Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help me: Phone numbers go nowhere

gradeAprime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, this cute-a$$ blonde girl sits down near me on a bench in the (subway) metro (probably because there aren't many benches), and I start up a conversation, I have her smiling and acting positive. I flirt and talk until we get on the train, and when my stop is up I ask and get her phone number.

About 2 days later I sent her a brief text message to her cell phone, but no response. I waited two days more and sent another. Still no response.

I met another girl on a walking tour of the city i live in, and for about 1-2 hours we talked when we had a chance while walking. I got her email. About about 24 hours later I sent her a quick email. No reponse.

Tonight at about 930pm I tried to call them both, but no answer.

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I am really disappointed that I finally can open a conversation and get a number, but nothing else? I dont understand: If they hate me why give me their number? If they give me their number, why not answer?

Reaction score
Grade,

They gave their numbers to get rid of you. They didn't have the guts to say "no". They felt good about your interest because it stroked their ego and gave their number to you so they could chalk up another "win" on their scoreboard, without ever liking you enough in return to follow-up on it. You were so into yourself and your game that you failed to read the lack of genuine buying signals on their end. Take your pick or pick them all.

Some of these women are what we call women Attention Wh*res. Other girls just give in to the social pressure you put on them. Whatever the case: You shouldn't approach every female body that breathes and expect her to be into you if she gives her phone number per your request, no matter how tight your game is.

Lose these numbers and e-mailaddresses you mention before you embarrass yourself even more. Lose these numbers so you don't feel bad everytime you come across them. Chalk them up to experience yourself.

You've lived a different way. You've learned new things.

The truth of the matter is that you'll score a lot of duds in order to get a few hits. It's nothing to be ashamed about, we all had this happen and it still happens to the very best. Just move on, keep up your game and improve it. You're on your way. As you progress, you'll learn to become more selective and you'll score relatively more numbers from girls who are really interested in you.

Good luck and remember that you make your own. :up:

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alexander is right.

Girls will give out their numbers for a variety of reasons. The first test of interest is asking for their number. The second test of interest is calling and asking for the date. These girls have failed the second test, and their true feelings have been shown to you. They are not interested.

Keep getting numbers and eventually you'll find a girl that is genuinely interested. Guess what... she'll answer the phone! Then she's gotta actually show up for the date...

You'll have to meet lots and lots of girls to find one that is truly interested. Good luck!

Reaction score
Good points on the tests, Wht.

Grade, indeed, you approach it systematically like this:

Test 1: She's receptive to you when you approach (positive body language, laughs at your jokes, even if they're lame, listens to you attentively, answers your questions enthousastically). If she fails this test, NEXT immediately. Don't ask the phone number or e-mailaddress, she's not interested in you.

Test 2: She gives you her phone number or e-mailaddress when you tell her to (note that you can get a girl to pass test 2 without her really passing test 1). If she fails this test, NEXT immediately. Say goodbye politely and be gone. She liked the talk and the attention, but it ends there.

Test 3: She answers your phone call or e-mail and engages in some chatter with you over either medium. If she's doesn't answer the phone the first time, she does pick up when you call a second time a day or two days later at a different time. If she fails this test, NEXT immediately. She gave you the number for a variety of reasons, the prime one being not interested in you. Take no crap from anyone and don't be desperate and clueless.

Test 4: She accepts your date offer. If she can't make it on the day you suggest, she makes you a counteroffer. If she fails this test, NEXT immediately. Don't waste your time being friends if she won't see you.

Test 5: She shows up for the date. If she's over 10 minutes late or detained, she texts or calls you to let you know (she better have a good reason to be detained). If she fails this test, NEXT immediately. If she's over 10 minutes late and doesn't inform you, keep on the lookout for similar behaviour on the very next date. NEXT immediately if it occurs again. Don't be taken for granted.

Test 6: She shows consistent positive body language on the date, laughs at your jokes (even the lame ones), listens to you, answers your questions enthousastically, flaps her gums more than you do. If she fails thist test, NEXT immediately. Most likely she's bored and using you for her entertainment, or a complete dud stuck in her head. Trust me, you can't fix people too much in their head and they'll only claim "that's how I am" when you ask them. Let her find someone else to do the talking for her then, that's not what you want.

Test 7: She still talks to you after the first date. She accepts a second date offer. And a third. A fourth. And so forth. If she fails this test by flaking on you or declining a second, third or consecutive date offer without a return offer (because she's busy on the day you suggest for example), then NEXT immediately. She's not really interested and has had her little attention fix from you by now.

Test 8: She shows consistent respectful behaviour towards you on the dates. If she fails thist test, the first time you MAY chalk it up to something going on with her that the next time might be gone. She may even apologize for it. However, realize that behaviour now is indicative of worse to come, as people are on their best during dates. If she can't at least do that, beware. So, NEXT immediately is what I advise, but your mileage may vary.

Sample all women you lay your eyes on in this systematic way. It'll eliminate your feelings of desire that might drag you down into AFCness. In time, it'll become natural to you (it should, anyway. don't allow yourself to become a robot).

Is there a test 9? Not really. Test 8 is kind of repetitive, all the way down into the casual-sexual or serious relationship. Respect for you and accomodating behaviour is what you're looking for. Of course, don't forget to return the courtesy without being needy and possesive. Fun is the keyword.

Of course this test list is indicative and not authoritive. Your mileage and preferences may somewhat vary. Feel free to modify it to suit your style.

Again, good luck and remember that you create it. :up:

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post alexander.

Test 1: She's receptive to you when you approach (positive body language, laughs at your jokes, even if they're lame, listens to you attentively, answers your questions enthousastically). If she fails this test, NEXT immediately. Don't ask the phone number or e-mailaddress, she's not interested in you.
If I've been talking with a girl, I go for the number. Some girls are quite shy, some girls are nervous, and many girls HIDE their interest. I just go for the number. Always.

Reaction score
WhtRbt said:
If I've been talking with a girl, I go for the number. Some girls are quite shy, some girls are nervous, and many girls HIDE their interest. I just go for the number. Always.
Thanks Wht.

And you're right. I just spilled that #1 test without really giving it a second thought. Many girls hide their interest indeed, wether they be shy or careful or whatnot. Let's revise it:

Test 1: She's receptive to you when you approach (positive body language, laughs at your jokes, even if they're lame, listens to you attentively, answers your questions with some enthousiasm). Remember however that some girls, if not most, hide their interest. Out of shyness, carefulness or simply because they don't want to appear needy or eager (just like you, Tiger!). So, there's no real failing this test since you can't be sure. Proceed to the next test, #2.