Help: I want Strength! Pure Strength Only!

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about Diesal who can help me with Strength, I've never seen Diesal talking about getting stronger but Viroid! Help! I need pure strength for sport and mostly martial art (street fighting and boxing). So please tell me where to start... don't just give me links, please provide some info!

Eltosian

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are a beginner, I'd pick up Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline, The Weightlifting Encyclopedia by Arthur Dreschler(sp?) and Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik. You might also want to check out deapsquatter.com, dragondoor.com, drsquat.com, etc.

Essentially, training heavy and keeping the reps below 6 are good guidelines. For hypertrophy, do more relatively heavy low-rep sets. For neurological strength increases, something like 3x3 is good. Also depends on your age and experience. Please describe your situation.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh... I am 17 yrs. old, my max bench is about 70. I have been lifting for at lease 2 yrs. and I'm skinny but cut up. I just want strength for my look, some say I don't look like what I look like.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KiLLer:
Uh... I am 17 yrs. old, my max bench is about 70. I have been lifting for at lease 2 yrs. and I'm skinny but cut up. I just want strength for my look, some say I don't look like what I look like.
You must be very skinned right? You need to eat man!!! Who cares about being cutted up when you wanna gain strenght?
Either you don't know what you want or your lying about your desired outcome in the gym.
Basically, if you want to gain strenght or mass you need to eat a lot (check D's post).
There's now way you can get big or strong if you don't eat.

DJKondor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mansfield woodhouse, nottinghamshire, england
the key to strenght is technique, and muscles ofcourse

------------------
"The body without a soul is no longer at the sacrifice. At the day of death it comes to rebirth. The divine spirit will make the soul rejoice seeing the eternity of the world." Nostradamus

Confident
Charasmatic
Classy
Collected
Ambitious

aim:kondor666
msn:Kondor666@hotmail.com

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You people don't get what I mean. What I want is I want power for my smallest size. I can't buy anything right now because I just bought some weights. What I need is information and difference between strength building and body building.

Aiken
I eat alot, gained weight lately, just can't hold on to the schedule so I decided to go for strength.

DJKondor
I know, it applies in every "lifting" class.

[This message has been edited by KiLLer (edited 11-14-2002).]

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
google search

"Westside Barbell Club."

You may also want to see if there are any local Olympic Lifting clubs in your area.

D

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But did you quitted bodybuilding & switched to power lifting because of the eating schedule? I know, it is a pain in the ass, but it's not THAT strict as it sounds.
You can get away with eating 4 meals & having some protein snacks in between.

Power lifting does not requires the level of commitment in the diet department as bb, but you still need to eat a lot or you won't gain strenght, it's not the easy way out, I assure you.

Eltosian

Don Juan
Reaction score
70lb. Max Bench!? Sorry, but almost any routine should improve that number! How much do you weigh?

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eltosian
You think that's light but for me it's too heavy. I may be pathetic in your eyes but I think I'm quite good.

I weigh 110-115 lb.

Diesel
I can't afford anything now. I said that.
But thanks, I'll think of a way.

Aiken_Drum
Right now, the biggest pressure is strength.
I have the look of a man who can bench 100 lb. but doesn't have the strength. People say I look strong but don't have the actual strength. I feel like I hit my limit.

So just want to know what's a good routine or info. Seems like most site focus on bodybuilding.
Well can one of you make a SAMPLE routine? Thanks.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, your stuck in the same bench number because you need to eat more. You can't gain strenght if you don't eat.

College_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
KiLLer, your best bet for getting a routing that will make you stronger while keeping the size gains to a minimum is by going to a site like drsquat.com which is centered around powerlifting and asking on their forum. I used to powerlift and I'm a small guy. I will tel you that no matter what you do, as long as you are lifting, you will gain some size as you get stronger...thats just a fact of life. And you need to eat. I used to eat like crazy...couldn't get much of it to stick, but it definately helped me. The only time I cut back on the eating was when a meet was coming up.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
Again, your stuck in the same bench number because you need to eat more. You can't gain strenght if you don't eat.
Does it matter of what I eat?
I'm a skinny boy and shouldn't be picky. I plan to eat everything on my path.

Eltosian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eltosian
You think that's light but for me it's too heavy. I may be pathetic in your eyes...

I weigh 110-115 lb.
Exactly, you can't even bench your bodyweight!

Aiken_Drum
Right now, the biggest pressure is strength.
I have the look of a man who can bench 100 lb.
I know girls your size that bench around 130 lbs! I don't see what the "look of a man who benches 100 lbs" is.

Aiken_Drum
So just want to know what's a good routine or info. Seems like most site focus on bodybuilding.
Well can one of you make a SAMPLE routine? Thanks.
You are a beginner. Submaximal (around 60-80% 1RM) weights will work wonders. I like doing 5 sets of 3 for some of my exercises, but I follow many different set/rep schemes. Coaching a Weightlifter is a science, but it is also an art.

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
recently ive been really busy with school and girls, and i havent had any time to go to the gym, BUT

i have been eating a lot of foods with protein (meats, shakes) and every day i would do about 100 push ups (all the way down so my chin could touch the floor)

i was surprised when i went to the gym on thursday, and my bench increased by 15lbs...just a little tip that i had

BigManB69

Banned
Reaction score
Killer is obviously a troll. He doesnt want to take any advice and all he does is BS about how he wants to get really, really strong without doing sh*t for himself.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah.. what the hell??

A guy with the look of someone that can bench 100 lbs??

I curl more than 100 lbs.
I can tricep extend more than 100 lbs...

100 lbs isn't even a warm up dude...

realistic max bench for yoU?? if you've been lifting 2 years?? your max should be something like 150... easy.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to get strong? Lift.
You want to get big? Lift.
You want to raise your natural testosterone levels? Lift.
You want to get into shape? Lift.
You want to get healthier? Lift.

You want to get strong, stay small, be healthy, get into shape, and keep your testosterone levels to your default? Dream.

You want to look great naked!? Fat chance.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh killer, you obviously aren't trying all that hard if you can only bench 70 pounds now. My friend Don (last name isn't Juan) benches 245, and he's been lifting for 2 years, and is about 5'0 and weighs about 115. And when he first started out, he couldn't even bench the bar.