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably because it is nothing to do with health and fitness.

As the guys said you are thin and skinny, but if you bulked up a bit and got a new wardrobe you could be a very good looking guy.

At your age all you need to do to bulk up is to lift heavy weights in a basic program something like squats, deadlifts, benches, and chins, and presses, and eat a lot of food: loads of it. At your age with all the hormones you have and natural growth spurt you should be able to put on a good 20lbs in around 3 months.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's been said before in the thread but I'll say it again just to drive the point home

Better Body Language,: The third picture was terrible with the hunched shoulders and coy BL. Try not to have your whole hands in your pocket, just maybe a thumb or both, and try your back pockets. Kinda like cowboys in the western film style. It'll feel weird at first but then you get used to it. Also work on protruding your chest slightly. Not in a way where you are overcompensating but just so people know that your chest isn't concaved.

Smaller shirts - Yea the shirt 'looked' nice but it wasn't fitting you right. Something a little smaller will do you much better. And what are you doing with the shirt to the pants. it'e either over the buckle or tucked underneath it, not both :p Hmmm....Check out any mainstream artists (Pop/Rock) like the guy from Maroon 5 or Justin Timberlake to see some examples of the size of your shirt and how they wear them. It may feel awkward at first but definetly not after you....

Hit the gym - I know it sounds so boring and tedious but you can easily work your upper body in the time you stay online even tho you are bored as hell. Don't feel silly about the amount of weight you start with because I am around 130 lbs. Being that you are skinny, no one expects you to lift much so don't even fret with what weight you have to start with. If you aren't sure, go in the early morning when few people are there, most of the machines are open, and you can start your day off working out and releasing beta endorphins

Pants - They not really fitting you right either man, sorry. You say you got em on your hip bone, maybe the ones you got just have a high front? Do you got any lowriders? Make sure you rocking your pants similar to the guys you see in the magazine ads with no shirt on. Perhaps not AS low, but so you get a better idea

Accessory - Yea, this just clicked for me. You need something extra to go with your clothes, whether it be a necklace of your choice, wristband, watch, earring, something.

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, bulking up would help. But I don't think it should be the number one thing on your list. It's winter and it sounds like you go to a pretty conservative school, so focus on your wardrobe right now. Working out is fun and really helps your confidence - of course you should do it! But there are plenty of other ways to get that confidence, like dressing well, for instance. Find a style you really like, not one that other people throw on you. Just because it's Abercrombie doesn't mean it's right for you. Express the craziest and most unique parts of you through your clothes and people will be left thinking, "Damn that guy has superfly style!" instead of "Another skinny guy in Polo and Abercrombie."

Now, if you feel like Polo and Abercrombie express your personality, then that's perfectly fine. Throw some accessories in there like Microphone said and you're still standing out. Good luck buddy.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Don't grow your hair too much

Originally posted by Bonhomme
Thing is, you don't have to work out that much to get results. Lifting once a week is enough. In fact, I got better results from lifting once a week than with more frequent workouts. Muscle is built between the workouts, and if you train too often, it gets broken down.
bull****. pure bull****.

and I'm not contesting that rest periods are important. they are. but once a week if ****. better than nothing. but ****.

like the other guy said. look at the guide to bulking in the health and fitness forum. or better yet, go to bodybuilding.com's forums. lots of guys that know what they're talking about, and if anybody spouts off something like I've quoted above, a lot of people will jump on him.

no matter what else, the gym should be your #1 priority. you're a junior in college? fine, cut your losses and get yourself set up now. I'm sure it must suck being a virgin when you're still in college, but wouldn't it suck even more to be a working virgin?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diesel's program's good, but ...

It may be a bit much for someone who's really naturally skinny. More isn't better. The right amount is better.

Take it from a formerly very skinny (like 6'1" 135 lb) man who has built up. To 187 lb at one time earlier this year. Then I left off for a bit and went down to 180ish. Still got the same genes, alas.

I could not break through the 160 lb plateau until I started lifting heavier weights, once a week per body part. Then I went to 170 lb quickly. Then I didn't work out much for months, but started at it again about a year ago, went to the full-body workout once per week regimen, and went from 168 lb to 187 lb in about 3 months.

How may of these guys who are saying I'm full of crap are formerly very skinny guys who have bulked up?

Try it both ways, and see what works -- without you having to lay off on account of injuries. I know what's worked for me.

One Canadian bodybuilder who's about 5'3" tall and can curl almost 300 lb made his greatest progress training with 2 set 1 rep per exercise workouts once every 2 weeks!

The most important thing is to stick with the program. Anthony Ellis -- whose material has influenced my most successful training -- says one should not train any particular body part more than once a week. A high metabolism person training a bodypart more often will result in too much muscle breakdaown, and limited results, especially once you hit your first plateau.

I was stuck at 160 until I started lifting very heavy (1-4 rep max) weights for at least one of my sets, and training any body part no more than about once a week. The workouts were intense, but not too long (about 2-3 sets, no more than an hour or so duration, usually about 45 minutes).

Ellis does it in 3 workouts (lower body, some upper body, other upper body), but one can do 2 workouts, such as upper body Sundays and lower body Wednesdays, or -- as I prefer -- a full-body workout once a week. I personally think one can't help straining the other body parts you're not working on when you do any workout. That's why I lift the heavy weights once a week.

I got to within the range of where I want to be (180ish), and did so very quickly. I can put on a bit more, but I have so many damned food allergies it's a monumental chore to eat enough to really bulk up, period. I'd spend all my time cooking and washing dishes. I have to make every meal from scratch, and one can only do so many protein drinks before it messes up one's bowel function on account of too much liquid.

Forget that hangup that one has to work out a lot to bulk up. It just ain't so. But you do have to lift very heavy (for you) weights. As mentioned above. I did 1-4 rep max weight sets during most of my workout when I was bulking up.

Last edited:

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
uh bonhomme, that is exacty what diesel is saying. each bodypart needs a full week of rest.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
bonhomme...

if by once a week you meant working a muscle group only once a week, I agree 100%.

I'm currently on a 3 day split day 1... chest/tris/shoulders, rest day. day 2... back and bis. rest day. day 3... legs and abs.

I thought you meant you work out once a week, doing a fullbody workout one day a week... and if that's the case... that's just wrong.

But reading your last post, it seems like we're on the same level, so I apologize if I was a **** at all.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think that you shouldnt change youre style SO much, in any case you need to eat lots of food and go to the gym, but I really think that you looked better in that shirt in the first picture, just sorta fits you, those other clothes just didnt seem like you, not that I know you personaly.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean, I was wearing the same clothes in all 3 of those pictures, they were taken seconds apart from eachother.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think they mean the picture with the "hitler hair" and the other ones. And I agree. the old clothes look much better.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, because of the dress code at the university I go to, the 1st pic is what I have to where everyday which I don't mind, I mean I'm kinda the clean-cut type of guy anyway, so slacks and an oxford shirt don't bother me to much, the other pics are what i walk around in my bedroom with.

My clothes can't be changed that much because of the school, but I was wondering as a person should I be to worried about my looks or am I above average / should be able to get a 7.5+ (i.e. now just start focusing on my attitude and overall charm)