Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hello I need some advice on style/clothing

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been working hard to turn my luck around with women/life in general. The other day I noticed I need work as far as my wardrobe. I am 26 years old and the Rock T shirt/Plain Jeans/Tennis-Running shoes doesn't work. I used to not think much of it but I realize its holding me back and even my mom has been telling me for years to dress more sensibly rather then a highschool punk.

I don't have the kind of money to throw around at stuff like Hugo Boss but am looking to dress more sophisticated. The goal is to like presentable and respectable. Mostly I need help with footwear. The good thing is I don't need new clothes to mask any sort of inadequacy or anything, just accentuate my new state of mind. Sort of like out with the old, in with a new.

For starters I bought a new black Trenchcoat the other day. It looks very nice but I will probably only be able to wear it in the fall when it's more colder out. I'm looking for a new leather jacket as well since the one I got is kind of old.

I'm looking to sort of have my own style and don't really want to look like most people my age. I don't really like the prep-polo shirt type look.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeans, t-shirt, cool tennis shoes is fine.

Accension

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fertileTurtle said:
Jeans, t-shirt, cool tennis shoes is fine.
Boring.

Sense of style comes down to individual bias, it isn't a universal concept.
How ever, I do remember a teacher about your age.
The guy dressed trendy with one gold earing, had the flat cap to the side-look, skater shoes, smart jeans and a polo.

It was perfect.
In that it wasn't over done to be a man dressing like a teenager but it wasn't boring like your average man at the same time.

As a result this guy, this average looking guy; would have all the teenage girls hitting on him and getting plenty of smiles from female teachers too.

I'm thinking, yeah pea-coc7 a little.
Get an eye-brow piercing, wear a colourful shirt, buy a shiny necklace.
What ever, just stand out.

I'm not a fashion guro but just find something you like that won't blend you in with every other 26 year old, at the same time don't over do it.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Accension said:
Boring.

Sense of style comes down to individual bias, it isn't a universal concept.
How ever, I do remember a teacher about your age.
The guy dressed trendy with one gold earing, had the flat cap to the side-look, skater shoes, smart jeans and a polo.

It was perfect.
In that it wasn't over done to be a man dressing like a teenager but it wasn't boring like your average man at the same time.

As a result this guy, this average looking guy; would have all the teenage girls hitting on him and getting plenty of smiles from female teachers too.

I'm thinking, yeah pea-coc7 a little.
Get an eye-brow piercing, wear a colourful shirt, buy a shiny necklace.
What ever, just stand out.

I'm not a fashion guro but just find something you like that won't blend you in with every other 26 year old, at the same time don't over do it.
No, I'll agree with you to a point here. Look at how pimps dress. They look like fvcking retards with their weird feathered hats and furry clothes and multiples chains and rings and funny pointed shoes. They gets a lot of attention and it works for them. But I just go with what fits my style. I can't do the peacoc well unless I'm on a roll, but I just do it for fun. Of course, I don't pull poon like a pimp either.

ksmith798

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many girls you will pick up in a black trench coat unless they like the bad boy type because they will probably think you are going to take them on a heist.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha very good, or maybe an agent. I will take out my shoe phone.
I will pick up more than enough but I didn't buy the T-coat for girls though, I bought it partly because of my job and because I am always in the downtown financial area where people dress that way. I really need to upgrade my outside of work attire. Need a more appropriate look.

I generally wear leather jackets. I think those are cool.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fashion is a category in it of itself and in my personal opinion is its own artform since everyone looks different and has certain preferences, this is something you’ll be playing around with for quite some time. I mean look at women, they buy new clothes every week almost and it’s a constant thing for them to refine their wardrobe. I mean obviously you don’t want to go to that extreme.

I was pretty lucky, the wardrobe people on the show decked me and it was all free. I’d suggest just going to macy’s or what not and just asking the sales people there for advice, or if you have a girl that’s a good friend, consult her. Girls typically have way better advice on this topic than men do.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to be more observant, take note of what guys are wearing around you. We could give you a list of things you should wear but you probably wouldn't feel comfortable in them. Even worse, you might drop serious cash on something collecting dust in the closet. Just take a look around.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a general idea the problem is finding the right shops that aren't super high end. Where do you guys normally shop for your clothes?

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zara is a pretty good shop if you want to dress stylish but not too expensive.