Health vs. Looks

Health VS Looks

• Health - I want to live a long healthy life

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Looks - I wouldn't mind taking a few months or years off the end of my life to look like a stud

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
Studies show one thing one day, and another the next!!

For anyone who has studied business statistics, you are well award that by changing questions, manipulating statistics, and sampling different ranges of people, you can absolutely make any study look how you want!!

Keep yourself fit and in shape, look healthy, eat healthy and you will be healthy!
Plus these "studies" have not been identified to come from credible medical sources such as JAMA or APA. Most of these studies are lame questionaires of only 50 or 100 people done by womens magazines attempting to boost sales.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Health.

Looks are subjective and relative - beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.

My wife-to-be loved me when I was overweight/unhealthy and loves me just as much (no less, no more) now that I'm bulked up, fairly lean and healthy.

In the long run, looks don't mean anything since your life partner will love you regardless.

marcuk

Reaction score
interestingly in the falklands war the guys with a little fat on the faired better than the supper fit physical trainer type,as they had body fat to burn the lean type had to use muscle tisuse as fuel,obviously they were burning of more cals than the ration pack gave

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Plus these "studies" have not been identified to come from credible medical sources such as JAMA or APA. Most of these studies are lame questionaires of only 50 or 100 people done by womens magazines attempting to boost sales.
Exactly.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is anyone going to post where they found this information??

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually tons of studies have attempted to give a link between caloric restriction diets and longevity.

But I don't no about you but it'd be tough for me to enjoy living to 120 years old on only 1000 calories a day!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Actually tons of studies have attempted to give a link between caloric restriction diets and longevity.

But I don't no about you but it'd be tough for me to enjoy living to 120 years old on only 1000 calories a day!
That's the problem with most of the diets out their, they are based on restrictions and cutting back instead of focusing on what should be eaten on a regular basis.

It's about eating the amount of calories that you expend and having an active metabolism. It a nutshell it's about balancing what you eat with physical activity. Just cutting back calories tend to drive people nuts, thus go go on binges and get into the cycle of yo-yo dieting.