"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Have you ever had luck with picking up a waitress?

brod716

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2001
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
My parents had returned from some restaurant yesterday and were like "you have got to see this girl, she's this and that, blah blah blah..." -- and this isn't the first occurrence.

Has anyone ever successfully picked up a waitress before, and if so, how would you go about doing that?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
755
Reaction score
9
Waitresses get hit on all the time, especially by older men. YOu could try, but unless you're extremely good looking, it's a long shot. Why? Men are a dime-a-dozen and she can turn down ugly dudes in favor of the hot ones. Thing is, the ones that she IS attracted to are probably too chicken sh|t to approach.
 

Kidquick

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
3
Age
49
I met my last girlfriend while she was at work - she waited tables at a bar near where I live, which is a college town so there was never a shortage of guys trying to lay some game on her: HB8, tan, blonde, tattoo on her lower back, the whole works.

Anyways, I had no dj plans in mind when I went in there, all I wanted to do was to do some reading and chill out a bit, maybe have a few beers...I sat down, she came up and asked me how I was doing, her intial tone indicated that she was tired, and that I was just one guy out of hundreds that she would see that night - I looked up and gave her a huge smile, told her I was doing great, and asked her how her night was. I saw right away the effect my smile had on her, because she gave me a huge smile back and said she was doing fine, just been a long night and all that - we made small talk and I ordered a beer, and she went off to see to her other tables....

I pulled out the book I was reading at the time and read for a bit, and didn't give anything else much thought...at one point I happened to look up and she and another co-worker (another HB8 - gotta love college towns) were both looking at me from across the bar! They both looked away giggling, I shot another smile at her and went back to my book, however THIS time instead of reading I started to formulate a plan...

About 3 minutes later she comes over to me, I figured that it was just to see if I wanted another drink, but she sits down at the seat next to me puts her hand on my arm, and asks me what I'm reading! I'm thinking "Holy sh*t...is SHE hitting on ME!? For the love of all that is holy, don't blow this, Kid!" For about 5 seconds there I didn't know what to do, but I quickly recovered and gave a quick rundown of what I was reading, (Mystic River) then I got right down to business - introduced myself, asked her how long she had worked there, how she liked it, etc, etc. She commented on the fact that I was in here alone, reading a book, which apparently nobody ever does. This alone made me stand out! Apparently you have to seperate yourself from the rest of the herd - but then again, isn't this the case all the time?

Picking up waitress can be a true test of ones dj skills - most of the time you're just a number to them, and they know that being flirty = more tips, so you never know if they are being sincere or not - the trick is to make them remember you! Avoid the cliche pickup lines, they've heard them all before, trust me. Bringing a book into the bar that night instead of a couple of buddies got me 3 months of off-the-wall sex with a 21 year old HB8 - and we still get together very once in awhile. It may be a bit different for you in a restaurant setting, but the premise is still the same. Best of luck!
 

WorldTraveller

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Age
54
Location
everywhere
brod,

give it a try... don't give a **** about whether you fail or not.

it's true that hot waitresses get hit on all the time, but you have nothing to lose.

I'll tell ya story that happened to me a few weeks ago... not with a waitress but with a race car model...

I had been invited to a local car race by the pilot, who is a good friend of mine. So I'm sitting around with the mechanics, in the pits, and this extremelly hot (HB9.5) model was going from pit to pit giving away "free caps" in exchange of "marketing data" for a local retailer. The mechanics were going crazy, absolutely every man and woman were staring at her... she was just way to hot on her tight outfit.

Ok, so here is me... not that great looking to be honest... she approaches one of the mechanics and says: "Sir... if you give me your name and phone number I'll give you a cap" Not wasting one second, I inmediatly tell her "Hey, and if I give you a cap you'll give me your name and number, right?" Everybody in the pit laughed thinking to themselves "Yeah right, like she's doing just that...."

Well, she did. She gave me her name, number and a kiss in the cheek. And told me in the ear "Call me."

I guess my point is... if you decide to go for it, DO IT!!! Don't choke. Be confident. Be funny. Be a man.

Good luck!!!
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm not) there's a very long and very well written article regarding this. If only people would use the SEARCH feature of this site (wow, what an idea!!!)

Wow, here's what I got after 3 seconds of work. I just typed "waitress" into the SEARCH feature, and hit 'search within titles only'. Please, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16517&highlight=waitress
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16628&highlight=waitress
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 25, 2002
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
175
I have worked in several restaurants and have been working at one for a year and a half. Never have I known a waitress who dated a customer.

Ask waitresses if men are pathetic. You will receive a resounding "Yes!" Even ugly waitresses get hit on. One time I knew a hostess-turned-waitress and on her very first shift she had only one table, a table of ten guys. Each guy gave her a $10 tip, for a $10 bill. She was cute, not hot. I know a waitress who most guys would only rate a "5", and yet she gets hit on by dirty old men -- she has big boobs. My younger sister is a waitress and, yup, getting hit on is a joke.

This is not to say getting a waitress is impossible. Hell, there have been times I ate in a restaurant only afterwards to be told that the waitress would look only at me the whole time. Yet, plenty of other times, I have tried to chat up a waitress only to reach a dead end.

There must be something 'incredibly' attractive about you. She has been hit on ten times today.

Cardlinal rule: she is having a bad day. Whenever I ask waitresses how they are doing, the standard honest reponse is that they are shytty (unless they are making bank in which case they are happy). Happiness is rare. If a customer were to ask the same question, they'd probably lie and say they are doing good. Point is, your waitress feels miserable. Help her feel good. Joke around. Be fun. Show sincerity. Look at her eyes and not her chest. Do whatever else you do. Go for the number. If you don't get the number written down on a sheet of paper, everything else is moot; if she says blah blah blah blah blah but in the end there is no number written down, it means nothing.

Oh yeah, and don't steal her pen. ;)
 
Top