• Yes, and it is a bad idea

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard some people say don't bother with girls at work, but never why. Is there a reason?

Have any you dated a girl you've worked with before? How did it turn out?

Player69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over all I would say its a bad idea. There are girls all over the place, so why go with one who could jepordise your career? There are some times where you could consider it though. If its a job you don't plan on doing very long, and she works in a totally different department. If anythng doesn't work out, still having to deal with this chick constantly everyday can lead to problems and more anoying stress.

Doing kinky things in the office, even when no one is around is a disruption to the work place, and if anyone finds out, it could jepordise your career. Also, being around a girl 8 hours a day 5 days a week and not able to do any of the fun stuff can take its toll on the relationship, especially outside work hours. Its anti chalange, and she will associate you with work. If she really loves her job, its not that bad, but if its not that fun or stress full, she will associate you with stress subconsiously.

Ultimately, it is your choice, but ill say some things you should take into consideration if you are really interested. If its a part time job you don't plan on staying in while going to school or college, you could go for it if you really want. If its your career, its not worth the consiquences that may come from it. If it is your career and you still wish to follow through, make sure she works in a different department, and you don't see her much at all at work.

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What if you do things outside of work that you don't wish for anyone you work with to know about. If you bring a girl you work with around then you get them p/od at you what's to say any of your secrets won't be out of the bag?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin met the woman of his dreams at work. He's a counselor and she's a nurse. They met while working at the hospital and they've been married for several years.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends what kind of "work" you do.

If you're working at the local McDonald's or the school library, who gives a sh!t? Ask the girl out.

If you're in some high-powered law firm or are a Wall Street broker, then no, it isn't worth it. The kind of girls at those places are serious career women, and dating them and fvcking up their amibitions is a recipe for disaster.

Reaction score
do it, they'll think you're not man enough
or at least flirt hard with them

i listened to that crap advice "never with girls at work" and it turned out bad for me

valera

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it. Do you really want to have the possibility of talking to/running into this girl in hallways and whatever for eight hours every day?

And who the f*** wants to talk about office stuff on a date?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on the type of job.

About a year and a half ago I had a sh1tty job at a retail store and I dated a girl I worked with for a few weeks. After we stopped dating things were a little awkward, but not a big deal. Today we're still friends and I've had no regrets dating her.