"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Help me get my place ready for her first visit...

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
I've been dating this girl long-distance for the past 4 months. she's about 2hrs away, and I've always driven up to see her. I often work out of town so it's been most convenient for me to go to her. She's always wanted to come to my city and meet my friends and family and now that I'm on vacation for the holidays she's going to come down for the first time in a couple days. My place is pretty average(live with a roomate....very plain and simple because I hardly spend any time at home).

I really want to show her a good time when she gets down here and I'd like to know what kind of things I should have in my place for when she comes down. What can I do/show/have to impress her a bit even if my place is not the nicest? Is there a checklist of essentials? Anything that I shouldn't have? Let me know. Thanks.

M.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Definitly want to have an extra tooth brush. Plus have extra towel's cleaned because chicks love the use them for their hair after a warm shower! This is of course if you get far!

Also keep mouthwash handy and basically scrub your bathroom CLEAN.

And go grocery shopping! Wine, Coke, bottled water and breakfast foods are a must. You also might want to think about picking up a few magazines to throw around here and there.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
...make sure the cheesy posters in your bedroom are taken down, you don't want her thinking she's dating a 14 year-old.

Clean up the place, girls notice stuff like dust on top of things, vacume, etc.

Come up with a couple dishes you can make, even if you have to try them ahead of time. Chicks dig guys who cook and serve them an entire meal.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
I believe there's a pretty good article in the DJ bible about this. Go look it up.


Basically.

* Clean bathroom.

* vaccum the place.

* Clean kitchen and clean dishes.

* Fully stocked fridge. Wine (red and white), water, soda, beer (regular and lite), Ice cream, cookies, popcorn, you know the kind of stuff.

You obviously don't have time to go out and buy stuff for your apartment - but this is the kind of thing a DJ should be PREPARED for......

Also, as long as your place is clean - if she likes you - your in.
 
Top