Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Heel pain...ways to alleviate?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Several years ago I got plantar fasciitis, but it went away after a long time. Recently I've overdone the treadmill, and now I'm getting heel pain, which feels like plantar fasciitis except more toward the right side of the heel.

It's the usual symptom... pain if I walk after resting for a while, stretching helps to a degree. Walking after waking up causes pain.

Anyone have any tips for healing the heel?

U

user43770

Comfortable soles? If you already have those, just try to stay off your feet. Obviously, you're going to have to walk, eventually. Just don't make a point of it.

Avoid the treadmill in the future and opt instead for the stationary bike or elliptical.

Running and walking take a toll on your feet; I mean, when your feet are constantly pounding against the ground... Not many people think about that.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have flat feet, so I have to remember walk on the outsides of my feet, to keep that from happening.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also double check for dry skin and cracking.

Feet are far away from the brain, so nerve impulses need to travel further, which can cause confusion.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Plantar usually effects runners, but you don’t mention that activity. If you do not run then professionally advised proper fitting shoes or orthotic inserts would be recommended to prevent reoccurrence.

yeah!

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was beset with plantar fasciitis for many years until recently. The cause was due to tight calf muscles and flat feet.

I have spent thousand of dollars on customised orthotic inserts. They work but it must be done right by a trained professional (just like dentistry). Well supporting shoes help a whole lot too.

Also, I stretch my calf muscles daily.

I have also found foam rollers to work especially well for loosening my calf muscles. I do it daily as well.

Now I can run 10 km weekly on rubber track without any recurrence or pain (touch wood!). I used to run far less than this and the pain would recur. This was before I started using foam rollers.

Hope this helps!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I'll put the suggestions into practice. I appreciate the input!