Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help Fitch's aspirations become possible!

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is 12:45 a.m. at the moment. I am overwhelmed with sleepiness, thus I will keep this brief.

I need to improve my grades, increase my knowledge -- to be the best that I can be.

I lack disipline. Should I play video games or shouldn't I? Should I rather focus on studying and reading -- shunning video games?

This desire to play video games is a want. So I succumb to the desire. Or DO what I MUST do?

What schedule should I follow? etc, etc.

My aspiration is to become a lawyer. That being said, I must improve my writing/reading.

- Should I drop video gaming all together replacing it with reading
- The other questions are stated above*

*Note: Take the liberty of adding your own advice.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing how this is the Mature Man forum and you've ask such a mature question. I'll give you a mature answer.

Grow up.

Vids are fun but if they are f'ing with your life then you need to give your head a shake.

AIR-PILOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fitch
It is 12:45 a.m. at the moment. I am overwhelmed with sleepiness, thus I will keep this brief.

I need to improve my grades, increase my knowledge -- to be the best that I can be.

I lack disipline. Should I play video games or shouldn't I? Should I rather focus on studying and reading -- shunning video games?

This desire to play video games is a want. So I succumb to the desire. Or DO what I MUST do?

What schedule should I follow? etc, etc.

My aspiration is to become a lawyer. That being said, I must improve my writing/reading.

- Should I drop video gaming all together replacing it with reading
- The other questions are stated above*

*Note: Take the liberty of adding your own advice.
Dude are you sure you want to be a lawyer? Where is the motivation? You seem to like Video Games more. The hardest thing to studying is the start, once you start then you won't stop. How old are you? Yeah man I was the same way, I loved playing my PS2, going out late, hanging out with friends, chicks etc etc. But once I knew my goal, I got motivated and let those things go. Have Fun, but concentrate on your goal...BECOMING A LAWYER. Video games won't get you anywhere.
How bout this...
Set a Schedule for yourself.
Studying 2 hours
Video Games 1 hour
Back to studying etc etc.
That usually always helps, keep the schedule. Almost like a DJ BOOTCAMP.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Help Fitch's aspirations become possible!

Originally posted by AIR-PILOT
Dude are you sure you want to be a lawyer? Where is the motivation? You seem to like Video Games more. The hardest thing to studying is the start, once you start then you won't stop. How old are you? Yeah man I was the same way, I loved playing my PS2, going out late, hanging out with friends, chicks etc etc. But once I knew my goal, I got motivated and let those things go. Have Fun, but concentrate on your goal...BECOMING A LAWYER. Video games won't get you anywhere.
How bout this...
Set a Schedule for yourself.
Studying 2 hours
Video Games 1 hour
Back to studying etc etc.
That usually always helps, keep the schedule. Almost like a DJ BOOTCAMP.
I was a bit vague I admit. I do have a schedule akin to the one you gave me. In fact, stricter. Less games, more studying. Games have been restricted to weekends; late at night -- when I finish everything planned for that day.

What is in question is whether I should drop gaming all together and do something more constructive.

BELIEVE me, I AM VERY motivated to practice law. I particpate in anything which entails debates, politics, etc.

My work ethics are in question. Not my motivation.

Slickster:
Seeing how this is the Mature Man forum and you've ask such a mature question. I'll give you a mature answer.
Can you, please, explain your reasoning behind this opinion?

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have reached my decision. When I get back from the gym I will make a thread dedicated to it.

I will include the link. Expect it around: 8-9pm

BlaKTooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
if the games aren't messing with you.....keep playing them!

Fun is way too underrated :cool:

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will post the thread in this sub-section of the forum: "The Mature Man."

keep your eye out.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matter of fact, I will post it here.

To keep the long story short I decided to ditch video games. There is so much more that i can do.

I will take on the challenge of Weapons of Mass Seduction.

In reference to no COMPUTER use. Expect homework, studying... along that line.

I planned to write an anology of the changes, however, I rather just get down to action.

I will incorporate this analogy into the story I am writing.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At some point, you hav eto come to terms with the hidden truththat some things that you want don't have a pleasant path. That it may not feel good to do what you have to do to get there and you may not like process.

I call it a hidden truth because a lot of people don't know this. Some will even give you bad advice, like "do what you love, don't do it if you don't like it.." While there's some truth to that morally, it certainly isn't good advice.

Do you like taking the garbage out? Do you like working out? How about getting up and going to work/school?

These are all things that are good for you, but aren't fun.

I hope to save you a few years of turning around in circles, trying to be successful without the resquisite work by telling you this. Then you don't have to go through short-lived phases of "discipline" and whatnot. You'll always know that you don't like doing some things, but you'll remind yourself of the reward that they entail.

By the way, this thread is in the wrong section.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you, please, explain your reasoning behind this opinion?.
Yeah Fitch.

Being addicted to vids is kinda childish don't ya think? Everyone loves playing them, but if its causing you problems then that's kinda silly.

If you wanna argue about whether video games are mature or not just for kids then give'r. That's not really my point but one thing is for sure. I hope you're never my lawyer.

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i cant believe i read this post.
i better get back to my video games and quit wasting time !

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Help Fitch's aspirations become possible!

Originally posted by Fitch
I was a bit vague I admit. I do have a schedule akin to the one you gave me. In fact, stricter. Less games, more studying. Games have been restricted to weekends; late at night -- when I finish everything planned for that day.

What is in question is whether I should drop gaming all together and do something more constructive.

BELIEVE me, I AM VERY motivated to practice law. I particpate in anything which entails debates, politics, etc.

My work ethics are in question. Not my motivation.

Slickster:

Can you, please, explain your reasoning behind this opinion?
Please, READ!

I HAVE CONTROL. The issue at question is: Should I play video games, in general??

Furthermore -- as posted in a earlier response made by me -- I already made my decision. I quit gaming, forever. So far it has been 4 days.

Attorney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck.