Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Have You Helped Someone Today?

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread dedicated to helping people.

Today, just a few hours ago, I saw this guy standing by the gas-station holding a sign that said "Help, Out of Gas." Now, I usually don't even give homeless people change, but this guy looked genuinely in need of help. As I passed him by, I thought about how much it would suck if that had happened to me.

So I made a U-turn at the next stoplight and told him I would fill up his tank. He said he had been waiting there for around 4hrs. His tank was really empty. He had 2 little kids, and apparently his "worker's comp" wasn't coming until next week. I put that in quotes because I don't know what it is, but I'm guessing it's something bad.

Then I realized I didn't have cash or my debit card. The gas station only accepted debit cards or cash. So I told the guy to hold on while I drive home and get my debit card. So I drove home (about 3miles away), got my card and came back. He said he didn't think I was going to come back. But yeah, anyway, I swiped $45 for him to fill it up, and wished him luck on his drive back south to LA.

In a way, I'm surprised it took 4hrs for someone to help the guy. Most places you go like stores etc., people are always pretending like they are so friendly with you...but rarely do you see someone who is actually friendly without an agenda. I've met people that are really friendly, but it's not often. I was overseas for the past month and a half, and what I noticed was how people from other countries are so much more friendly/trusting than in America. I think that's really rubbed off on me. Nothing against America, but as I initially walked up to help this guy I got weird looks from the other gas-station customers almost as if I was doing something awkward/bad/wrong.

I feel like people don't trust each other here. You can feel it, especially you've just come back from another country. Damn, it's time we started helping each other. We're all just humans, despite our differences, we're all going to die someday and end up buried under the same soil.

And that's why I made this thread...

Go out of your way to help someone (without an agenda), it will make both of you feel good. Whether it's once a week or once a month, doesn't matter. It usually doesn't take much effort. I feel that's what makes us human.

If you've helped someone today, post about it in this thread.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Helping people I agree is good and I do it often however we can never really do it without an agenda since feeling good would be the reason for doing it.

I have to agree with something I once heard that said the only motivation for people doing anything is self interest in one way or another.

jt the azn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I tried this a few times and it feels damn good. I did this at school and people noticed. My actions definitely went back to me tenfold. Just don't be too nice or else people will take advantage of it.

jesusrules

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a cool thread I like it.

Well the only people I kinda helped out today were people in my familly.My dad, I helped him fix out famillies van antenna.(sp) I also told my mom that I dont mind helping her if she needs help.Like cooking dinner cleaning and stuff. After that she seemed kinda happy.

Maybe I didnt help a starnger but I really want to. Thats a goal I have.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, this motivates me to want to help people.. I started a thread on giving to charities... And yes, you do receive back tenfold!

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about this thread. I'm not saying it's bragging or anything but if you do a good deed it should only be for you to know and the person you helped. No need to go around telling everyone what a great guy you are. It's like someone giving a homeless guy money and then telling everyone he did that. Makes you seem kind of fake like you only did it so people think you were a good person. Not saying thats what you are doing though. I think instead of saying whats a good thing you did you should say a good deed someone did for you. For me it would be when I was walking home a couple of days ago and it was raining and a guy drove by then did a u turn and gave me his umbrella. I thought that was pretty ****ing cool of the guy to do that. Not only did he had to do a u turn but he actually gave me the umbrella bc I don't know whos it was and theres no way for me to return it. So I thought that was pretty cool of the guy.

Last edited:

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
The Sperminator said:
I don't know about this thread. I'm not saying it's bragging or anything but if you do a good deed it should only be for you to know and the person you helped. No need to go around telling everyone what a great guy you are. It's like someone giving a homeless guy money and then telling everyone he did that. Makes you seem kind of fake like you only did it so people think you were a good person. Not saying thats what you are doing though. I think instead of saying whats a good thing you did you should say a good deed someone did for you. For me it would be when I was walking home a couple of days ago and it was raining and a guy drove by then did a u turn and gave me his umbrella. I thought that was pretty ****ing cool of the guy to do that. Not only did he had to do a u turn but he actually gave me the umbrella bc I don't know how it was and theres no way for me to return it. So I thought that was pretty cool of the guy.
You do make a very good point, and I can understand what you're saying. That's really cool for someone to give you an umbrella like that. Neat.

Actually, the other reason I thought of doing that / starting this thread is because a few days earlier someone did something nice for me too. I needed change for a dollar, for the parking meter. I asked a girl who worked (in my school) at the administration building. She didn't have change, so she just gave me 50 cents. Not much, I know, but it was still cool that she just gave it to me, because 50 cents is still 50 cents.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this thread. Today an older (probably early 60s) year old man was in the parking lot where I work trying to put a new air filter into his car (it was some late 80s ford that was a little bit of a pita). He said he was there for a while and couldn't get it, so I helped him out and he was able to drive away 10 minutes later.