Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Have you all ever heard of Vegan Gains?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's a vegan youtuber who is into bodybuilding. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says but his arguments are always backed by research and very well thought out. Essentially he's against eating any meat, #1 for the moral part of it (needlessly killing animals) and #2 (most important), the health risk. He cuts through a lot of the bro science, the high saturated fat stuff, and gets to the point. And even if his sometimes ironclad stances are a little extreme, he does acknowledge things like how farm raised meat is worse than wild raised/caught meat/fish.

He's almost convinced me to go 80% vegan. I see no drawbacks at this time. I guess I'm at the age to where I don't care as much about the vanity, but I do care about my heart, which is the main killer nowdays. Not guns, not car accidents, HEART health.

Mainstream medical doctors are now even backing off smoking, saying that it's ancillary at best. The biggest risk increaser for heart disease is and always has been saturated fat.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He's a vegan youtuber who is into bodybuilding. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says but his arguments are always backed by research and very well thought out. Essentially he's against eating any meat, #1 for the moral part of it (needlessly killing animals) and #2 (most important), the health risk. He cuts through a lot of the bro science, the high saturated fat stuff, and gets to the point. And even if his sometimes ironclad stances are a little extreme, he does acknowledge things like how farm raised meat is worse than wild raised/caught meat/fish.

He's almost convinced me to go 80% vegan. I see no drawbacks at this time. I guess I'm at the age to where I don't care as much about the vanity, but I do care about my heart, which is the main killer nowdays. Not guns, not car accidents, HEART health.

Mainstream medical doctors are now even backing off smoking, saying that it's ancillary at best. The biggest risk increaser for heart disease is and always has been saturated fat.
I've only heard about him from other youtubers. Some make fun of him for being hypocritical and full of crap, but he's probably a legitimate vegan for good reasons.

I couldn't do it. I enjoy cheese, meat, eggs, fish and the like too much. If I could I'd reduce the meat eating to help the environment.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturated fat is not the biggest heart disease cause; inflammation and trans fat are. Inflammation is the root cause, because it causes the body’s cells to attack the arterial walls. That’s why poor dental health has a strong correlation to artery disease ( if you have a diseased mouth you have a diseased body).

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Vegans are silly...Needlessly killing poor, helpless, innocent, vegetables that can't even run away!:p

Please pass the potatoes!

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturated fat is not the biggest heart disease cause; inflammation and trans fat are. Inflammation is the root cause, because it causes the body’s cells to attack the arterial walls. That’s why poor dental health has a strong correlation to artery disease ( if you have a diseased mouth you have a diseased body).
My question is, when did we start dismissing actual doctors? Saturated fat causes inflammation, just like trans fats.

Inflammation is caused by other stuff - stuff the body doesn't like, so it's not inflammation causing the problem, it's the stuff causing the inflammation.

Or, in the case of allergies, it's the condition that causes the body to react to harmless things, thus triggering even more inflammation.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is, when did we start dismissing actual doctors? Saturated fat causes inflammation, just like trans fats.

Inflammation is caused by other stuff - stuff the body doesn't like, so it's not inflammation causing the problem, it's the stuff causing the inflammation.

Or, in the case of allergies, it's the condition that causes the body to react to harmless things, thus triggering even more inflammation.
Too much of anything is bad. Yet, people still like to overdo things.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is, when did we start dismissing actual doctors?
When we figured out that they and their pre-determined studies are mostly bought and paid for by special interest groups pushing agendas, just like everything else. The biggest contributor to most major disease is inactivity and excessive consumption.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Research into heart disease is ever changing. It has been for decades. Unfortunately, doctors have not pinpointed what specifically causes heart disease. Just 10 years ago, eggs were crucified as being bad for your heart because of dietary cholesterol. Now, there is no link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol levels. There is currently no such link between saturated fat and heart disease.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man I’m sorry dude but VG is total bull****. The vast majority of his ‘research’ is well over 20 years old (anyone who reads studies knows that it’s not supposed to be over 10) and he is a total nutcase. The main reason why he gets blasted by other youtubers is because he got a lot of infamy one day when he uploaded a video of his grandpa dying of a heart attack while he was saying stuff like “hahaha animal eating scum! You deserve to die!” And stuff like that. Like dude, your grandpa is LITERALLY dying in front of you, and all you can do is talk **** olabout him and make fun of his suffering because he ate meat as a kid or something? He also compared people who eat meat to serial killers numerous times like a ****ing retard and pretty much cherry picks his claims. There are so many logical fallacies to dispute with this beanhead that it’s not worth doing.

