HB: "Are you a Pickup Artist?"

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two times now in the past three weeks.

What the **** is going on?

Fyi, both times I said no and re-built comfort to #c, but this post-The Game publicity is worrying me.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did a woman give you her number, then see you go to another woman straight after? For some reason women like to think they're "special", and you only picked them up due to a magical moment (like a Hugh Grant movie), not because you're there to get 50 numbers.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, this was as I was sarging her!

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u just pwned her so well.:cool:

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry. How many girls do you know that are fully aware that a guy is a player, yet still go after him? Girls seem to respect you more if you have 'game'.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what the funniest thing is?

the world of PUA's is mostly comprised of computer literate people, and i'd assume in most cases, people who border on computer geeks. Or atleast at some point in there lives, were computer geeks.

I don't consider myself a computer geek anymore, i suppose mainly because I don't play computer games. But there was a time in my life when I was completely addicted to games. (Halflife (TFC), worms2, diablo).

I guess I completely gave that stuff up at about 19, and i'm 22 now.

But I still have interest in computers, I'm studying computer engineering, and thus, spend alot of time on the computer wether it be studying/homework, forums (like this one), or just killing time chatting to friends whilst watching tv.

10 years ago. if you give that kind of interests, you'd have a pocket protector + be a dungeons and dragons expert + glasses and the like.

I love it :)

this sites truely changed my life.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were too transparent in your sarge and you worked a girl who was aware of your game (i.e. knows about the community or a previous guy who was a PUA).

I'm begining to wonder how much more common these instances will be and how the landscape of techniques will change once the PUA community and it's practioners become more mainstream.

Once this stuff becomes part of the popular consciousness there will be a need for a New Game, or a much more refined old game.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's cause you used stupid cand jokes and aproches.......those are just examples, not something you use out in the field. chances are she eather heard it on tv or from somebody else alrady....

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
You were too transparent in your sarge and you worked a girl who was aware of your game (i.e. knows about the community or a previous guy who was a PUA).

I'm begining to wonder how much more common these instances will be and how the landscape of techniques will change once the PUA community and it's practioners become more mainstream.

Once this stuff becomes part of the popular consciousness there will be a need for a New Game, or a much more refined old game.
Like true bodybuilding, or true Powerlifting, this will never become mainstream.

Reaction score
Good point. Not many have the drive, or the determination to do such a thing.

Be proud fellow DJs. There arent many like us.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mASF - have them beleive you're the prize.
SoSuave - become the prize.

If everyone takes on all the ideals here, eg. get fit/healthy/muscley/smart/rich/outgoing/fun/confidence and do the things you're interested in, you'll be fine, so long as you approach..

mASF COULD be in trouble in the distant future, as there stuff is canned. But its not overly hard to develop new canned material.

we're safe.

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time you hear that question, tell her you just finished a painting of a blue 97' F150 that you think captures the suffuring of the New Orleans victims, then smack her in the face!

Mr. Mystery

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe they watched that special on ABC about pick up artists.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's impossible, nobody under 80 watches the ABC!

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
This has been happening to me more often as well.
Women ask these things for one of 3 reasons

1. Your game is transparent and they can smell your agenda.

2. They are trying to derail your game because they are alarmed at how attracted they have become and don't want to accept responsibility for it.

3. They read "The Game" and are paranoid as fukk of guys who ask for opinions. :p

If they wanna play defense I say blow them out by not having any yourself. This is how I have diffused the situation so far, and it works!

HB: Are you a pickup artist?

DJ: Yes...well, that is to say I used to be. I was really hoping you would not notice but I won't stand here and lie to you.

HB: (wanting to know more, talks about the game but you continue your monologue)

DJ: You really wanna know the truth? (pause) I can't believe I'm telling you this..never mind..

HB: NOoooOOooo! Tell MEeeeEEee!!!!!

DJ: Alright, alright.....the truth is that I used to be a really shy. Girls never paid much attention to me and it was a part of my life I never got handled. But one day I downloaded superpowers off the internet and became irresistable.

HB: Superpowers? How?

DJ: That's not important...the point is that I had more women than I could possibly deal with and people started to call me NINJA PIMP.

HB: (laughs or says something but you just plow over her dialog as always...)

DJ: I will admit in the beginning I did it because I was a dirty bastard. Us guys really can be dogs sometimes. But I got tired of that game and now I am just searching for the One, you know? You gotta go through a lot of duds to find someone that really lights your fire...

HB: (Agrees with you)

DJ: I know she's out there somewhere, I just haven't found her yet :(. I admit I find you attractive, but there's more to it. There is something special about you I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's your crooked smile or your funny outfit...I dunno. I haven't approached a woman in ages, but you just struck my curiosity enough to take a chance for old time's sake. The ironic part is that now that I know you are onto my game I dont wanna play anymore. Let's just be friends and see what happens!

HB: (Agrees and becomes more comfortable with you)

DJ: (continue to qualify and game)

I think this works because you show some vulnerability (atypical PUA behavior) and reassure her that she is not just another lay. Most women want to feel "special" and even if they are attracted, they will resist you and play hard to get so they become the prize. If you let them control the frame of the interaction you are done for. Notice how I never let her get to me and still manage to lead towards the end.

The scary part is that the interaction always unfolds the way I've written it. Every girl has given me the same series of responses to the point where it has become weird. Try for yourself and you'll see what I mean!

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl Game for decades has been about keeping a guy and getting him to commit. The Rules is in any bookstore. Cosmo writes about it every month (well, maybe not Cosmo, but every other women's magazine). For most women, attracting men is not a challenge, but keeping them is.

Marriages aren't exactly going extinct.

This is a way of her saying "Are you a player?" It doesn't mean she "knows the game" it means that something about your vibe intimidates her, in something of a good way. Good looking guys or guys with strong game get this more I imagine.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if a girl was to ask me that, I would say
"NO I'm not a PUA. I'm a pimp. I just left my fur coat and gold chains at home. As a matter or fact, why don't you work the corner of main and abercrombie tonight? I'll have a customer pick you up."

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, interesting thread.

i think its usually the insecure gals that ask this, like ninja pimp said,
"they read the game and get paranoid"
and to be honest, its always the aggressive chicks too..

heres what ive said,

"are you some kind of pua or what..???"

"ha ha, me...! yeah... I WISH, i wouldnt mind but most women consider me vermin..."

"hey catch, do you just pick up girls for fun"

"yeah, i pick um up all the time... not you though, your to heavy.
:crackup:

"your just a flirt catch"

"who me?... yeah, i need a good spank huh..."

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to a wedding next month and I am curious to know if the women there will have their defence shield up due to "the game" and due to the movie " Wedding Crashers".

There is too much exposure in the media as it is that labels every strange men that approach women these day as a pick up artists.

and if so not to worry, I will come up with something......

:trouble: