Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help me cure my phobias :(

Blinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright Just wondered if you guys new any tips on getting over phobias .. I have a few and thought it's time too finally do somit about them.

So the 1st one is, and maybe is one of the most annoying ones ;) I bet most of u'll will laugh at it though, but thing is I have a phobia bout shopping and I don't know what too do bout it, it's mainly clothes shopping,..I just can't go in a clothes shop on my own, I don't know why not! .. I mean i'm really into fashion and it really pisses me off that I can only wear stuff that i've a) ordered ..b) someones brought for me... c) or that i've brought while ive gone shopping with someone else..

Any help :eek:

Cheers Alex

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you sure that is a phobia, sounds more like a prefrence ie you dont like to, but you are nto actuly scared to are you? you just dont do it right? because i dont tend to either i rather not to because i dont know which shops are best to go to lol i just go to debenhams, but im not scared to go alone.

Blinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
are you sure that is a phobia, sounds more like a prefrence ie you dont like to, but you are nto actuly scared to are you? you just dont do it right? because i dont tend to either i rather not to because i dont know which shops are best to go to lol i just go to debenhams, but im not scared to go alone.

yeah it must be , cause I always want too go in a buy some things but I'm not able too make myself go in,.. if i do go in I feel ill and get hot and just i dunno wanna get out as soon as possible,..similar too if i saw a spider and i had too pick it up , i wouldnt be able too

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blinky
yeah it must be , cause I always want too go in a buy some things but I'm not able too make myself go in,.. if i do go in I feel ill and get hot and just i dunno wanna get out as soon as possible,..similar too if i saw a spider and i had too pick it up , i wouldnt be able too
then maybe its a phobia, try delaing with it in stages, like go in to the shop, with no intention to buy anytihng or look at it, just to walk in and the next day look at clothes the day after find somtinhg you like the day after you buy it.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you are experiencing some type of social phobia, regarding shopping for cloths. Find out what exectly scares you?

a) When you go shopping does it bother you when you have to talk to the sales-people on the floor?

B) do you feel like you can't choose or don't know what to buy due to the large selection in the store?

c) do you feel you are not cool enough and people are judging you by the way you dress,walk,talk and purchase?

If any of the above bothers you then there are ways to improve your social phobia.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Only way to get over a fear is to face it.

Grow some balls you pvssy.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For b you might want to write down what is it exectly you need that day. Women often just go shopping and whatever they see is nice they buy, even if its cost alot of money. You don't want to do that.

Lets say you want to buy a sweater, you need to write down 2 stores you are going to go that you know sells nice sweaters. Then you need to figure out how much money you are willing to spend eg somewhere between $35-$75 (or whatever an average cost for a nice sweater where you come from). When you go to the store, go directly to the sweater area and focus your search there, ignore the urge to buy something else in the store. If a salesperson asks you if you need any help just tell them nicely" no thanks I am just looking". Find 2-3 sweaters you like and go to the change room to try them on. If you like them then buy them, if you think you don't really like them, then don't buy them, leave them in the change room. You should be done in 15-30 mins tops per store.

As for C, don't think about other people but what you need. Its often true that people will treat you nicer and will give you more respect, if you dress yourself in good threads as well. Try to be more relaxed when shopping and not someone who needs to get out now because of a ticking time bomb.

It is often true that we project our own fears onto other people and therefore they treat us accordingly.

Nobody really cares what you buy anyway, people have much more important things to do in their life then worry about you, and if you feel you are being snickered at then know that those people are real losers and are only doing that to make themselves feel better about their own shortcoming.

Also low self esteem should tell you that you need to increase your confidence and live a happy life. There are other articles on this site to help you.