Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

having fun

sxevanguy

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks, I read The Book of Pook, and I found it more than just entertaining and funny but also insightful. It also jives with one of the main pieces of advice that is in the ebook on this site and told numerous times about smiling. But it's also clear from all of these pieces of advice that it should be a reflection of what we feel inside rather than an act to obtain an objective. I also think that this will also fix any other issues that can make meeting, dating or attracting women easily fade away, such as difficulties making or maintaining a conversation, initiating touch, approaching women in public, handling rejection, etc. With a fun and friendly personality. I would even go so far as to say that if one could be so fully secure and happy and be able to live with subconscious joy, that whether women liked you or not would probably not matter (I will duck while you throw the stones at me about that one). But in a sense, it would not happen because women would be drawn towards men with such an outlook. They don't need to get laid to enjoy themselves, and therefore whether they screw one woman or 10 at once, they are never using a woman because they don't need one.
So it became clear to me because I am severely deficient in that department. It's not quite dead but it was in a coma for a long time and now it's just maybe coming out of life support. My life was hell for a long time which I had mentioned in a previous post and will not get into now, and over the last year I have improved my life and happiness substantially, but I can still feel like there is a piece of me missing, the one who can feel in the flow of things, smile and laugh easily and have a childlike love of life. Like it is said in the Book of Pook, "Weeeeeeeee". In that sense, it kind of leads the horse to water but the horse needs a feeding tube. It makes clear to me my issue, but what about someone where that piece of them just doesn't seem to be working properly?
I am not sure if maybe its ADHD, or conditioning over a lifetime that got me to this point, but I want it back. I am not sure if it's just a matter of being patient and day by day I will figure it out and heal, or if I need some kind of intervention. The main sport I play, I played competitively for a long time, and I was good at it, and enjoyed it, but never did I feel like it was "fun". I also think it hurt me when it came to major competitions because I was so nervous that I would often underperform, and I learned to manage it somewhat but never mastered it. It was like labour for me unless I won. I would also say that the lack of fun and joy of life hurt my ability to make and keep male friends, and I imagine I could be doing far better even in my business right now with that feeling also. I imagine it is even possible that I would have more energy and not feel as tired through my day if I felt this way.
I recently started to broaden my activities to try and find fun and joy, and starting to climb, play the guitar, etc, I get some sense of fun knowing and even if I am not good at it I can suck at it and have a smile on my face that is real, and dancing (with women, not solo etc) I really had enjoyed before they locked down again.
I also have been micro-dosing magic mushrooms for a few months now off and on, and I believe it has helped me significantly, to the point where I am gradually increasing in hopes that I can rewire my brain to be where I want to be. I hope that will grow into other areas of my life including social aspects, but how can I do it better and faster?
I have noticed these things before but never fully saw the consequences of it before or just resigned myself to "that's who I am". I am not sure if anyone on here can relate to what I am saying or not. Does anyone have any books or resources they can recommend, or advice to help me find this part of myself again? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Balls

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks, I read The Book of Pook, and I found it more than just entertaining and funny but also insightful. It also jives with one of the main pieces of advice that is in the ebook on this site and told numerous times about smiling. But it's also clear from all of these pieces of advice that it should be a reflection of what we feel inside rather than an act to obtain an objective. I also think that this will also fix any other issues that can make meeting, dating or attracting women easily fade away, such as difficulties making or maintaining a conversation, initiating touch, approaching women in public, handling rejection, etc. With a fun and friendly personality. I would even go so far as to say that if one could be so fully secure and happy and be able to live with subconscious joy, that whether women liked you or not would probably not matter (I will duck while you throw the stones at me about that one). But in a sense, it would not happen because women would be drawn towards men with such an outlook. They don't need to get laid to enjoy themselves, and therefore whether they screw one woman or 10 at once, they are never using a woman because they don't need one.
So it became clear to me because I am severely deficient in that department. It's not quite dead but it was in a coma for a long time and now it's just maybe coming out of life support. My life was hell for a long time which I had mentioned in a previous post and will not get into now, and over the last year I have improved my life and happiness substantially, but I can still feel like there is a piece of me missing, the one who can feel in the flow of things, smile and laugh easily and have a childlike love of life. Like it is said in the Book of Pook, "Weeeeeeeee". In that sense, it kind of leads the horse to water but the horse needs a feeding tube. It makes clear to me my issue, but what about someone where that piece of them just doesn't seem to be working properly?
I am not sure if maybe its ADHD, or conditioning over a lifetime that got me to this point, but I want it back. I am not sure if it's just a matter of being patient and day by day I will figure it out and heal, or if I need some kind of intervention. The main sport I play, I played competitively for a long time, and I was good at it, and enjoyed it, but never did I feel like it was "fun". I also think it hurt me when it came to major competitions because I was so nervous that I would often underperform, and I learned to manage it somewhat but never mastered it. It was like labour for me unless I won. I would also say that the lack of fun and joy of life hurt my ability to make and keep male friends, and I imagine I could be doing far better even in my business right now with that feeling also. I imagine it is even possible that I would have more energy and not feel as tired through my day if I felt this way.
I recently started to broaden my activities to try and find fun and joy, and starting to climb, play the guitar, etc, I get some sense of fun knowing and even if I am not good at it I can suck at it and have a smile on my face that is real, and dancing (with women, not solo etc) I really had enjoyed before they locked down again.
I also have been micro-dosing magic mushrooms for a few months now off and on, and I believe it has helped me significantly, to the point where I am gradually increasing in hopes that I can rewire my brain to be where I want to be. I hope that will grow into other areas of my life including social aspects, but how can I do it better and faster?
I have noticed these things before but never fully saw the consequences of it before or just resigned myself to "that's who I am". I am not sure if anyone on here can relate to what I am saying or not. Does anyone have any books or resources they can recommend, or advice to help me find this part of myself again? Thanks in advance for your help.
Wall of text is never fun to read, maybe that's why there are no responses so far.

