Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HB10's are Wayyyyy Over-rated

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I must be living in heaven because the last year or so I have only met a couple of girls that had an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.
One was cute, but not nearly as hot as she thought she was, the other was butt-ugly.
I did go after the cute one for a while, but not the butt-ugly one.

Reaction score
Dimes, need a bit more effort to land. They are used to fella's kissing their round butts all day long. Fawk that. Treat em all like ho's down pimps up.

I can't count how many times dimes have told me that they want a strong man who will put them in their place...

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reality

It sounds to me like you are in a bit of desperation and denial...Hot chicks have the best personalities...I dont know where you are coming up with the b.s. that they dont...Personally i think you are full of $h1t on this post and im going to calll you on it...If you want to rationalize dating 7's dont waste your time on here...IMO: it sounds to me like maybe your game is not as great as you think...there must be something AFC that you are doing if you keep having the HB's walk-away on you....I suggest you reanalyze your situation before you settle for less then the best.

Marty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Reality

Hot chicks have the best personalities...

That sounds like a gross generalization.I've known some really hot babes who were sweethearts and some who were bythces.What it sounds like you're talking about is that personality can make a person,either gender,more attractive.
I don't know about you but a lousy personality will cause me to start noticing flaws in looks that will easily drop what I initially thought was 9 or a 10 down to a 6 or a 7.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with sustainable007 and have nothing more to add other than...

"model types"? Give me a break. If I had a dime for everytime a dude told me, "I'm dating this girl who did some modeling" or "She could be a model", I'd be rich. Half of the time, they are an 8 at best. Maybe those girls suffering from "princess syndrome" weren't as into you as you thought. Good luck with landing the 6 and 7's.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I was briefly seeing a 9.something and in a very short time her personality brought that rating down to a 7......then 6......then it plummetted in my mind significantly.

For me now I'd give her about a 3 because she's cute on the outside but toss in that horrible (and possibly psychotic) personality and this chick is uglier than the back of my bag.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: It's like that old song

Originally posted by swampwiz
"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. And if you want my personal view, get an ugly girl to marry you."
Never marry an ugly girl. Ugly women are so desparate for validation from a man they will spread their legs like a fat chick at closing time. :D

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True but 6 thru 8 is the range to attack. 9 and 10s are just too high maintenance. The benefits don't outweigh the costs.

Dietzcoi

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points.

What really determines how much fun you have with a girl (once your physical attraction and sexiness visual requirements are satisfied-and to be honest once a girl is 7 and above she tends to satisfy these) is her interest level in you-as another guy mentioned.

I see too many people who have married hot girls or have hot girlfriends (who married them for their money/status etc. ) who are not interested in them, and it is not much fun. Sure you get some eye candy, but does she find you so irresisteble that she can't keep her hands off you, does she put your happiness above hers, are you her hero?

So, for short term flings enjoy the good sex while you can with stunning babes, but when you want to settle down go for a sexy, less than perfect 7 or 8 who will treat you well, put out a lot, and generally make you feel good about yourself.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I would say they are over-rated when you haven't bagged one yet. So for me they are over-rated. :D I think it would be great to have one as a FB but not as a life long partner. Unless of course, her character and motivations are impeccable.

mike

Allen

Reaction score
being with Hb10's is hard work- I used to be intimidated by the HB9's and HB10's- now when I see an HB9 I feel calm and can do the approach without being too nervous- ya the HB10's I realized get way more attention than HB8's even- you go out with the 10's and they got not only 20 something and 30something year old guys scoping em out and trying to talk to them when the opportunity rises, but also 40 yr f-ing VP's with beamers.... true they don't get anywhere but it's so annoying- an HB8 or 9 now that's perfect.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree, subjectively I believe there are HB10s it just that the last point is earned on performance not attractiveness. An otherwise HB10 who turns out to be a 'lick it around the edges' girl instantly falls back to an HB7 or so,..

I will agree with the self-esteem inversion fundimental though. The hotter a girl is the lower her self-esteem tends to be.

If you rate looks (L) on a 1-10 and self-esteem (SE) on a 1-10 scale, realistically you'll want different ratios at different times. If you're sport-fvcking and have no desire for a LTR this ratio might be around 9 to 3, no lower than this though since a 3 (the way I'd rate it anyway) would indicate the threshhold for personality disorders. If you're looking for a companion for the long haul, then you'll adjust your ratio accordingly. An L8+ to an SE 4-6 might be ideal. It's when you see imbalances in the ratio that is cause for concern. For instance an L7 with an SE of 8 (too close). Or extremes like L2 to an SE of 9 (easily avoidable) and an L9+ to an SE of 1 or 2 (the man trap).

It's all in the balance my sons.

