"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Help needed

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
I just started College and I went to enroll last week, during which I met a girl and we got on really well. She seemed like she liked me, holding eye contact, smiling and laughing etc.

I met her again today in the lift on the way to a lecture, she recognised me and began talking to me.

We then got into class and there was one seat left which she got, sat next to some bloke, I had to sit at the other end of the class on the end of a table, I was talking to a couple girls there and she starts talking to some bloke sat next to her. I was a bit away but it looked as if she was flirting with him, to a small extent.

We then went outside after the lecture and she meets her mates and starts going on about how she met some bloke that she hasn't seen for a while, saying he still "looks good" etc, she says this right infront of me.

She wasn't being quite as flirty IMO as she was the other day, basically do you guys think this is mind games or not?

I'm gonna get her number next time I see her anyway but I've tried my hardest to make her realise I'm interested in her, but at the same time I haven't acted desperate or anything.

What do you guys reckon should be my next move?

Cheers.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Well, dont act desperate! do act interested, but also act like you have more important things to do, other than be w/ her, b/c this will keep her interest level up.

onto the mind games thing... i think it is a mind game, and dont get sucked into it. she is trying to get you going about her looking at other guys and not all over you. she wants to see you jealous, and slobber all over her.

she wants to know if you are like this, so she can rule you out. dont let this happen. be confident, be interested, and always be "busy" (even if busy is watching tv)

def. get # tho
 

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
Cheers mate.

I think it's mind-games but there's a chance it's not, she didn't seem like the sort to do that but that probably just means she's really good at it!

I'll see her again on Thursday so we'll see how things pan out then, I have plenty of other options it's just I seem to like her more than the rest that I've met and she's not the hottest either.
 

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
20
Location
CAN-NUH-DUH
she didn't seem like the sort to do that
LOL

Never assume anything.

Just cause it quacks, doesn't always mean it's a duck.

Jumping to conclusions can get you hurt.


BTW, you met her once and you're concerned that she was flirting with some other guy in front of you?

Why did this bug you? Are you developing a sudden case of oneitis with a stranger?


Don't do this to yourself, please.



The Bad Ass Canadian
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
8
Originally posted by LuisGarcia10
I just started College and I went to enroll last week, during which I met a girl and we got on really well. She seemed like she liked me, holding eye contact, smiling and laughing etc.

I met her again today in the lift on the way to a lecture, she recognised me and began talking to me.

We then got into class and there was one seat left which she got, sat next to some bloke, I had to sit at the other end of the class on the end of a table, I was talking to a couple girls there and she starts talking to some bloke sat next to her. I was a bit away but it looked as if she was flirting with him, to a small extent.

We then went outside after the lecture and she meets her mates and starts going on about how she met some bloke that she hasn't seen for a while, saying he still "looks good" etc, she says this right infront of me.

She wasn't being quite as flirty IMO as she was the other day, basically do you guys think this is mind games or not?

I'm gonna get her number next time I see her anyway but I've tried my hardest to make her realise I'm interested in her, but at the same time I haven't acted desperate or anything.

What do you guys reckon should be my next move?

Cheers.
Lesson #1,

They always play games no matter what.

It could be that she was actually brushing you off or considers you a freind. That's why you move in for sex**** taht relationship ****.
 

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
Bad ass, you're right about oneitus.

I know that I can't become infatuated with her and I'm not going to allow myself to be, it's just a natural instinct to feel more attracted to someone when they start flirting with someone else. After all, that's a human trait that we exploit often enough.

I'm not going to allow myself to become infatuated but I know my heart's telling me I should.

I flirt with plenty of girls at college so it's not like she's a big deal exactly, for some reason I just seem more interested her than the rest and as I said, she's not really the hottest.

I'll talk to her Thursday most probably because I have a lecture with her then, perhaps tomorrow if I see her about.

Doubtless tomorrow I'll meet a few new girls anyway so I'm not hugely bothered, but I would definately like to get to know her better because she seems like my sort of person.

As I said, I won't be putting myself through anything, once bitten twice shy as they say. Or perhaps in my case it's 20 thousand times bitten, twice shy. ;)

I've learnt my lesson on that front and I'm far more outgoing, this place hasn't just helped me on the woman front, it's made me a generally more fun person to be around and that's showing with the reactions I get from people when I'm around them.

I just still have a way to go and that includes making a move on someone I'm likely to see again and doing it fairly promptly. But I'll get there, even if this one girl goes I'm not that arsed, there will be others.

I just would genuinely like to get to know her better and I'd like to do it before some other chump pulls her and she starts going out with him.
 
Top