Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help me get a prom date?

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people make a big deal about prom. They overexaggerate the entire purpose of it. Guys get sucked into asking in a "cute" way, but why? Why can't we all do it the way Jason Biggs does in American Pie and just go up to the chick and ask, "Go to prom with me?" No, no, that over simplification is probably too hard for both women and men to compromise on. My problem is getting a date.

There's one girl I have in mind. She's a sophomore, I'm a junior. She has a reputation for being sort of slutty, but she's hot and nice so why not? I just got her number the other day and I'll tell you guys how. My friend was texting her (They're friends) and she stopped texting him, so he gave me her number to text her to see if she would text me back. Her phone ended up being dead and she didn't save my number so she didn't text me back the next day. Today, she ran up to me and told me what happened and asked me to give her my number and to text her. The thing is, is that I don't know her all THAT well. She's a sophomore though, so that increases my chances. I don't really know what to do now tho.

I really don't have many female friends, and the ones I do have all have dates. I have one main group with girls but they're all taken. I need to figure something out

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is your ultimate goal to date her or to have her for the prom?

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I understand your issue with prom. Hell, I went to an all boys parochial school in New Orleans and prom was a major issue. If you weren't at prom you better have a damn good excuse (death in the family, illness, hospitalized, etc.) that your peers know about. Otherwise they'd assume that you didn't show up because you don't have a date. The following Monday, you'd be the laughing stock of the class, if not the school!

You should understand that the most beautiful women get taken the quickest. Since you're in Athens, GA, ever thought to ask any women from the UGA Bulldogs? Hell, I dated a college girl for my Junior prom and she was a 10! Maybe you should try it? If you want to ask this girl to go, you need to go on and just do it like Nike! If not, don't be surprised when she tells you she already has a date!

The above paragraph should help you figure something out.

Case closed. Post a follow up.

Igetit!

Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
If you want to ask this girl to go, you need to go on and just do it like Nike! If not, don't be surprised when she tells you she already has a date!
Yeah,I agree with Nismo.

JUST DO IT MAN. Just pull her over to the side at the end of the school day one day and ask her to the prom.

A couple of points first.....

Now Jokerisk,remember...women are EMOTIONAL.

What do I mean by that? What I mean is that they're sensitive to emotion.

If you're around a girl,and you're feeling an emotion and you express it strongly enough,she'll feel it too.

So WHEN you do invite her to the prom,DO NOT be nervous,anxious,sweating and scared.

If you do,(since she's emotional),she'll pick up on the nervous energy you're giving off,and she'll feel pressured to say yes because she'll see how much it means to you.

She'll see how nervous and frightened you are,then she'll FEEL like she HAS TO SAY YES,not because she wants to,but in order NOT to HURT YOU.

Don't do that man. If you do,you'll probably get the friends speech.

Just do it. Screw all the getting nervous and scared,screw all the "what if she says no?" thoughts and/or and other thoughts running through your head.

Screw ALL THAT. Blast through all the possible scenarios in your mind and just DO IT.

I'd say your best chance at getting her to say yes would be a combination of bluntness,boldness,directness,a little vulnerableness,and a bit of playfulness.

Put it all together,and a conversation containing all this would go something like this....

you:Hey (her name),what are you up to?
her: (Whatever she says)
you: That's cool. Hey look,the prom is next (whatever day),and I WANT you to be MY date. Don't worry,I won't keep you out all night. The prom starts at 9pm (or whatever time),so I should have you home by...I don't know...3:30,4 oclock.

Just come straght out and say it ALL TOGETHER like that.

If she gives you some flack,like if she says,"I don't know",then come back at her with something like,"You don't know? Hmm. Ok,how about this....

"What if I promise to be a gentleman for the first 30 minutes of the prom"?

She'll be shocked. :D

You said that you hardly know this girl,right? That's actually a good thing. If she's not familiar with you as well,then this is your BEST CHANCE to shed that "always clowning around" image and have this girl take you seriously.

Since she's new,you can START OUT being serious and have her take you serious when you ask her out.

But you've got to come strong man. You can't be like,"Umm...umm...excuse me....(her name)....umm...I hate to bother you,but I was wondering if...if maybe you'd possibly like to go to the prom with me...if you're not busy or anything".

You can't do that. She'll INSTANTLY "sense" the fear,the nervousness coming off you and it'll be over with before you even finish your sentence.

Be cool,be strong,be direct. Be relaxed. Just come straight out and say it.

"Hey,the prom is (whenever) and I WANT to take you with ME."

Just flat out say it. If she says no,say ok,then ask someone else.

Don't build this thing up in your mind,like her saying yes or no is some POWERFUL,LIFE CHANGING experience.

It's just a date dude. That's all.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
It's just a date dude. That's all.
And to further elaborate upon this... it's just prom.
I know prom is made out to be this magnificent event that has to be picture perfect and all that jazz... but for me, it was over-hyped and I had a GREAT time at mine.

I just think that anything at college pretty much blew prom away.

And you said you are a junior... NOT a senior. So it's really not even that big of a deal. Just enjoy it.

And follow Igetit's! plan to a TEE.

Go get her, tiger.