Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Height

netsfan

Reaction score
Hii, just a random question though... I'm about 5'5 tall and a lot of my friends are like 5'8 - 6' tall.. whenever i'm around them and girls i lose confidence cause i'm shorter... and it always feels like they stand out more cause of there height...

Lately i read up on some internet sites like www.heightmax.com and others, i'm just wondering if anyone knows whetehr or not these work, and if they're safe.. i'm only 17 and i still think i might be able to grow...Any advice would be appreciated!

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone 'growing' on those things... unless they were still in there teen years and inde probabaly a growth spirt anyways.... Not the things

I get scared cause I'm too tall... I"m 5'9... Normaly people areound me are either my height or shorter... specially women... so it wierd being high.... just ignore it.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same problem, untill i grew like 4 inches my junior year.

I used to let it get to me, but it doesn't really matter.

Remember you stand out more cause your different, not by being the same, so use that to your advantage.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every girl I've had relationships with was taller then me. It's your game not your height. Some girls lead themselves to beleive taller is more protective, but as far as I know I'm stronger then 95% of the people at my gym, and I'm half their height. Don't worry about it.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce Lee was only 5'7" and weighed about 125lbs...

:cool:

SoonToBeDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone else has already said it, make standing out to your advantage, because really thats what you want. If you have read articles and tips on this site they will tell you that if you and your friends go out and your clothes are a totally different style its better because it makes you different and not the same as everyone else.

As far as height, don't let that phase you, if a girl wants to go out with you she wants to go out with you because you played your cards right and because she WANTS to go out with you. Not because your very tall or very short. Just don't go overboard and date girls wayy taller than you.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SoonToBeDJ
As someone else has already said it, make standing out to your advantage, because really thats what you want.

As far as height, don't let that phase you, if a girl wants to go out with you she wants to go out with you because you played your cards right and because she WANTS to go out with you. Not because your very tall or very short. Just don't go overboard and date girls wayy taller than you.
Great point. I'm short too, about 5'4 and a half, (shortest guy in my grade), and always have been. Before it really bothered me, as I was about a head shorter than the average guy in my grade. In grades 7-9 I could not walk around school for longer than a minute without someone making some sort of comment about my height. Still today, people don't believe me when I tell them I'm 17 and in Year 12. But now I'm only about 10cm or so shorter than the average guy, which is OK.

Sure it's annoying when guys 3 yrs younger than you pay you out for being short, but just don't worry about it. You are a DJ, or aspiring DJ, and all your skills will more than make up for your height disadvantage.

What would you rather be? A short DJ, or a tall AFC? I know what I want...

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height helps tremendously when it comes to interacting with other males. With females, height is a great asset, but then again, there are many other assets to account for.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are not short or tall... if you want to feel better, move to Asia.

My God... you "Don Juans" are as conscious about your height as you are about your penis size.

I'm not sure which is more irrelevant.

Extra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pfeile
Great point. I'm short too, about 5'4 and a half, (shortest guy in my grade), and always have been. Before it really bothered me, as I was about a head shorter than the average guy in my grade. In grades 7-9 I could not walk around school for longer than a minute without someone making some sort of comment about my height. Still today, people don't believe me when I tell them I'm 17 and in Year 12. But now I'm only about 10cm or so shorter than the average guy, which is OK.

Sure it's annoying when guys 3 yrs younger than you pay you out for being short, but just don't worry about it. You are a DJ, or aspiring DJ, and all your skills will more than make up for your height disadvantage.

What would you rather be? A short DJ, or a tall AFC? I know what I want...
Pfeile you just described my life up until the end of soph year. Between then and now I've grown about 8 inches. I was 5'1'' from 7-9 and then just got a huge growth spurt. I'm taller than alot of people now, but most of my friends are the same height or taller than me.

To the original poster, don't worry about it. As a couple of people have already said, what it really comes down to is your game not how tall you are. It just makes you stand out.

Macking101

Don Juan
Reaction score
It dont matter how tall you are man. One of my friends named Tony was probly around 5'4". This dude had the most confidence i have ever seen. He got us into the clubs at 17 years old, free alcohol and everything. And this was in a city we've never been to before. His confidence made him taller than everyone.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wether you are 6 foot or 3 foot. There is nothing you can do about it, get over it and stop feeling insecure.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Extra
Pfeile you just described my life up until the end of soph year. Between then and now I've grown about 8 inches. I was 5'1'' from 7-9 and then just got a huge growth spurt. I'm taller than alot of people now, but most of my friends are the same height or taller than me.
5'1 is pretty average in year 7, I was about 4'4 at that age. I grew a bit in 8, but had my growth spurt in years 9 and 10 mainly. I think I have stopped growing now.

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
THe group of guys i hang out with at school were al areound 5'7" when we were in only 6th grade, and we had a friendthat was about 5'2"-4" and we would make fun of him for being short even though he was pretty close to average then in 7th we got a dde that was half a head shorter than the guy we made fun of for being short, and we just kept making fun of the regular height kid anyway

Hmmm IM not saying that its cool too make fun of short people or anything, i just always found it funny how we made fun of him for being short when hew wasnt

Im about 6'0" and im going through a growth spurt right now, my othe friends are about as tall as me, but I have been working out alot with squats and military bench, anyone know if that can affect my height?