Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Health problem? Vision fading and cold sweats in middle of workout...

phish

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is happened to me the past 2 workouts...that's right, 2 workouts in a row and I'm starting to get worried.

I don't have any medical problems, and to my knowledge I'm healthy. I'm an 18-year-old male 5'7" and weigh 130 pounds. Recently I've taken on weightlifting, trying to bulk up and eating lots of protein.

During the last 2 workout sessions I've had bad experiences. About 20 minutes after an intense cycle of doing arm exercises and legs a feeling of extreme exhaustion will dawn on me and my pulse will start to fade and beat really lightly. After this feeling I'll get a cold sweat and my vision starts to fade from normal to either tunnel vision or complete darkness. It's scary...I have no control and it feels like I'm going to pass out or either die. In both situations I didn't pass out but my vision was completely ****ed up and I could only hear and talk to other people. From the accounts of the people who were near me at the time they told me my skin turned a really pale white color as well. After about 5-10 mins I get my vision back and I'll have a bad headache.

One person originally suggested my blood sugar was probably low-fed me a coke and 2 snickers bars and I was feeling "ok" afterwards. That day I didn't have breakfast at all (I know, a big mistake).

So I just figured the reason the whole deal happened the first time was because I didn't eat breakfast. However, the second time I made SURE I ate and yet this still happened to me. One other guy said it might be because I wasn't taking pauses between sets, I admit I wasn't...I was just going from set to set trying to do an "intense" type workout as someone suggested to me. He said it's possible my heart can't take it. My Dad has a history of heart problems - he had 2 heart attacks. Please someone who is knowledgeable -- I'd appreciate some advice as I really want to be in good shape but if this happens to me again I'll just quit -- I can't take this anymore.

I will also add that I was drinking water from the fountain constantly during my workout. The guy at the gym suggested that I carry a water bottle with me because the extra energy it takes to walk to the water fountain is bad as well.

syemour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
make sure you always eat enough for breakfast. dont lock your knees. make sure you are hydrated before you go to workout.

phish

Don Juan
Reaction score
could you explain what you mean by not locking knees?

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not so sure your problem is walking to the drinking fountain. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like low blood pressure. An easy way to check is to call the Dr. you got your last physical from and ask him. If it is low blood pressure, you should probably get a physical to determine the cause - heart disease can cause low blood pressure (as can many other things), but it's probably a good idea to check if you're going to be lifting.

Also, you could just be dehydrated. I won't recommend that you test this out w/o checking with a Dr. first, but if you're comfortable lifting again, make sure you're well hydrated. That doesn't mean drinking while you lift, it means drinking about a gallon a day, everyday.

If you can't find an easy answer, go get a physical and tell your doctor what's happening to you...he'll probably come up with better answers than the people on this board.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GO TO THE DOCTOR !!!!!!!!!!

I didn't read your whole post but here's a story for everyone who works out.

There was this real popular personal trainer at the gym where I work out. (It's a professional gym, not a chain). Actually, he was director of training. Been a trainer for years, BS in phys ed, ex milltary etc. Looked like he was in perfect health.

Well, one day he was training a client. Turns out it was a Dr. All of a sudden he started to get dizzy. He just brushed it off. Then a little later, his eye sight started to get fuzzy, then went black. His client recognised the symptoms and called 911. He was having a stroke!

They rushed him to the ER. He died on the operating table about an hour later. He was 36 years old.

When you work out, your blood pressure goes up and down. Apparently, he had a weak blood vessel in his occipitol lobe. It couldn't handle the rise in blood pressure.

It's just scary. The guy was too young to die of a stroke...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy just started training - that may be the problem.

I don't work out regularly. I don't have the pass to the gym all the time, so I either get really into it for a few months, or don't work out at all.

I find that you have to build up really slowly if you didn't train for more than 2 weeks.

One time I've had exactly the same thing as you're having. It was my 3rd or fourth workout after a 4 months hiatus. Stretching, arms, abs and then I did heavy deadlifts and chest.

I had accelerated breathing and blacked out vision. Exactly what you describe. The heartrate was like 190-200 for a few minutes.

I liad down and got ready to die, but it a few munutes I was ok.

I didn't have heaches, but felt really weak and shytty after that.

BTW: I also didn't have enough sleep there.

Re post it on some health forums man. You'll get fun replies.

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My experiences...

Back when I was exercising inconsistently, I had little experience weight lifting, wasnt eating properly, didnt sleep much and didnt know how to regulate breathing.

At the time, I was often experiencing 'dizzyness', feelin kinda light headed and fading-out.

This was most likely due to the follwing factors:
1) Imporper Diet
2) Improper Sleep
3) Improper Breathing Technique (Breath out on the 'push' part of the exercise, and breathe in on the 'lowering' or stabelizing part)

Make sure you get adequate sleep, eat properly and make sure your BREATHE during exercises. Maybe if it helps you get that last rep then hold ur breath as u push up, but keep proper breathing throughout the set.

Hope that helps,
Mike

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same thing last week my second go on my friends freeweights in a week. I really tearing the muscle so I could leave it a while and so bulk up (I have only just began lifting and never really do execise). My eyesight went blurry and I visited the emercency GP at the hospital, who couldnt explain it at all, I guess I should come here next time.. :D

I just want to know, how can I stop this from happening. And does this mean there is somthing wrong with me personally that made this happen?

Thanks,

brainfreeze