Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HB8s and HB9s

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many girls do you know that are HB8s or HB9s (I don't believe in 10s)?
Like what percentage? Maybe I'm just going through a phase where there are not a lot of real mega hotties around me (although I work with a lot of people), but there are very, very few women I know right now that I would classify as a HB9. Maybe the girl at the pharmacy lol.

I know some girls that I've always thought of as HB8s, but a few of them have started putting on weight so I'm not sure I would classify them as such anymore. I see a lot of strong 7s, the occassional 8, and the 9s are very, very rare.

What is your perception?
I imagine the younger guys would probably encounter a higher percentage of 8s and 9s, just because of the nature of their social groups.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I think it depends how old you are.

I remember back in highschool and early 20's being very critical. Even minor flaws would bump a hottie down on my scale. I remember older guys I knew making comments about certain girls and I was just kind of meh.

Now I look at a lot of younger girls and think that there are a lot more 8's and 9's around than there used to be.

I don't have my calculator out or anything but I see hot girls everywhere, every single day.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that it is less then 5% on average of all women are in the 8 or 9 zone depending where you live.

Your geographical area is important factor since hot women tend to flock to big and rich/nice metropolitan cities where they know they can bank more on their assets then they would in small towns rural areas.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say I know maybe 4 or 5 solid 8's. 9's, I dont know any personally. Usually when I see a 9 it's just in passing.

Also just throw in my philosophical 2 cents, novelty can really add to the hotness factor. Like if you are around a girl all day every day you get used to her. She doesnt quite have the same luster as she did when you just met.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I would say that it is less then 5% on average of all women are in the 8 or 9 zone depending where you live.
That doesn't sound too far off actually, if you're talking about the entire general population. Maybe four women out of a hundred might be eights, and only one out of a hundred is a nine.

Now if you're talking about girls of a certain age, let's say 18-24 only, that number would probably go up. Maybe 20% of girls that age might make the HB8 rank?

If the 8s and 9s are so rare, it kind of makes you wonder about the abundance mentality. Fortunately I think there are a whole mess of 7s. I bet half the girls in the 18-24 age group make the 7 mark, maybe more?

Colossus said:
Also just throw in my philosophical 2 cents, novelty can really add to the hotness factor. Like if you are around a girl all day every day you get used to her. She doesnt quite have the same luster as she did when you just met.
That's true, but I rarely change my opinion of how hot a girl is, no matter how long I've known her. If I think she's an eight, I'm likely to still think she's an eight five years later.

However:
There is this young girl at work, she's probably about a 7.5 for looks. But she has a couple of kids, so that drops her down a couple of points at least. Plus she is a slvt, so that drops her down a little more. So even though she started out as a 7.5, by the time you get her modifiers on she's only about a 3 to me value-wise.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the scale is not very linear.

10 or 11 so to speak, must be reserved for extremely beautiful people. They must be perfect; in any sense, and 99 % of the male population must not have anything to say about the matter. But this is not very easy. I have yet to see a unanimous agreement on a 10. By definition, a 10 must be very rare. and you are not supposed to see a 10 on a daily basis.

And I occasionally get funny looks when I rate someone as 9. My friends think I am into anorexic/skinny chicks all the time. Well, if Megan Fox is anorexic, Kim Kardashian is an elephant. Being that chubby looks unhealthy to me. I can't get attracted by it. Someone's 9 could just as well be my 6 - 7. In particular, I notice that people tend to overrate women they date A LOT.

So there's a lot of inescapable variation. But to me, at the end of the day, there's little difference between a 7 and a 9.

Unless they are Victoria's Secret models; they all come with flaws.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
Haha, I think it depends how old you are.

I remember back in highschool and early 20's being very critical. Even minor flaws would bump a hottie down on my scale. I remember older guys I knew making comments about certain girls and I was just kind of meh.

Now I look at a lot of younger girls and think that there are a lot more 8's and 9's around than there used to be.

I don't have my calculator out or anything but I see hot girls everywhere, every single day.
Agree 110% HB's everywhere I turn.

I always say, young guys are so dumb, they have no idea how wrong
they are by being 'picky'. I did it when I was younger and now am like,
ummmm, damn you were stupid! :kick:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
If the 8s and 9s are so rare, it kind of makes you wonder about the abundance mentality. Fortunately I think there are a whole mess of 7s
I would say that 7 make up about 10% or less of most women while 6's are very abundant (around 35%).

Abundance mentality is a relative term since only a small percentage of the male population is actually nailing those 8's & 9's (and 7's) on a consistent basis which includes 2-3 of these women in a weekly rotation.

It is a harem at the top.

The rest of the male population who lack 2 of the 3 desirable traits (status, game and looks) have to fight for their flakey 7's (a result of being in the harem rotation) and the 6's who make up a sizable chunk in the looks department who triumph the 5's that belong in a group that most men don't even notice.

I bet half the girls in the 18-24 age group make the 7 mark, maybe more?
I can't remember who said it but there is a saying that an 18-23 average looking woman is as desirable as an attractive early 30's and up woman.

Older Age shaves points off the desirability.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to much nerding and math. WHo cares? Get in the field and find the 1 you want.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always get a kick out of the made up statistics on this board...

These scales are pointless if they aren't used in a subjective manner. An HB9 is simply a girl that is an HB9 to YOU; there's no reason to believe that she's an HB9 to anyone else. If you want to figure out what percentage of girls are HB9s, you have to count them all yourself, using your own personal criteria, because there's no way to quantify something like this objectively.

I find that, for me, girls fall into 3 categories: unappealing, average, or hot.
Those are pretty much the major lines of demarcation as far as looks go, and I think we're all more likely to agree on a scale like this.

cedd

Don Juan
Reaction score
an 8 could be a 7 for you and a 9 for another one.
a beautiful girl is just beautiful. 7, 8 or 9, who cares ?

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
I always get a kick out of the made up statistics on this board...

These scales are pointless if they aren't used in a subjective manner. An HB9 is simply a girl that is an HB9 to YOU; there's no reason to believe that she's an HB9 to anyone else. If you want to figure out what percentage of girls are HB9s, you have to count them all yourself, using your own personal criteria, because there's no way to quantify something like this objectively.

I find that, for me, girls fall into 3 categories: unappealing, average, or hot.
Those are pretty much the major lines of demarcation as far as looks go, and I think we're all more likely to agree on a scale like this.
I agree completely. I've never been able to place a number value on a woman's looks. I might add "cute" in between average and hot, I guess those would be the 6 - 7.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
to much nerding and math. WHo cares? Get in the field and find the 1 you want.
I have the one I want. I just find this stuff interesting. If you don't find the thread interesting you are under no complusion to read it, or post in it.

To me, I think there are two seperate categories of average. There are average looking girls I find attractive and average looking girls I don't. Sort of like blong says to have a cute category between average and hot.

I don't know why, I've always tried to put numbers on girls, even when I was younger. It probably has something to do with my INTJ personality - I like to analyze.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that most of my friends and I can agree on 8's and 9's. It's fun to categorize. It has no real utility in your daily life, but it's sort of a colloquial way to discuss and debate the hotness of women.

I'd agree with the simplified format too. Unappealing, average, cute, hot.