"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Help a lost DJ back

Davey A

New Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Hey guys. I used to post here a good amount under a different name, but fell out of it after I became involved in a LTR (that ended badly, lol). I'm back doin' the single game again, and am pretty excited about it actually.

Now, on to the issue. Forgive the newbie-esque question, but I feel somewhat lost when it comes to this kinda thing now (a few weeks and I'll be back on my feet though, heh).

I met this smokin' hot HB at mt friend's place the other night. We made some small talk out on the balcony for a few minutes, and she ended up tellin' me to come down to the bar she works at (shot girl, carries around a tray of shots in little neon test tube things). So, I tell my roomate I'm gonna buy him a drink for him giving his girl the engagement ring, and head down to the bar. She sees me, and seems excited that I showed up. I bought a shot from her for my roommate and I, and made small talk with her for a minute.

I told her I didn't get a chance to get her # the night before. She got all embarassed looking, and said "Y'know, I'm not supposed to give out my # at work, but I'll give it to you". So, I say I'll call her soon, and she says "You better!".

She seemed to have good body language when we were talking - facing me, eye contact, danced around in fornt of me a bit making eye contact as she walked passed, etc. Given all that, I think her interest level is high (enough).

I wanna go get to know this girl this week, and I know its always better to have a plan for what you're going to do instead of playing the, "what do you wanna do?" game on the phone. I was thinking go get a cup of coffee, and maybe sometihng else, prefereably active or exciting. Is goin' out to a bar after a coffee date overkill? What else (if anything) do you guys think would be a good first date for a DJ just gettin' back into things? (Keep in mind, I live in a mountainous area, and it's damn cold outside, heh.)
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Dude! she works in a bar and you want to take her to a bar??? HUH???? Why?

Do a fun activity - anything but a bar - do something unique - ice skating?
 

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
I agree, anything but a bar. At least, anything but that bar.
 

Davey A

New Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Haha, good point. I thought about that, but didn't really put the 2 and 2 together. Hey, it was late when I posted, and I was tired, lol.


Ice Skating sounds like a good idea PRL... Anyone else got something good up their sleeve?
 
Top