Have any of you been a "rebound man"?

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now rarely do I ask questions im usually pretty good with this stuff and know the game,but have any of you actually sucessfully been a rebound man?

What I mean by that is..I remember reading somewhere that like if a girl is with a BF and she seems to have some feelings for you,after they break up she will be looking to feel validation of attractiveness or w.e and basically go for the next potential victim which if you have kept her interest level up can be you.Correct me if Im wrong with this for all you pros but I think thats what it basically means.

Im in this situation right now with lots of flirting from this girl (more than she does with other guys) and I feel my time is almost here.Im not rushing it or anything based on the fact that shes not a one-itis nor am I really looking for someone that badly now but those are the basics of it.

Has anyone been in this similar type of situation and could shed some light on it?I mean with this girl few months ago I ****ed up.On msn I asked her whats up,she said "oh nothin just living the single life" and clueless me at that time thought nothing of it nor did I know that that was a subtle hint and I wasnt agressive enough and they got back together:down:

Reaction score
Hooray! A situation I can actually give input in.

There's this one girl I know who had a boyfriend just weeks ago. During the last days of their relationship, she needed an outlet to complain to about this problem or that problem in her relationship, and what this meant or that meant from a guy's perspective. I answered truthfully each time despite it being fairly annoying after awhile. And then, they broke up.

And now she's after me o_O. Now, I'm not entirely interested in her, as I've got other matters to attend to. (bigger fish to fry :p)

Anywho, I'd wait until she stops saying anything about the other guy, and then make a move. If she already ceased to talk about him, go fer it! :D

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your style bud thanks.

See she briefly once in a while mentions him.Few weeks ago on msn,literally 3-4 responses in a row dedicated to telling me how "awsome" he was.I then just proceeded to do some simple BF destroyers.But our whole like friendship is alot of flirting like touchy and like last week I was talking to my friend,she comes by me,taps me on the shoulder and does the kiss on the hand and blow thing.I didnt think too much of it but she doesnt seem to flirt with other guys as much so I think its going well.

The part that really threw me off was last time I saw her she was showing me her dog on her phone.She accidently presses the wrong button and it goes to the next picture on the phone which happened to be them two as a couple.She very quickly switched back to the dog picture.I dont know if this was a good move at the time so without making the moment awkward I said "wait lemme see that picture for a second" but she like just hesitantly refused/ignored it you know kind like it just ended there.

Reaction score
No problem.

Hm. Well, she's talking about what a great guy he was. The chick in my scenario was talking about what an ******* her boyfriend was. While they may seem opposite, I think its still essentially the same. Be somewhat aggressive without coming on TOO strong. I'd make sure she knows that your interested, but let her know that you'll respect her time to recover if need be.

Timing is of the essence. If you can go an entire hour talking to her without the ex coming up, then go ahead and make your move. And if he does come up, she probably wants the usual "your to good for him anyways," spiel and then be quite about it after brief resistance.

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill just remind you that this is HS stuff still so in class Im under a time limit+ countless distractions.My friend even gets jealous and wants to sit by me saying "stop flirting with her you wont get anything".I mean I could ask her out but just the BF thing I dont want to get in the way but maybe that is what is stopping me?I dont want any problems to arise seeing as how its against someone bigger but their relationship is slagging so I think patience MIGHT work to my advantage

Bonafide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoid that shyt.... its easy to tell when a girl just needs rebound... I laugh in their faces...omg this girl tried to make me her rebound...I hurt her so bad