Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

healthy ways of releasing anger

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some healthy ways of releasing anger, because bottling it up is certainly unhealthy.

Working out I've found doesnt help me. It increases my adrenalin, which just can add to rage.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meditation and Tai Chi worked for me. That and riding my bike. Riding for forty or fifty miles tends to help me mellow out a bit.

XxGodJrxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
You must be REALLY angry if working out makes you angrier. Anger takes energy, just like depression, happiness, etc etc. If working out isn't enough for you, you can either do something more extreme, or you can make an effort to get rid of your anger and divert all that extra energy into something more productive.

The mere fact that you are posting this shows that you are screaming for help, since ANYBODY can tell you a million ways to release anger. Find your source of anger, then make it stop making you angry. The source of anger would most likely be something about yourself, so fix whatever it is about yourself that is making you angry. Once you have you won't put anymore holes in your walls with your fists (you KNOW you've thought about it).

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it's like stages. I'll have times where it's completely gone, I'm great. But then it'll try to creep back in and I'll shut it out. I just want some good ways to completely annihilate it.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking it out on a punch bag can actually make things worse like in your case. There was some research in the eighties about people hitting effigies of their boss to relieve tension. It just made things worse.

I used to get angry, mainly down to impatience and other people incompetence, then I realized getting angry in 99.9% of the times just doesn't help. You can only be in control of you.

Have you thought about what precedes your anger? Break the pattern by recognizing the pre-cursors and deciding an different response.

Usually, there is something under the surface, something that is bugging you but you haven't quite got a handle on it. Spend some quiet time contemplating this.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to go for runs. Couple miles until I was dead tired and could go sleep off my anger. Now I bike (like mentioned above).

Alexi

Ironager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Meditation and Tai Chi worked for me. That and riding my bike. Riding for forty or fifty miles tends to help me mellow out a bit.
Meditation works for me too, just relax and concentrate on your own breathing and heartbeat. In 10 minutes youll feel much better, the key is concentrating on the rythm.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play sports or soemthign competitive to cut the edge of, it works definitely. there you can be all aggressive you want without hurting anyone ...well try not to anyway ;)

slims999

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tool

Tool and other such Prog Metal bands have helped me a million times over with releasing anger... They have great music that lets you yell and sing... It's wonderful.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in florida, but now that it's winter it occasionally dips to about 40 at night. I put on a pair of shorts and go run a few miles if I've been cooped up all day inside doing physics labs or whatever, it's great stress relief.

XxGodJrxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that I forgot to say before that worked great for me in high school was writing. If I was angry, I made up some characters and put my emotion into a short story or a poem or whatever. Once I had typed it and printed it out, whatever negative emotion I had was gone. If physical exercise is making you want to kill something, then do something else to catharte your anger.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything that lets you make contact, the anger is actually like moved from you to the object.

There are FOUR ways in which you can naturally get rid of anger: hands, feet, mouth and screaming.

- Chopping wood for 15 mins a day with an axe
- Punching and kicking a bag
- Football/soccer
- Etc

Something like swimming or jogging will lower your stress levels but it won't reduce anger.

... For example, did you notice that really angry people will stomp their feet on the ground? It's a natural way for the body to try to get rid of anger.

... When people get in to a fierce fight they will punch, kick, bite and scream. Quite often people will form friendly bonds after the fight because all of their bottled-up anger is gone.

... Anger is the main contributor to teenage acne ( :eek: ). By doing something like I listed above it'll clear up in a couple of weeks usually (worked for me and I didn't even think I was angry at all).

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Zen.

XxGodJrxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anger causes acne? I never heard of this before, but it does sound pretty interesting. Where did you hear this from?

Also, I'll have to disagree with "running or swimming" won't release anger. You said that they would certainly relieve stress. Well, stress and anger are linked are they not? Anger is a response to a certain stress, so if you release stress you'll therefore release anger.