Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Having Older Brothers Increases a Man's Odds of Being Gay

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gay men have, on average, a greater number of older brothers than do heterosexual men, a well-known finding within sexual science. This finding has been termed the fraternal birth order effect. Strong scientific interest in sexual orientation exists because it is a fundamental human characteristic, and because its origins are often the focal point of considerable social controversy. Our study is a major advance in understanding the origins of sexual orientation in men by providing support for a theorized but previously unexamined biological mechanism—a maternal immune response to a protein important in male fetal brain development—and by beginning to explain one of the most reliable correlates of male homosexuality: older brothers.

ABSTRACT

We conducted a direct test of an immunological explanation of the finding that gay men have a greater number of older brothers than do heterosexual men. This explanation posits that some mothers develop antibodies against a Y-linked protein important in male brain development, and that this effect becomes increasingly likely with each male gestation, altering brain structures underlying sexual orientation in their later-born sons. Immune assays targeting two Y-linked proteins important in brain development—protocadherin 11 Y-linked (PCDH11Y) and neuroligin 4 Y-linked (NLGN4Y; isoforms 1 and 2)—were developed. Plasma from mothers of sons, about half of whom had a gay son, along with additional controls (women with no sons, men) was analyzed for male protein-specific antibodies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5777026/#r12

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the Samoan islands, androphilic males are referred to as fa'afafine. Translated literally, fa'afafine means ‘in the manner of a woman’. Indeed, a small number of fa'afafine self-identify as women, even though they recognize, as do all Samoans, that they differ physically and socially from biological women. Most, however, self-identify as fa'afafine and not as men. Although the term fa'afafine implies that the members of this category are uniformly very feminine, they are, in fact, a heterogeneous group in many ways (Schmidt 2003; Bartlett & Vasey 2006). In appearance and mannerisms, although most would be considered effeminate, they range from strikingly feminine to unremarkably masculine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176197/

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anecdotal - but I personal know two families with 3 boys with the youngest being gay.
Maybe it has something to do with carving out a separate identity. You have two older masculine brothers so you need to do something that sets you apart. Plus these days, the younger you are, the more LGBTQ indoctrination you've likely been exposed to at a young age.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more older brothers a boy has, the more likely he is to be gay when he grows up – an effect called the “fraternal birth order effect”. Now it seems that increasing levels of antibodies in a mother’s immune system could play a role.

Anthony Bogaert at Brock University, Canada, and his team think that some women who are pregnant with boys develop antibodies that target a protein made by the Y chromosome. Our immune systems make antibodies to recognise foreign molecules, which have the potential to be from dangerous bacteria. But pregnant women sometimes also produce antibodies against fetal molecules – for example, if their fetus has a different blood group. Bogaert’s team wondered if maternal antibodies might play a role in shaping sexual orientation.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hilarious since my youngest brother (there are three of us) is the most successful with women.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[QUOTE="SargeMaximus, post: 2892494, member: 155730"Hilarious since my youngest brother (there are three of us) is the most successful with women.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure having women drawn to you decreases the incentive to be gay :)

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[QUOTE="SargeMaximus, post: 2892494, member: 155730"Hilarious since my youngest brother (there are three of us) is the most successful with women.
I'm sure having women drawn to you decreases the incentive to be gay :)
[/QUOTE]
What’s your point? This literally makes no sense whatsoever

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s your point? This literally makes no sense whatsoever
I mean if you have the looks or personality that attracts women, you have less incentive to be gay.

Does that clarify what I was saying, or are you trying to say being gay is not a choice? Because I don't believe that, not completely. It appears to me that there is at least a window where your psychosexual identity is forming where you can be influenced.

Plus I know of several women who have changed orientations as young adults. This seems to be more common among the younger generations, and I'm sure there are males who do this also. But it seems more common among females.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean if you have the looks or personality that attracts women, you have less incentive to be gay.

Does that clarify what I was saying, or are you trying to say being gay is not a choice? Because I don't believe that, not completely. It appears to me that there is at least a window where your psychosexual identity is forming where you can be influenced.

Plus I know of several women who have changed orientations as young adults. This seems to be more common among the younger generations, and I'm sure there are males who do this also. But it seems more common among females.
oh I get you. Yeah it’s tricky I’ve read that certain chemicals can influence fetuses to come out predisposed towards being gay so I haven’t done enough research to know how all that works.

what I was saying was that if we take the OP at its conclusion, my brother should be worse with women than me. He’s even shorter and not as handsome imo but he’s quite good with women.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what I was saying was that if we take the OP at its conclusion, my brother should be worse with women than me. He’s even shorter and not as handsome imo but he’s quite good with women.
The OP is saying it's a tendency, not a hard and fast rule. Even if your younger brother had the antibodies talked about, maybe there were other factors at work in his favor. Do you think he is particularly masculine, or is something else attracting the girls? Attractive face? Height? Gregarious personality? Captain of the football team? Status?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The OP is saying it's a tendency, not a hard and fast rule. Even if your younger brother had the antibodies talked about, maybe there were other factors at work in his favor. Do you think he is particularly masculine, or is something else attracting the girls? Attractive face? Height? Gregarious personality? Captain of the football team? Status?
Its something I can’t figure out.
He’s typically a go with the flow, no conflict type EXCEPT when it comes to SJW, LGBTQ, Racism etc. quite liberal. Militant liberal I call it.

Face is decent but he has glasses.

Like I said he’s shorter than me.

Quite funny yes.

Way too skinny to be captain of any football team. Doesn’t play sports. He’s so skinny the Auschwich football team wouldn’t want him.

Hes 28 and works at an arcade as a cashier. Been that same job since he was 18. No status.

but I don’t know why he has this air about him like he is right. I think he draws much of his vibe from being on the “right side” of these liberal issues. Almost like he knows the masses would have his back. But I always thought being a sheeple would make one less alpha. That’s why I always figured I would be more successful with women since I’m quite the contrarian. But the results are the results

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but I don’t know why he has this air about him like he is right. I think he draws much of his vibe from being on the “right side” of these liberal issues.
That does sound like a puzzle.
Do you live in a particularly left leaning city or area? I know such things are popular with younger people, and especially the younger females buy into it.
Honestly, if I had to pretend on that side of the issues to get women, I would do without.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That does sound like a puzzle.
Do you live in a particularly left leaning city or area? I know such things are popular with younger people, and especially the younger females buy into it.
Honestly, if I had to pretend on that side of the issues to get women, I would do without.
Right? Me too. I’d rather bang the chubbies I get than hot lefties. But that’s the thing: we live in Alberta Canada, probably the most conservative right leaning part of Canada.
Maybe because he’s counter culture it’s somehow masculine? I honestly don’t know my guy.

I’ve had calm debates with him about political stuff and he’s storms out sometimes swearing at me then he comes back a few minutes later apologizing for the outburst. I just don’t get what women see in him

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait. The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.

Facial Recognition technology can identify your sexuality