I’ll give you one though: he always links eating meat to cancer. Well it’s always important to realize that correlation ≠ causation. And it’s also important to know that the link of eating meat causing cancer is pretty much the same as eating ANY food. What do I mean by this? Eating meat means that your body has energy for your cells to divide. One accidental **** up in your cell’s division can cause a mutation that can lead to cancer. We all know this. But if your body doesn’t have the nutrients or energy needed for cell division, then cells cannot divide. Now get this: foods like fruits and vegetables also provide energy, which is needed for cell division, which is also linked to cancer too! Hurt dude cancer this cancer that, blah blah blah.

Eating in general increases your chances of causing cancer. That’s why the only proven way to reduce cancer risk, slow it down, or potentially stop it is through fasting, which is just a pretty way of saying ‘not eating’. And as we all know, you can’t do that for very long either. You could say the same exact thing about breathing too because it allows the electrons to pass through ETC and produce ATP which is the universal source of energy in living things. Hurt durr breathing causes cancer, very wow, much discovery doublegreatest such smart.

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Research into heart disease is ever changing. It has been for decades. Unfortunately, doctors have not pinpointed what specifically causes heart disease. Just 10 years ago, eggs were crucified as being bad for your heart because of dietary cholesterol. Now, there is no link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol levels. There is currently no such link between saturated fat and heart disease.
LOL that is exactly what I'm talking about, B R O si-entz

Enjoy your heart attack

CBear

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plant based diets are the healthiest for humans. They're expensive as s#!t though (for someone trying to build more muscle). Plus it's harder for vegans to obtain nutrients such as calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin b12. As a result, they're at a higher risk of anemia. I personally would rather not go vegan. Much easier to get protein eating fish/meat.

As for vegan gains, the guys got extreme mental issues. Have known of him for 3ish years. Last I watched any of his stuff, he was talking about how he might have a lump in his testicle. This was after he laughed at furiouspete for having testicular cancer and just made horrible remarks about him. He's a horrible person to follow, do your own research if you're considering it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, there is no link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol levels. There is currently no such link between saturated fat and heart disease.
Wait I’m sorry dude I just read this and I have to comment. You are incorrect. There is a pretty direct relation between cholesterol, particularly LDL, and heart disease.

Basically, LDL is not as dense as HDL (the type of cholesterol found in eggs). LDL is bad, HDL is fine (hence ‘good’ and ‘bad’ cholesterol). Basically, LDL thickens the walls of blood vessels because it is able to seep through the first layer of it (blood vessels have several layers that make up the wall). The reason why it is able to do that is because it is low density. HDL is high density and is not able to do that. That’s why HDL doesn’t cause heart disease. But LDL eventually gets through and makes one part of the wall fatter, and is partially lodged in, partially not lodged in. Oncoming LDL is able to attach to it and continue thickening it from inside the blood vessel’s first layer. Eventually HDL (or blood or something else) comes along and hits the blob of LDL. The LDL gets ripped off and brings with it the LDL that is attached to the outside of the blood vessel layer, also ripping off the blood vessel layer too. Now, what happens there is a cut on your body? Platelets come and help cover it up. Now the platelets come to do the same to the blood vessel, which means you basically have a rough, hard scab in that blood vessel. This makes it even harder for blood to get through if it’s not already blocked. Your blood vessels can repair or regenerate themselves. There is some relatively new research that has been done regarding this (basically stem cell research, go figure) but it’s not yet fully understood.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait I’m sorry dude I just read this and I have to comment. You are incorrect. There is a pretty direct relation between cholesterol, particularly LDL, and heart disease.
You didn't read carefully. I said there is no correlation between dietary cholesterol and total blood cholesterol. The liver regulates its production of cholesterol to compensate with dietary cholesterol. Eggs, the main dietary cholesterol culprit, does not raise automatically cause high cholesterol as once thought. But going back to what I said, there is no explicit link between saturated fat and heart disease. It was once conventional wisdom, but the findings have come into question (like pretty much everything else in heart disease research) because there are so many other competing variables. It doesn't mean go binge on red meat and butter, but they most likely aren't a death sentence like vegans would like you to believe.

Last edited: