"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned by a DJ

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
Man, the DJ stuff is powerful. I have just witnessed its effects.

I've been seeing a Russian girl for a while (see my previous thread 'HB gets weird after sex').

Although I liked her I wasn't mad about her and didn't see much LTR potential. She had shown some red flags so I had put her on 'next row' for a while. Finally last night the sentence got passed.

We went out for a meal and I was pretty sure 'the talk' was coming, but I wasn't expecting what I got. She basically ripped my character to threads, attacking every aspect of DJ behaviour I had shown, eg:

'You are totally inconsistent' - ie, I don't regularly call her or pester her or send her flowers and chocolates like she kept hinting she wanted.

'You never compliment me' - not true - I had just kept the compliments to a minimum and not showered her like an AFC

'You think I am not good enough for you - who the hell do you think you are - Brad Pitt?' - this was because I had said although I liked her, I didn't think our personalities were suited to an LTR.

So I just calmly said 'you've made your feelings clear. I'm going to to walk you to your bus stop now'. (we had originally planned to go back to my place.).

This seemed to completely throw her and she became all nice, saying 'oh please, please don't just walk away, please stay for one more drink'. So stupidly I did. Then she came out with the killer:

'Even though you are treating me this way it just makes me want you more, I can't understand it - I just want to f*ck your brains out...even if you don't want to see me again can we go back to your place?'

Now at first I thought no, but then thought what the hell.

This is all just to show the awesome power of the DJ principles. I'm not particularly proud of this episode but it just shows how womens' minds work.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
4
Age
44
Location
Scotland
She sounds slightly unstable...lol
This reminds me of an episode from Coupling (UK comedy) called Flushed, in which Steve was trying to dump Jane. EVerytime he tried to give her the talk she "suggested" sex, or mentioned she was wearing stockings, and as a last resort said she was sleeping with another women, all of which instantly made Steve lose his resolve.
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
Yep. She showed me more red flags than a communist rally.

You're right though. Women WILL use sex to manipulate men. Generally they do this by witholding it, but if this doesn't work, they will go to the other extreme and offer it to you just when you've reestablished control.
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Originally posted by Austin Allegro
Yep. She showed me more red flags than a communist rally.

That's gold! :D
 

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Location
EVERYWHERE!!
sex.... its our weakeness..
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
That is funny. She sounds abit unstable but that is how most women act.
 

Belgium_Freak

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
here is a good response if she says : who do you think you are, brad pitt ?

You : you think brad pitt is going to want you ?
 

juaneo

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I remember those old Austin Allegro's, a mate of mine used to have a 1750 sport which he sprayed metallic purple, what a machine!!

You're right! If you apply the DJ ways correctly it will drive women crazy.

I heard from a friend of my last girlfriend that she used to complain about how she never knew where she stood with me. She never knew whether I was that interested in her or not, but I used to call her and ask her out so I must have been interested to a point.

She also said that apart from that the sex was great :D !!

The bottom line was I was never that interested in her so I was a DJ with her naturally. The real challenge as to whether you are a true DJ is when you meet a girl that you actually think is cool, keeping those nice guy instincts in check can be VERY hard.

I have lost a couple of girls by turning in to a wussy and telling them how I felt about them, usually after a couple of beers though. Doh!!

Keep up the good work Austin. :cool:
 
Top