Reaction score
nice way of putting it rollo.

i can't help but consider that the reason we may be making these assumptions about hb10's is simply because we pay more attention to them. allow me to elaborate with an example.

It's a common assumption that the children of the most respected, most powerful, and wealthiest people usually have the worst behaviors/personalities.

Or is it that that conclusion came from the attempt to make sense of all the bad behaving people? and since the children of the parent types described above are the first type of people that come to someones mind when answering the question, they make that assumption.

my point is, most of us here only deal with hb5's and up. so right there were are only including only one side of the equation. and then we base the remainder on who screwed us over the most. even if we got screwed over 10 times by a hb8 and only 2 times by an hb10, we would still say 10 because subconciously we still have that notion of rejection that the prettier the girl, the more painful the rejection should be.

..stop looking at me like that.

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Ninja Pimp 100%.

Too many guys are getting caught up in this whole "HB10 or HB9" bullsh*t. First off, what I consider to be a bad b*tch and what the next guy thinks looks nice is usually not the same. We all get turned on by different sh*t.

Also, when you assign some chick "HB10" status, your actually giving this b*tch value that she has done nothing to earn. So what if she's cute and has a nice body. So do alot of girls nowadays.

Even if I was stranded on a deserted island with some Beyonce or Jennifer Lopez looking chicks, I still wouldn't give those b*tches any special treatment or status. I'd have those hoes searching the island for some coconuts or something to eat and have em cook, wash my sh*t, and clean my hut. Then I'd reward them by letting them ride my "magic stick".

A b*tch wants me to treat her like a dime? Go do my laundry and cook me a good meal then I'll smack her on the a$$ and tell her she looks good today.

Maybe I've become cold on these hoes but I speak from experience because I've dealt with and continue to deal with so-called "HB10's".

I don't understand why so many guys act like a good looking chick should be thought of or treated differently than an average or ugly chick. Actually, if you treat a so-called "HB10" like you have to approach her a certan way or do something special, you unconciously start seeking approval from this chick. You have to make her feel as though she has to work to earn your approval. Treat a b*tch based on behavior, not looks. Even if she is bangin, act like you could care less and she'll start to chase you.

Reverse the game, reverse the game. I'm out.

Reaction score
completely agree. unneeded value that just makes it harder. the only reason we should ever see any girl different than the other is through behavior as disciple said.

If not, you end up treating an "hb8" with too much ****iness and you end up coming off as arrogant.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple of things about rating looks- the was Hot or Not does it is by percentile. this is the same objective used by psychologists and sociologists in standarizerd testing, and by many scientific disciplines that call for comparisons. On their rating system, if yu are a 9, that means you are in the 90th percentile, better than 9 out of 10 people. if you are a 9.9 that means that you are in the 99th percentile-better than at least 99% of the other people being rated9lie my sister:) . so with this system you can come infinitely close to a ten but not quite make it there. You can be a 9.99999999999999 but not a ten. Sort of like the matematical pie or the speed of light-infinately close but not there. And in reality it is all relative to other people. There is also an objective standard to looks that has been found. Basically for wome it is body symmetry and waist to hip ratio. However, it has also been found that smell, or scent is just as important in attraction for both sexes as looks is. this is the part they call "chemisty" This sis wh on internet dating you never know if there is chimistry until you meet the person. This is also why I suspect it is theoretically possible for an average Joe to land a supermodel and why it is in fact not all that uncommon.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While i enjoyed the initial premise of this thread, it violates the truth of the law "Never judge a book by it's cover"

What I mean to say is that while many very hot 9's and 10's may have severe personality problems, why give up on them completely when you may find one that isn't that way?

Seduction and dating can be hard enough in the sense that you will run into times where you aren't happy with the prospects out there. It is a statistical thing. Why make it harder by generalizing.

I think the thing we all need to do is to learn how to be better judges of human character. If you can get to understand women very well, you might be able to weed out the ones that will be an annoying waste of your time quickly.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a very good thread.

If you're looking for an LTR, its really up to you, through alot of introspection, to decide what flaw(s) you are willing to accept in a woman (i.e. looks, personality, intelligence, attitude, etc.). Women think in the same way about us, perhaps with 10x the magnitude because women do over analyze just about everything. The DJ Bible suggests that you write down a description of the right girl for you, I would take it a step further and suggest to write down the kind of flaws you are willing to accept in a woman along with the eventual consequences of accepting those flaws (i.e. accepting an HB9 with an attitude problem will lead to alot of fights and stress).

There is no correct universal answer because we are all different. The optimal mix of looks and personality will be a little different for each guy. Besides, women think in the same way, which is why you see so many couples out there that are mismatched in looks (alot slightly and a few very much so). That's life.