As far as books n stuff, try Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and Any titles by Neville Goddard, Joseph Murphy and Napoleon Hill.

And then research some more on how to get the most out of these texts.

Last edited:

sxevanguy

Reaction score
Wall of text is never fun to read, maybe that's why there are no responses so far.

As far as books n stuff, try Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and Any titles by Neville Goddard, Joseph Murphy and Napoleon Hill.

Noted. I did make new paragraphs but I guess I need to put a space between them also. I will see if there is a way to edit it. Thanks for the recommendations, I will look into them.

sxevanguy

Reaction score
Ok let me start again with a clearer and more consise version, since I cannot edit the original.

Over the last few weeks, I read The Book of Pook, and I found it more than just entertaining and funny but also insightful. It also jives with one of the main pieces of advice that is in the ebook on this site and told numerous times about smiling. But it's also clear from all of these pieces of advice that it should be a reflection of what we feel inside rather than an act to obtain an objective. I also think that this will also fix any other issues that can make meeting, dating or attracting women easily fade away, such as difficulties making or maintaining a conversation, initiating touch, approaching women in public, handling rejection, etc. with a fun and joyful personality.

It became clear to me because I am severely deficient in that department. My life was hell for a long time (mentioned in a previous post), and over the last year I have improved my life and happiness substantially, but I can still feel like there is a piece of me missing, the one who can feel in the flow of things, smile and laugh easily and have a childlike love of life. It makes clear to me my issue, but what about someone where that piece of them just doesn't seem to be working properly?

I am not sure if maybe its ADHD, or conditioning over a lifetime that got me to this point, but I want it back. I don't know if it's just a matter of being patient and day by day I will figure it out and heal, or if I need some kind of intervention.

I am doing more fun things in my life and trying to make having fun as more the objective, but am not sure how much difference it will make to my overall pursuit of this unbridled joy I am looking for. I also have been micro-dosing magic mushrooms for a few months now and I believe it has helped me significantly.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you for reading The Book of Pook. I have only read parts of it. The parts I have read during the 2020s have held up well over time, since it was written in the 2000s.

Have you gotten evaluated by a mental health for anxiety, depression, or PTSD?

Dating today can lead to PTSD if you have a lot of bad rejections.

sxevanguy

Reaction score
Good for you for reading The Book of Pook. I have only read parts of it. The parts I have read during the 2020s have held up well over time, since it was written in the 2000s.

Have you gotten evaluated by a mental health for anxiety, depression, or PTSD?

Dating today can lead to PTSD if you have a lot of bad rejections.
BOP is great, and I liked the audio to listen and read along with. I am thankful that it was on the list of recommended reading on this forum or I would never have known about it. The advice is timeless.

I had been talking with a councillor for a few months up until the end of the year. Between that and other things, I am in a better place, but I have surely been suffering depression at different points over the last decade or more. I believe that if the councillor thought I needed more significant assessment or treatment that he would have recommended to me that I see someone else.

I also don't know...mental health awareness is much greater now but I still think that mental health does not put people that are "so-so" as a priority.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Joseph Murphy & Neville Goddard, those are two of my guys.

The power of your subconscious mind & Feeling is the secret are great books. Read them once a year.